Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Weird Issue
Bottom
Topic Subject:Weird Issue
Cavuy
Mortal
(id: jonathan1222)
posted 26 November 2003 08:11 PM EDT (US)         
Well, most( i think) know that i am making a Capture The Flag scenario(CTF) for the titans. But there is one problem, when i get a huskarl next to the opponents flag it will turn into a Flag Bearer like i wanted it to. However i can't get it to move! Heres what i did.

Trigger one: Active, Run Immediatly, Loop
Condition:Units in area, center unit player 2 flag, distance 4 (<=) Type: Unit Count:1

Effect: Convert Units in area of player 2 flag, 4 distance, from player 1 to 1 from type: unit to Flag Bearer
Effect:Fire Event: Trigger 2

TRigger 2:
Condition: Always
Effect: Disable trigger 1

Effect: Fire Event: Trigger 3

Trigger 3
Condition: Units in area, distance 4, centered unit player 1 flag, player 1 Embellishment(Flag Bearer is Embellishment)
Effect: Player 1 wins

What did i do wrong?

Thanks in advance

Cavuy (formerly jonathan1222) | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 11-26-2003 @ 08:19 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 08:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
For the condition in your trigger 3, the unit type is technically the proto unit (i.e. Folstag Flag Bearer).

Therefore, you must type in the actual proto name of that unit, not its unit category (i.e. Embellishment) .

Cavuy
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 08:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
One problem at a time.

My current problem is i can't move the Flag Bearer, the huskarl can convert to a flag bearer it just doesn't move

FireStone16
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 08:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
this is going to be a stupid suggestion but.

why dont you just change the flag bearer to a piece of osiris cart and increase the cart's speed and los to match that of a flagbearer?

EDIT: If you take this stupid suggestion, you will probally have to change the name to Capture the Cart or another stupid name..

i should really stop using stupid....

[This message has been edited by FireStone16 (edited 11-26-2003 @ 09:00 PM).]

ajcan
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 09:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Sometimes things go wrong in the editor for no reason. Yup, no reason at all. Just delete all those triggers and do them over again...that COULD fix it, it could be something else though. One suggestion though. Run immediatly is for use in the very beggining of a game ie. researching techs for your scenario. Running something immediatly that dosent fire right when the game starts is pointless and just makes the triggers slow down. If you are trying to get triggers to fire faster regulary use the priority bar, moving it to high, there wont be delays in your triggers.
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 09:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Hmmm trigger 2 doesn't seem to do anything, so you can just fire to trigger3

if the unit doesn't move, the first things to check: if it's stuck, if other units move or not, if it's under your command.

Cavuy
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 10:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
its not stuck all that is near the flag is rock sprites and flowers. THe other units can move and its under my control because when i try to move it it just shows the red arrows pointing to the point where the movetopoint flag is.

Firing triger 3 just ruins it all and makes it simple and easy with less stratigie.

All try redoing the triggers

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 26 November 2003 10:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
disable trigger efect may be malfunctioning. uncheck the loop for trigger1, test.

This is my understanding of what the triggers should look like, but i don't know what exactly you want so:

trigger1
not loop, active
condition
*unit near flag
effect
*fire 2
*fire 3
*unit change to flag bearer

trigger2
condition
*bearer dead
effect
fire 1

trigger3
condition
*unit near home flag
effect
*win

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 11-26-2003 @ 10:55 PM).]

PseudoWalrus
Mortal
posted 27 November 2003 00:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Looping a trigger that changes unit types can also mess with the units' movement. If you need it to loop, add a 5 second timer condition as well, that may fix it. Think of it this way, since it is looping, and there is no timer, the trigger will continuously change the unit type to Flag Bearer. Whenever a unit's type is changed, it also deletes all current movement commands for the unit.

Test it out! In the unlikely case that I am wrong, this will tell whether I am or not.

1. Place a huskarl (your team) and an enemy far away (so the map won't end immediately) on a blank map.

2. Add the following triggers:

Trigger 1:
Active [X]
Run Immediately [X]
Effect: Move to Point (the huskarl to other side of map, maybe even to the enemy unit)

Trigger 2:
Active [X]
Loop [X]
Effect: Change unit type (Huskarl to Folstag Flag Bearer)

3. Load the scenario and watch. You would expect the huskarl to start walking, then immediately change to a flag bearer and keep going, but he doesn't. He should stop, and will not accept any more movement commands after he is changed to a flag bearer for the first time.

4. Add another Condition: Timer: 10 to Trigger 2

5. Load the map and try again. He should move... atleast until the triggers change his unit type for the first time.

Hope this helps

Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 27 November 2003 03:21 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quoted from jonathan1222:

My current problem is i can't move the Flag Bearer, the huskarl can convert to a flag bearer it just doesn't move

battlestar and PseudoWalrus is right. The Flag Bearer can't move because Trigger one is converting the Flag Bearer into itself nonstop with the looping .

Looping triggers in AoM cannot be disabled when they are firing.

You only need Trigger One to correct this error, but you would have to create a "disable-self" condition and effect.

. . ..

TRIGGER One (Active, Loop, Run Immediately)

Condition: Units in Area

Center unit: Player2 flag
Player: . . .. player1
Unit Type: . Unit
Radius: . . .. <=4
Count: . . .. 1

Condition *: Units in Area

Center unit: Player2 flag . . (the same flag from condition A)
Player: . . .. player2
Unit Type: . Flag
Radius: . . .. <=4
Count: . . .. 1

Effect: Change Units in Area

From Player: player1 to player1
From Type: .Huskarl to Flag Bearer

Effect *: Destroy

Unit: Player2 flag . . (the Center Unit from condition A & B)

. . ..
* These are the "disable-self" Condition and Effect. The Effect disables the Condition, and ends up stopping the looping trigger from firing

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames