You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Placing units that don't count for pop limit. Possible?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Placing units that don't count for pop limit. Possible?
SepticBrainfluid
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 08:06 AM EDT (US)         
Hi, this is my first post though I've been lurking here for a couple months. Anyhow, I'm making a multiplayer map and I want to give my opponent some bonus units (villagers, naval myth units, and towers) but I dont want them to be added to her population limit. Is this possible without resorting to putting them on a computer allied team or gia? Putting them on another team would be acceptable, as long as she can control them. I doubt thats possible though.
AuthorReplies:
Kemsyt
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 11:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
They are automatically added to your pop limit But, you can add them to every allied team, and later use the convert trigger to convert them to player 1 or something (but they still will be counted to the pop limit).

.-~·*'˜¨¯`·¸[Kemsyt]¸·`¯¨˜'*·~-.
^v^[Scn designer and staff member of Blackstorm Inventions]^v^
«(·÷[Member ofWoad Creations÷·)»
`·.,¸¸,.·´¯["My AoM work: -=WonderWars=-]¯`·.,¸¸,.·´

[This message has been edited by Kemsyt (edited 04-30-2003 @ 11:46 AM).]

SepticBrainfluid
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 06:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Damn. Thanks for the reply, thats what I thought. Guess I'll just put all the towers and myth units on a cpu team.
mistacheese
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 09:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Just raise the pop limit accordingly. It won't look right, but it will WORK. Or, perhaps you could have a unit that the cpu myths guard and then they are set to aggresive but not guarding. Really weird, so I'd go with 1st idea.

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
mistacheese
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 09:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Oh yeah, towers don't count for pop. That shouldn't be a problem.

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 30 April 2003 11:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Posedion militia dont count towards pop i beleive?

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
SepticBrainfluid
Mortal
posted 01 May 2003 01:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Awsome, thanks. I tried raising player2's pop before, but I didn't notice the effect. Was tired I guess. Another question, though I could test this, maybe you could save me some time. Will this affect the final pop limit for that player late in the game. Like if the limit is 300 total for both players and I give player2 like 30 myth units, will the popcap max out? Is the attribute added to the total pop limit? or just player2's pop?

About the towers; true they don't count towards pop, but you can only have so many of them. See, the map I'm making has a heavily fortified base for player2, lots of towers. Plus it has a mote, dividing the map in two, thats filled with acid spitting sea snakes (forgot their name) and krakens etc. But I still want player2 to be able to build more towers to protect mines ect.

Edit: I solved the tower problem by assigning them to the comp and using the "set tech status" trigger.

[This message has been edited by SepticBrainfluid (edited 05-01-2003 @ 08:13 PM).]

SepticBrainfluid
Mortal
posted 01 May 2003 01:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Kumar Shah: I'll look into that...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames