You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign Title: The last of Atlanteans.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign Title: The last of Atlanteans.
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 27 March 2003 11:42 PM EDT (US)         
I have a 25-scenario long campaign coming. However, itís not about the length thatís going to be the part you notice when you play it. I am doing my best with the quality of each scenario.
Swear to god itís coming; itís not like I got this crazy idea I dreamed of last night and I want to do it. Building of this campaign started a while ago, and now I am starting to publicize about this campaign. Check out the screenshots in the eye-candy thread. I have gotten so many other peopleís work in here, so I canít simply waste the project even if I wish to. THIS IS GOING TO BE FINISHED, no matter what.
I have a few people working on it, but I need more people for the sake that itíll be faster.
Cinematic will be included, character voice undecided, mixed type of maps (rpg, normal, defense, mix, etc.), and more.
Twisted sequel to the original campaign.
Unlike the original campaign, which is the adventure of Arkantos, this is more of a journey for Arkantos.

Introduction (unrevised):
A long time ago, there was a splendid city, named Atlantis. There was a hero named Arkantos, who fought against a Cyclops named Gargaransis, a son of Poseidonís. Poseidon wanted to release the evil titan, Cronus, in order to gain control over the heavens for himself. After winning the final battle, Atlantis sunk, while Arkantos was summoned by Athena to be a demi-god.
However, his divinity did not last long. Poseidon was furious that an ever-lasting life was granted to Arkantos, and he caused Zeus a lot of troubles on this. On a final conference, Arkantos was finally deprived of his divinity.
Zeus assigned him to rebuild Atlantis...
Under the deep water, where Arkantosí mortal body lay, a heavenly light shot through the sky into the ocean.
Two months later, a fleet sailed on the place where Atlantis had sunk. The fleet admiral was Ajax, an old friend of Arkantosí...
This is a story of which Arkantos sent himself on a quest of immortality.

Features:
2 full-rpg
2 half-rpg
defense maps
special plays
normal
multi-civs
more, more, more!

----------------------
erf, anyone interested in helping could contact me by whatever method you wish to use.
And any discussion of it goes into this thread.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 06-28-2003 @ 09:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Tom Edwards
Mortal
posted 28 March 2003 04:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
25? That's going to take years for just one person! If you think you can do it though, best of luck.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
Staff Member, Dragon Gaming Design Network

[This message has been edited by Tom Edwards (edited 03-28-2003 @ 04:18 AM).]

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 28 March 2003 03:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
Sounds brilliant (I would help but I have other projects on the go). A bit of advice I wouldnt use character voices; it would make the file to big to download.

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 28 March 2003 04:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
I'm not doing it alone, i'm just doing most of it.
Plus it's spring break, and I think i can do it fairly fast.

okay i won't add in voice, 1sec is like 30kb, so one min would be 1.8mb

thx for encouragements

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 03-28-2003 @ 04:31 PM).]

mistacheese
Mortal
posted 29 March 2003 08:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
I would say immortal, not semi-god. Also, a "quest for immortality" is really already expressed in the life of Hercules. Just a annoying/fun fact.

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
theophilus
Mortal
posted 29 March 2003 09:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
Demi-god... i think thats what it actually is but dont listen to me
Admiral Tyler II
Mortal
posted 29 March 2003 10:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
Yep, it's Demi-god. He's in the inspiration for my campaign that will also for sure be finished.

~The Grandest Admiral~
"Toss me."
"What?"
"I cannot jump the distance so you'll have to toss me. Ehh.. Donít tell the elf."
"Not a word."

~Still a Member of DFD Masters~
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 30 March 2003 00:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
I am not really sure about what's Hercule's story, but i'm almost sure it'll be completely different.
It's not about pleasing the gods. :P
while the campaign do not end when he attains immortality.
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 30 March 2003 11:29 AM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
Its Demi God.

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

koghk
Mortal
posted 30 March 2003 11:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
id like to have the voices personally... maybe have two downloads? one with and one without?
if you need any help will do whatever im able to if its needed. use the forums PM thingy if you need a hand.
koghk
Mortal
posted 30 March 2003 12:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
oh... cant pm on here. if leave your email ill email you.
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 30 March 2003 01:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
oh i forgot to put it down: it's battlestar000@yahoo.co.in
not ".com" it's ".co.in" :/
and i am in need of help, thanx
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 21 April 2003 11:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
along with the effort to collect crews into this forum dedicated to the campaign: (scroll to the bottom) http://invisionfree.com/forums/TheCLANclan/index.php?s=607c1af53059f9e49821f7d10ab52af3

you can post there as well, maybe offer up ideas and such, it's all welcome. and you could catch how the campaign is coming along and all if you are interested in this campaign

footnote: sorry for the thread digging and double posting (special situation right? ), but it's the thread on my campaign and would probably unsuitable to start a new one

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 04-21-2003 @ 11:23 PM).]

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 22 April 2003 04:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
battlestar, how about changing the name of your title? Like: Rise Of Atlantis, Atlantis Reborn, City Beneath The Ocean, Posidens Wrath, Task Of Arkantos, The Fall Of The Trident 2 (...) A City Reborn...etc etc.

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 22 April 2003 04:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
so... what's with the current title could u point out/hint me pls

"Rise Of Atlantis, Atlantis Reborn, City Beneath The Ocean, Posidens Wrath, Task Of Arkantos, The Fall Of The Trident 2, A City Reborn"
they won't work cuz doesnt' fit into the overall story, it's not rebuilding atlantis, not at all mainly fighting Poseidon, no one assigned task to arkantos, nor was it important that he disgraced poseidon again.
It's his own immortality. and it's quite something unexpected... If you really really want to know... email me at battlestar000@yahoo.co.in... let me clean out the stuff first it's over loaded for now :P
and just don't give out the story to anyone else even ur friends pls....

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 22 April 2003 05:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
lol sorry...
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 22 April 2003 07:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
that's alright ur idea was good thanx
it was a bit surprising how the story line is so :P
while the intro story didn't give out the big picture, it's only an introduction so it's only a ladder of transition .

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 04-22-2003 @ 07:57 PM).]

Gaurdian112
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 07:45 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
Well, good luck, although I must say the idea for this campaign is very unoriginal. I reckon it won't be loved or downloaded much, unless you succesfully publiscize it well. You see, the downloads for AoMHeaven are cluterred with very boring and very newbie campaigns about Kemsyt returning, Arkantos killing Kamos again, and god knows what else.

Try to do something original. Just to give you an idea, I'm doing a campaign called Spartan. Its for Blackstorm Studios ( follow the link on my sig ).

And after that, I'm planning on doing a campaign about Ramses II ( Ramses the Great), (an egyptian pharaoh).

See the point is, be original. The main campaign that we got with the game is awesome really, and its all about Arkantos and Atlantis. So you see, whatever you make that takes their ideas can't top there campaign.

Just my advice. BTW check out my Cinematics Guide.

It could help you with your Campaign. Best of luck.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 05:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
you can send an email to me and i'll mail u back the story.
all i did take from the original campaign (as far as i'm concerned) is its ending and the heros. just continued on with it.

the campaign itself stands out as a campaign itself independently. don't even need a transition.

when i started the first map i had no idea it's a sequal.

had to fiddle with myself hard to come up with an connection.

and if you are interested to receive the story you can check it. and then possible corrections would be made and much appreciated

and i am doing much to publicize it. :P

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 04-24-2003 @ 05:55 PM).]

Gaurdian112
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 00:33 AM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
I'll be glad to help out man, my email:scooter_logical@hotmail.com

Send the story.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 01:21 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
Mojo14
Mortal
posted 29 April 2003 01:51 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
I just downloaded the screen saver and I was really amazed by some of the eye candy on them.

Keep up the good work.

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 03:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
I agree with what Guardian said...well sort of. Yes, it is a bit unoriginal to be doing a campaing about Arkantos. But there is no Change Name Trigger...anyway, next time, I would do a campaing on the less featured characters like: Skut (btw what happened to him in the campaing? I didnt see him die...) or Odysuess, or Senta etc. This campaing must, really, be ground breaking if its going to set these fourums alight...but this doesent mean you CANT use Arky and co in your campaings so keep at it battlestar!

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

AOM_CURSE
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 05:36 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
maybe if some one ends our toture of Tim W and finds out how to make editor read the edited files we can change speciaic unit names and hps,

[This message has been edited by AOM_CURSE (edited 04-30-2003 @ 05:37 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames