You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Thoughts over campaign making.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Thoughts over campaign making.
White Tiger
Mortal
posted 01 February 2004 03:34 AM EDT (US)         
All right. I managed to build a campaign by editing the existing cpn files in the data folder.Does anyone know if I can make the scenarios which the campaign is made of not appear in the Load Scenario menu? I want only the name of my campaign.Thanks for reading!
AuthorReplies:
oddy
Mortal
posted 01 February 2004 07:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
include unlisted = "" in that <Scenario>-tag.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
White Tiger
Mortal
posted 01 February 2004 08:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I wrote like this:

<Scenario dispName = "Scenario1"unlisted = "" filename = "first.scx"BackgroundSet = "Atlantis">description1</Scenario>

It doesn't work.Now even the campaign name won't appear.
What did I do wrong? Do I have to put the scx files to another folder instead of the default?

[This message has been edited by White Tiger (edited 02-01-2004 @ 08:40 AM).]

oddy
Mortal
posted 01 February 2004 11:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Did the campaign appear before? Maybe it won't appear without playable scenario's... otherwise, check syntax and the <campaign>tag.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Matei
Mortal
posted 01 February 2004 12:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Don't use unlisted, this makes them not be listed in the campaign menu (for example if you want a cinematic that just plays and isn't listed in the list). I don't think there's any way to do this, the reason the scenarios from the standard campaign aren't listed is because they're in a .bar (archive) file and the game knows to look for them there.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
startrekman1of9
Mortal
posted 02 February 2004 12:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
If you don't want your Campaign scenario's to show up in the Load Scenario directory than first of all you will need to put the individual campaign scenario's in their own folder.

So your scenario's would be put in a folder under the "scenario" folder such as "scenario\my_campaign_name".
Then you put all your scenario's for that Campaign in that folder and they will not show up in the Load Scenario Menu.

Now in your CPN file where the name of each scenario is listed your filename statement will be like this:

filename="my_campaign_name\firstone.scn" and so on.

Note: You do not need to put "scenario" before all that because AOM knows to look in that directory.

I hope this helps.

Live Long And Prosper!!
The Adventure Continues!!

[This message has been edited by startrekman1of9 (edited 02-02-2004 @ 12:12 PM).]

White Tiger
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 02:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Doesn't seem to work also.Well.. I think I have to live with this.
startrekman1of9
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 11:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Are you using AOM Vanilla or AOMTT? Also are you using WinXP or Win9X or Win Me?

What I said above always works for me as I stated so it just may be where you are putting the files or syntax in the cpn file.

Live Long And Prosper!!
King Jared
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 11:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Well, for my campaign, I put the scenarios into a separate folder called "lsa", within the "scenario" folder. Then, when I go to the load scenario option, I can't open them. That's a good thing, as far as I'm concerned... prevents people from skipping scenarios so easily.

But you have to make sure and include the folder path in each scenario filename section of the campaign file.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
White Tiger
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 01:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
to startrekman1of9:

I use AOMTT and WinXP;Why?

startrekman1of9
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 05:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
White Tiger
Since you are on AOMTT then when you save your scenario it is saved with a scx extension but come to think of it that would make no difference because AOMTT will look for it anyway even it was a scn extension, so just forget I asked. Sorry

King Jared and I do ours the same way so make sure and include the folder path in each scenario filename section of the campaign file as we both have stated before.

It is probably just a syntax problem in your cpn file so just check through it carefully.

Oh by the way King Jared I think that you can use the cheat codes in a campaign to advance to the next scenario so the only way is to stop people from using the cheat codes in the scenario's and I think there is a trigger for that in the Editor.

Live Long And Prosper!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames