You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » XML Trigger Editor - Where is it?
Bottom
Topic Subject:XML Trigger Editor - Where is it?
TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 10:25 AM EDT (US)         
Matei mentioned an XML Trigger editor in a post here that lets you change triggers by hand. Does this let you extract your triggers from the .scn file, manipulate them and then put them back in? If it does, where can I get it?

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
AuthorReplies:
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 14 March 2003 10:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
its AoMed, download it on this website, it has instructions in it.

Tevious
Mortal
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 14 March 2003 10:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Should of checked the Scenario Editor FAQ.

Quote:
Q: How do I copy triggers?

A: You can use AOMEd to extract the Trigger.xml from your scenario. Trigger.xml is an editable text which you can copy, paste, and edit the deatils of each trigger. For more information, check Here.

Its what I used in KOT, BTW.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 03-14-2003 @ 10:41 AM).]

TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 11:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I did look and I did have AOMED installed already but it was the old version...

Anyway, it don't do exactly what I was hoping and it don't like custom triggers (gets an error and aborts if it don't recognized the effect/condition).

I was hoping that the trigger export would be .XS code which could then be hand scripted and re-injected into the .scn file. I am trying like hell to figure a way to hand code triggers in .xs and have them usable on EOS without the user having to seperately d/l a VC file.

What a freakin' tease the VC file is! So powerful, yet there is no way to get it to a player automatically! I am going to have to use it though to code the triggers for my next map.

I've gotten damn good at the RMS and placing terrian and can pretty much do anything I want with it. Here's the arena for my next RMS map BloodSport. I can't even imagine trying to make this in the editor! This took me 1 hour to script (and 3 hours to mold into perfection...) It's supposed to have a Sports Arena feel to it

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>

[This message has been edited by TwentyOneScore (edited 03-14-2003 @ 11:36 AM).]

Ykkrosh
Mortal
posted 14 March 2003 01:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I suppose it could be possible to let AOMEd handle unrecognised triggers in a vaguely sensible way -- the problem is that the XML loses lots of information which is required to rebuild the triggers, so that data would need to be stored in the XML, which would get quite messy. But at least then it'd work...

With AOMEd (possibly only version 0.6a), you can write arbitrary XS code into any triggers, using <Code>some xs code etc</Code> instead of <Condition ...> or <Effect ...> in triggers.xml (it creates a 'fake' effect with the code you type in and no parameters), which could be useful. It ought to work fine in multiplayer situations where only the .scn file has been distributed (though you should probably check first). If it still doesn't let you do what you need, I'll see if I can think of any other ways to trick AOM's trigger-to-XS conversion...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames