You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Question with Reyk's Editor for Titans
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question with Reyk's Editor for Titans
General_Veers_5
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 07:18 PM EDT (US)         
I have recently downloaded Reyk's new editor for the titans. I checked it out and wanted to use the new trigger
Change Name by Name . I was assuming this trigger would change the name of every unit of the name I specified including ones not placed in the editor. I was hoping it to do this because all Ulfsarks created by a player would be called Orcs...not just the ones I placed in the scenario at the beggining and change with Change unit name trigger.

When I tried it out no names were changed at all. What am I doing wrong?

AuthorReplies:
ajcan
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 08:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
You got the whole concept of the trigger wrong, good guess though What it really does is this. Have you ever noticed when you use the unit create effect there is a "name" area you can write something in. Well thats not the name of the unit, that is a "in game" name that no one sees but the game remembers. So if you create a villager with the unit create trigger and write in "vill" in the "name" area of the unit create trigger, then that unit now has a name assigned to it for future trigger use. That way with the "change unit name by name" if you write in "vill" for the unit then it will change the unit you made earlier on in the scenario. This is very useful because you can do things to units like change their name that havent been put in the scenario yet. There is also stuff like "move by name" so you can move a unit that hasent been made yet. If you dont understand what I'm sayin just say so and I will try to explain better.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames