You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Can i post an scenario which is more than 8 Megabytes?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Can i post an scenario which is more than 8 Megabytes?
Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 25 November 2003 11:49 PM EDT (US)         
I have been trying to post Hyrule 1.4 which 11 Megabytes. however, while trying to sumit a file, i get an error. and it says "Unknown Error. An email has been sent to alert us of the problem." is it because the file is too big? Before submiting a file it says that "If you wish to submit a file that is larger than that(8 Megabytes), please contact Angel Spineman." and i already sended him an email about my scenario of 11 Megabytes. when is he going to answer me? I sended him the e mail about 2 days ago? I wish he could answer me sooner.
AuthorReplies:
Athen
Mortal
posted 25 November 2003 11:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
You have to Winzip it.

Top 15 RAF Ladder: [RoR]Acamas
"Macs are the computing equivalent of a dumb blond. " - Silk
Formally known as Acamas, Acamas_Samaca and Hero_Acamas
If you are interested in the [RoR] clan visit our website
SasquatchHunter
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 00:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I don't think e-mails can handle attachments that big. eg Hotmail can only take 1.024 mb
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 01:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Posting a file that big will not be a very good idea, since it would take people a long time to download (even with cable modemn, it would be quite long). And as the result, less people would be willing to download it.

I would recommend that you reduce the size by trimming/compressing large files (100K+).

The most common type of file that is often not compressed, yet it unnecessarily take up lots of space, is the sound file. (.WAV, .mp3)

A .wav sound file that is about 10mb can be converted to .mp3 format to reduce its size to under 1mb... taking away a huge, unnecessary 9mb! (That is approximately 90%)

Even with .mp3 files, properly compressing one can reduce around 60% of its original size or more.

DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 07:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Do this: Host a site, make a download for the site where the file is on, give the mirror link to AOMH, and they can put the link for the download...

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
Eye of Iperion
Banned
posted 26 November 2003 10:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Try with WinRar
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 10:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
No, most people don't have winrar

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 27 November 2003 01:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
The scenario that i'm trying to post is hyrule 1.4 the problem is that it includes about 3 songs that are heavy as hell! thats why my scenario is so heavy. so i just thought of lowering the quality of the songs. and Athen, of course the scenario is already the win zip it.
King Jared
Mortal
posted 28 November 2003 01:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I think Angel Spineman gets a lot of e-mail, auron 2, so he may have simply deleted yours. I mean, he gets the big submissions from all of the HeavenGames site... at least I think so. He might have simply deleted or not been able to reply to your message.

What they mean is to attach the file to the e-mail, state in the message what you're submitting and all the information you would give if you had submitted it through the normal route, like your name, the number of scenarios, the game, the description, and whatnot, Angel Spineman will look over it, and eventually post it.

And if your music is large, just convert it to a lower kbps. Or you can exclude it from the upload, zip it separately, and make it available on a free webpage like Geocities. I suggest the latter, because HeavenGames sometimes denies posting of a campaign if it contains large samples of copyrighted music.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-28-2003 @ 01:41 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames