Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » KoTM: War of the Crowns
Bottom
Topic Subject:KoTM: War of the Crowns
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 29 November 2003 09:58 AM EDT (US)         
KoTM: War of the Crowns

The War of the Crowns is the third and final installment in the successful King of the Mountain Trilogy. Its previous installments, Heroes of Avalon and The Mists of Lothrendell, have both been spotlighted and recieved high ratings.

Story:

The War of the Crowns is the final installment in the very successful king of the mountain trilogy (both parts were spotlighted, and one has recieved a 4.5 rating, while the other remains to be reviewed).

With Thorin's help, Lothrendell was able to escape the wrath of Smaugh. But the war isn't over yet! The dwarves have been attacked as well, and they're blaming men for it. As Smaugh prepares to destroy the armies of men, Thorin must race against time to make peace between the dwarves and men; and continue his quest to kill the evil dragon smaugh.

Thus begins the War of the Crowns: The Crown of the Dwarves, held by King Uri, the Crown of Men, held by King Cato, and the crown of the Mountain, held by the dark dragon Smaugh.

This is Thorin's final chance to defeat Smaugh forever: and restore a lasting peace between his race and that of men.

Prepare for the finale to the greatest adventure ever told...

Features:

- A Huge 512 X 512 map with eye-candy (guaranteed!) from the very begining to the very end.

- Mind-Bending AoE type puzzles: guaranteed to bust your mind!

- Epic battle scenes displayed so well without massive troop numbers (aka lag).

- Non-stop RTS action. (Note, this is not an RPG. Don't expect to get into town and chat and find the missing sword).

- An interesting story-line and a wonderful finish to the trilogy.

I've been working on this even before I released the Mists of Lothrendell. It should be done very soon, either friday this week or next week!

(BTW, play the other two parts and rate 'em for me)

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 11-30-2003 @ 10:28 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
DMK_ReaperX
Mortal
posted 29 November 2003 10:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I must say, I found part I much ebtter than part II
There were a lot of bugs, and the beginning with the 2 llamas was 2 hard, there were 2 many units, also that thingy on the boat wasn't that pretty, but the story was cool and also the gameplay...

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
Spartin_270
Mortal
posted 29 November 2003 11:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
good work on both scenarios but the first part was realy hard

I am a Spartin I am bred for War
without my maps I have no expression
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 29 November 2003 11:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
This part will be the best, I assure you. I've learned alot by releasing these two scns: now all I have to do is implement my knowledge and create something great.
Peredhil
Mortal
posted 29 November 2003 04:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
In The Mists of Lothrendell there are too many enemies in the forest IMHO. I toyed with the idea of deleting some of them in the editor but on my final try I succeded.
And for some reason Valkerie and Redbeard have 35 and 55 attack, but Thorin remains unchanged at 10. He has a whack of HP but it breaks the continuity somewhat.

Peredhil
Arguments are to be avoided;
they are always vulgar and often convincing - Oscar Wilde
phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 29 November 2003 06:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
They were both well thought out and executed, though this recent one seemed a bit rushed. I'm sure this next one will be good though (Don't go Matrix trilogy on us though, i.e. 1st great, 2nd lacking, 3rd terrible)
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 30 November 2003 10:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       

Quote:

Don't go Matrix trilogy on us though, i.e. 1st great, 2nd lacking, 3rd terrible

Haha no way lol!

Don't worry, I'm working my butt off on this one. Infact, I'll be posting screenies soon!

With this one, you'll get into the story more. The first two parts had a story but it was more like running through zones and killing different bosses.

In this one, every boss, every unit you kill has a meaning behind it. And don't forget, its your chance to kill smaugh atlast.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames