You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Name Changes?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Name Changes?
VENOM_OZ_RICK
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 05:38 AM EDT (US)         
Ok im just got this game like a week ago and im starting to get use to the editor(im use to the old EE editor) I cant seem to find out how to change a units name, is there a way or not???
AuthorReplies:
Byz
Mortal
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
posted 13 March 2003 06:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
No.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
jonnycartooney
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 07:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
Nope,

Byz is right. You cannot change stats either. Hopefully ES adds something like that into a future patch, or the X-pack. However, there was a Unit Editor, along with other goodies, but apparently ES took that out too.

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

Niadanac
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 09:29 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17       

Quote:

Hopefully ES adds something like that into a future patch, or the X-pack

All we can do is hope, that in the next patch, coming soon acording to MFO, that they apply the nonexistant feature in with no negative glitches.

Only reason they have not finished the "customize object" feature yet, I figure, is the rampant sync errors that might occur.

Tom Edwards
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 10:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
Meh, all of the features that were left out from AOKTC will be made availiable...in a full-price xpack. The fools.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
Staff Member, Dragon Gaming Design Network
Yannos
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 11:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Right now, the EE editor (and the Warcraft one too but WC editor is not so simple) is the best editor you can ask for,i just hope AoM will add more features later, they have too
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 12:24 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
we all know damn well es won't add it, so there's no point wishing for it

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
Byz
Mortal
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
posted 13 March 2003 12:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
If someone would have said that back in the AoK days, before TC, they would have been wrong. I think ES knows what they did wrong, and I'm sure they'll fix it.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
oh SpanKy oh
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 01:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
yep, i was shocked when i tested the editor...

the first thing i noticed and disliked, is when you make a new map, the terrain isnt plain... thanks to someone who made a map script for it...
you cant change a unit's name, properties... etc

mostly all of the good things of aom were made by players, which are pulushing the game for es... sad...

its nearly impossible to believe that es still couldnt fix the 2,4 error in all of the patches, and then some player comes with a program that puts end to the problem.

"Theres more talent in the grades than in the stadium"

off topic, but have any of you tested out the WC3 editor? ive have heard its pretty good, i think i might buy the game within the next week

Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 02:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       

Quote:

its nearly impossible to believe that es still couldnt fix the 2,4 error in all of the patches, and then some player comes with a program that puts end to the problem.

it was just another way to upload the stats and not a fix to the error, but in the patch 1.03-1.04 most of the people didnt get any morre 2,4 error.

Quote:

the first thing i noticed and disliked, is when you make a new map, the terrain isnt plain... thanks to someone who made a map script for it...

It was extremely asy to do this, and grass was default terrain in aok too, only thing in AoM it had levations everywhere, which is good for newbies coz they forget to use elevations anyways.

Quote:

you cant change a unit's name, properties... etc

Many great scenarios have been made without these, its a matter of creating a scenario with what you have and not looking at the flaws of the editor. Ingo's AoK scenarios, the best of all times had to unit eidting capabilities, and now he goes back to design for AoE which has even less features than AoK's editor.

AoM's editor offers everything necessaryto create a good campaign, sure some stuff can better it, but in every post on the forums just posting the negatives doesnt help much. This much time can be instead spent in designing something.

Before, you blame ES for their editor, design something good from this simple editor and then ask for more features. Make the most of what you have got, not the most of what you havent.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 13 March 2003 03:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
LD, how do you know they won't add it?

I think you guys need to stp dwelling on the things missing from the editor, and focus on whats really great about it. And if you have a problem with eleveation, save a flat/blank map, and open it when you start something new. It's amazing what can be accomplished with a little brain power

DK
Red Storm
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 04:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       

Quote:

have any of you tested out the WC3 editor?

I have WC3 and the editor is much more complicated as compared to AoM's editor, but features such as the unit editor in WC3 are very good.

Secret_jer
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 07:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
It is very unfortunate they left that out. I got upset at the Wc3 unit editor for not being able to change unit shadow size. This seems trivial when talking about aom's editor!

Note that I am not flaming the editor, merely criticizing it's faults.

VENOM_OZ_RICK
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 01:04 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
To be honest i dont like this editor, the cinematics and animations are good but the triggers and effects nope i hate it. This is very dissapointing i bought this game for the editor cause i heard it was awesome, but ah wellback to EE i guess.
jonnycartooney
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 05:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Actually,

If you really know how to work the editor, its a very effective peice of program. It can make some pretty neat stuff. All you have to do is get to learning it, and keep trying new stuff. Keep reading tutorials, and playing around with the editor, and you'll see. You will be able to create some very neat triggers in no time.

Age of Mythology needs some good scenarios. There isn't very much of those around.

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 14 March 2003 10:48 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
if you dont know venom_oz_rick, he is a very good scn maker, i also do agree the AoM editor is bad, but we have to deal with it and do watever we can to get some good scns

LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 11:34 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
what i mean is theres no way they are going to do it in a patch, why should they when they can make more money by releasing a patch with it in? I don't expect to have to pay extra money to get something that should have been there in the first place...

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 12:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       

Quote:

if you dont know venom_oz_rick, he is a very good scn maker, i also do agree the AoM editor is bad, but we have to deal with it and do watever we can to get some good scns

Go back to EE?

actually, i also remember what RICK posted at Woad Creations for which he got banned.

You can be good at designing in one game, doesnt necessarily mean you are good at another game. That can be known if a scenario is designed by you.

The fact, that he didnt check out the ES FAQ or the main FAQ to look whether there really is a unit editor puts in some rookeiness.

EE's editor was good but the game want good at all IMO, while AoM editor is quite good enough and is an excellent game.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames