You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » This just occured to me...pretty pointless however.
Bottom
Topic Subject:This just occured to me...pretty pointless however.
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 24 November 2003 02:18 PM EDT (US)         
Yes well I was thinking about publishers and how they handle the games and stuff. They publish it, obviously, but they also create the box art, manage the advertising and basicly round off the project. So, I thought about what would happen if we had publishers that "published" the scenarios that our designed here. They can tell the creator if the scen/campaing or whatevr is good or not and if they do like it and decide to publish (which is a good thing ) they manage the advertising (create the threads in a number of diffrent AoM fourms), design bitmaps for it etc. It would basicly give the creator a load off their mind. Is this a good idea or is it just crap and pointless ?

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

AuthorReplies:
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 24 November 2003 02:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
It's not pointless at all!!

>That way we can keep off all the tons of scen's that aren't really nice 2 play(I'll keep it nice)

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 24 November 2003 04:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Hmmm...but it would really destroy the persons confidence if publishers rejected it...and then they would just release it anyway...

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

Byz
Mortal
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
posted 24 November 2003 05:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Well, I like the idea if a publisher looked at my map. I think if they'd reject it, as long as they give good, vlaid reasons, then it'd be great. It's like not listening to a doctor if you realese it anyway, so long as the publisher is a well respected and professional.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
Mojo14
Mortal
posted 24 November 2003 06:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Ya, not like cheezy.

/-Mojo14-\
You go to the editor
But you neva design nuttin'
You been designing a long time
And you ain't got nuttin'
CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 24 November 2003 06:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Releasing a map through a scenario design team is like publishing it, in a way. You get a webpage for it where people can download, places to show screenshots, list features, a project picuture, and you get it advertized in forums like these.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 25 November 2003 11:14 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
OK, but if we do, we can set up a sticky post(if Cheezy accepts) where you see the e-mail of the(or more) Tester(s) who know a lot about designing, they can give suggestions and tips how they can make it better, they will do this at a kind way not like: MAN YOUR SCENARIO SUCKS GET LOST STOP DESIGN BLAH BLAH... that's not really nice to hear when you are trying to design

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by DMK_ReaperX (edited 11-25-2003 @ 11:15 AM).]

Argalius
Mortal
posted 25 November 2003 01:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
I go for the sticky topic!

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 25 November 2003 02:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       

Quote:

Releasing a map through a scenario design team is like publishing it, in a way. You get a webpage for it where people can download, places to show screenshots, list features, a project picuture, and you get it advertized in forums like these.

Still...I may...venture into publishing...

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

redwolfalex
Mortal
posted 25 November 2003 05:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Sounds like a super idea

^Redwolf^
Don't sit there and take it! They built it we can break it!-AF
Voted The AOMH favorite newbie '03(first semester)
Member of the Phantom Warrior clan
Proud Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
\...\Skate and Destroy/.../
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 07:43 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Yes, what do you think Cheezy ??

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 01:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       

Quote:

where you see the e-mail of the(or more) Tester(s) who know a lot about designing, they can give suggestions and tips how they can make it better, they will do this at a kind way not like: MAN YOUR SCENARIO SUCKS GET LOST STOP DESIGN BLAH BLAH...

I prefer not. First, we have limited people who are experienced with the editor,
second, they don't have that kind of time to playtest so many scn, they have their own projects to do.
Third, such public playtesting can easily set up a prejudice for or against the scn. IMO it is best done with PM, instant msg, or email.
mistacheese
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 08:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
How about we either release our scenario normaly or through a design team? Who wants to waste time advertising for someone else's scenario and not get paid for it?

IT SHALL DIE!
*Lightning Thunder*

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames