You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » My map takes AGES to transfer!
Bottom
Topic Subject:My map takes AGES to transfer!
x_Sirius_Black_x
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 08:23 AM EDT (US)         
I made a map...you can see it here.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/508507/screen4.jpg

Although it might be a bit hard to see properly, its moderatly sized, not REALLY big but not to small. It doesnt have any triggers except music (no custom music) but it takes AGES to transfer (its for playing online).

Any reasons as to why this is happening? I doubt its simply a large map because Ive had ones that seems bigger transfer quicker. If it is, what can I do to optimize it?

AuthorReplies:
SesameSticks
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 09:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Open the .scn/x file and see how big it is. Right now those trees look a bit suspect, it might be them.
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 09:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Cheezy said that in earlier thread, all those smoothy hills and stuff are all taking very much KB, look in World Map, that's all rough and abstract cuz that's the way it takes less KB/MB

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 26 November 2003 07:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
It's all the elevation/trees. I wouldn't be surprised if your map is over 1 MB

try flattening elevation in places where the player doesn't see any elevation, or in places where it won't be noticed.

Or you could get a T1 connection so you can upload at 100KB/s :P

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
Eye of Iperion
Banned
posted 28 November 2003 07:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Ah, now i have understanded how Cheezy made the V3X map so little in terms of file size!
But, for me, i liked a bigger and detailed map with more triggers and with bigger file size, i have a fast connection!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames