You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » NE Canada/Greenland/Northwest Passage Map?
Bottom
Topic Subject:NE Canada/Greenland/Northwest Passage Map?
funky monkey9
Mortal
posted 21 November 2003 01:10 AM EDT (US)         
something i thought about in geography today....I saw a map of the top of Canada, Greenland and all those little islands, and I thought, WHAT AN EXCELLENT AOM MAP!! Especially if the small passes between islands "froze over" peridically somehow, temporarily stopping all naval combat, and the only access to the enemy was by land. Also, units shouldn't be able to walk across the "ice". Maybe all rivers could be made into mountains? I don't know, i'm not a scenario designer. The control of certain bays and rivers would be near vital to winning. That would be so cool. Take one look at this

http://www.nunavutparks.com/visitors_centre/visitor_centre_map.cfm

and you'll agree. Maybe this could be a challenge for you Cheezy?

What does everyone else think?

AuthorReplies:
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 21 November 2003 11:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
I think it's ompissble to make water unpassable for a while, you can't change the terraint type IN GAME, or can you ???

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, 真 need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
funky monkey9
Mortal
posted 21 November 2003 05:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
I wasn't sure, like I said, I'm not a scenario designer....but if you cut the freezing part out what do you think?
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 22 November 2003 05:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
hmm, it looks cool with all those islands and all !!!

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, 真 need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
Caewil
Mortal
(id: ARACHNID5678)
posted 22 November 2003 06:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Cool idea, I especially like the islands.
If you want it to freeze, how about using a looping frost GP that invokes itself every two minutes(gaia of course).

Though units wouldn't be able to walk on it, it would prevent naval warfare for a long while.

BTW, have you noticed that frost doesn't just freeze ships? It actually sinks them as well.

[This message has been edited by ARACHNID5678 (edited 11-22-2003 @ 06:12 AM).]

Matei
Mortal
posted 22 November 2003 12:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Frost sinks ships? Wow, I never knew that! That's probably better than Njord on water then.

While you can't turn rivers to ice in-game, you can place objects such as rocks with triggers. An easy way to block a river would be to have some cinematic blocks that are converted to Boulder Walls every so often - that should stop ships from going through.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 22 November 2003 12:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
I have even a better idea !!

Make a lot of cinematic blocks, then if the rivers freeze, the blocks will turn into invisable walls, and various snow drifts, that way it will look like it's frozen, and you are unable to pass !!!

Caewil
Mortal
posted 22 November 2003 07:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Good idea reaper, but I think that the frost power should be invoked so that it sinks any ship stupid enough to go there. It will also add to the effect of making it look even more frozen.
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 23 November 2003 04:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
You can also change them into ice sheets, these things give you the illusion of normal frost god powers, cuz if you invoke one, the ships will sink(according 2 others) so that would make it impossible to build ships...

AntiVitalDarknes
Mortal
posted 23 November 2003 04:03 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
i think reaper is right... ships normally don't even approach ice... having them sink while on ice would be most anti-realistic
Caewil
Mortal
posted 23 November 2003 06:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Sorry, frost doesn't kill ships anymore. Damn, ES must have fixed it in a patch.

BTW Reaper, have you tested my scenario yet?

DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 23 November 2003 06:45 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Wich one ??

El Moppo
Mortal
(id: C J)
posted 23 November 2003 10:51 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
Use triggers to cast frost on the ship, then use more triggers to rapidly deplete the ship's health until dead.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 23 November 2003 12:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
OMG, READ, I said you can use ice sheet, but if the ships aren't dead, we can use the GP

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames