You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Triggers, Conditions, and Effects
Bottom
Topic Subject:Triggers, Conditions, and Effects
Mokon
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 11:28 AM EDT (US)         
Ok scenario designers here is your chance to influnce a game in development... Post below any trigger conditions or effects that you have ever wanted..... Also add anything like "I want an or process for condtions".

Thanx Mokon

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • AuthorReplies:
    Niadanac
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
    I would like to see:

• An effect that changes elevation on the map. However complicated this would be to program and implicate, it could be very usefull.

• A unit activate effect, the unit is is like a sleeping guardian until activated.

• A condition of an idle player.

• A damage unit effect, could make our own gp's in the editor with this.

• An effect which turns on High Detail Graphics (maybe just for cinematics)
  • Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
    i dont understand tis one...A condition of an idle player. do u mean unit?

• bo shek mafia ma
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 06:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
    Well, I suppose I would like a trigger that changes/places TERRIAN, becuase this could be very helpful if you were going to make a season changing map...

Presenting...
    Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
    The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
    Coming soon..in Fall 04

Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 07:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
    k... would u also like it so u could set what each season looks like and then tell it to go to a spefic on? ie grass become snow in winter and field in summer...

• Niadanac
    Mortal
    posted 26 April 2003 00:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
    Idle player condtion would be used if one a 4 player map you only wanted a 1v1, the other 2 players (not being used and causing lag that is not nessicary) could easily be destroyed. You can however work around this.

This is how to do it.

[This message has been edited by Niadanac (edited 04-26-2003 @ 01:49 AM).]

SR2
    Mortal
    posted 26 April 2003 02:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
    I think that rts games should drop the usualt trigger system and go 100% scripted. But that's just me. Many people would want the simplicity of the trigger system. Therefore have triggers and coding in one package that you can switch back and forth from both.

A few effects to have:

Load Scenario w/ or w/o loading screen.

Select unit (Effect): Sets a group of units to be selected. As if you pushed "1" when you have an army assigned to group 1.

Teleport unit to cordinate (x,y,z). Can even be off the ground.

1st Person View: Starts a cinematic using the selected units view. Updates when unit moves.

Display Image: Select and image file and set where you want it to be displayed on screen. You could have a picture of a stuffed chicken displayed in the center of the screen with this. Allow transparent colors.

Trigger Copy: This is an effect. Select a trigger to copy and then another trigger for it to paste on. It would be very useful to be able to modify triggers in-game.

Trigger Pause: Pauses a trigger from working for a specified amount of time. Just a shorthand for other methods.

The ability to dump variables into a file that can be read or written by other scenarios.

Hide Unit from minimap: Select a unit or group of units and they will be hidden from the minimap.

Toggle Cheat Codes.

Adjust Game Speed.

Play audio file from internet: Maybe this could allow someone to listen to a web radio when they play a scn?

Condition:

If Comp Performance == >= <= != X

Other:

Allow C&Ping of triggers

Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 26 April 2003 02:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
    thanx

interesting any others

thanx mokon

• CCz_realn2
    Mortal
    posted 26 April 2003 06:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
    Okay, I just got the Editor 51 and it seems very good, but I was hoping to find a way to convert maps from the orginal editor to this one so I dont have to redo mine. If you can answer that, I would apreciate that.

I would like to have the condition Player resource count "kills" added there. Would make alot of those Blood scenarios. Also would like to change units name.

If you can help me out on any of my questions I would be greatful.

CCz_Realn

AOM_CURSE
    Mortal
    posted 27 April 2003 02:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
    teleport alreayd exists along with creating armys also download the new editor if you havent...an one that hasnt relaly !! its asome and for the person that cant edit there map g to load and load up your scenario and edit it if it dont load um let me say then you have a glitch

[This message has been edited by AOM_CURSE (edited 04-27-2003 @ 04:35 PM).]

Jimbob_arg_bob
    Mortal
    posted 27 April 2003 02:43 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
    definatly the kills thing, for both bloods and rpgs. currently, if i make an RPG, i have no way of determining which player killed a respawn point, so i dont know who to give resources to.
    mistacheese
    Mortal
    posted 27 April 2003 02:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
    Find unit ID in area, with x% of hp, etc
    Use ID to cast GPs on, change HP, teleport, task, etc

This would be very helpful for reacting to units created during gameplay. I would also like a random fire event effect so that scenarios wouldn't be the same everytime. You should be able to add an infinite amount of trigs to randomly fire. For example, you could make "storms" (Lightning Storm) randomly appear on an ocean, or have units zapped (Bolt) whenever it reaches a certain point.

Have you considered making a custom trig guide and reference? It would be useful.

Exiled
    Battle Dwarves
    Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
    AOM_CURSE
    Mortal
    posted 27 April 2003 03:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
    this aint really a trigger but the ablity to sahr anim files and modd files without overwriting orignals so we rpgs makers can creat ll new units with out haveing to worry about others havingto download them first. o but i do have one trigger if it wasnt hit on a bit already.

i got it from a game called populos or however its spelled
    in this game your were a shaman and had earth orientated gp's to erod land make mountains and wut not.. This would be espacilay usefull cause in a way you could have a map within a map if you making a scenario or rpg

another effect could be to hover land to creat actaul floating bridges fo things like tunnels underwater andeven maybe bridges.. maybe

a trigger to tilt shake stretch or skew units. just a few ideas :-P

CheeZy
    Mortal
    (id: CheeZy monkey)
    posted 27 April 2003 04:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
    Reverie Entertainment is making their scenario editor very scripter-friendly. Theres no triggers, instead theres an open slot for scripting code. You can do almost anything you want.
    www.reverieentertainment.com

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
    WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
    "But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
    ----Stuff I've Made----
    Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 28 April 2003 03:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
    yeah i know about them.... i was in there starting dev until i got a virus :~(

• SR2
    Mortal
    posted 28 April 2003 06:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
    I'm getting confused. It sounds like people are talking about adding triggers to AOM yet you started by saying

"Ok scenario designers here is your chance to influnce a game in development"

Is this for an AOM mod or an entirely new game?

Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 28 April 2003 08:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
    entirely new game.... i am looking for what ppl want that most games dont have

• Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 01 May 2003 06:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
    bump

• sziggi
    Mortal
    posted 01 May 2003 09:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
    How about a condition that is satisfied by counting other trigger. Example; this condition would’nt fire till the specified triggers had all fired. Could have used this one afew times already.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames