You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Disabling Pausing in a Scenario
Bottom
Topic Subject:Disabling Pausing in a Scenario
Slogo
Mortal
posted 02 February 2004 05:45 PM EDT (US)         
I was curious if there was a way to disable pausing in a Scenario. In my scenario I don't want to let players pause. I tried creating an always active, looping, high priority trigger with the effect pause and clicked off in the on/off button but a player can still pause the game =/.

Also an unrelated question is it possible to perform algebra on a QuestVar and StatValue (for example QV1 + Units Killed = QV1). I'm looking to do this inside the editor (I have a good idea how to perform it outside of the editor but don't want to) and preferably without downloading any tools (or at least gimmie the link to the tools =P).

AuthorReplies:
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 02 February 2004 10:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
No, can't

yes, you need to use XS coding for this.

Slogo
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 01:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
What about scripting it? I know that for online play you can restrict number of pauses. Would it be possible to script something like that into the scenario.

Failing disabling pausing is there a way to even detect pausing so I know when it happens and make changes accordingly.

Matei
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 08:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
I don't think there's any way to disable pausing. Pausing is something external to the whole game, basically it's as if time freezes when you pause. It should have no effect a all on triggers really, I think even sounds played with triggers get paused when you pause the game. If this is a SP scenario and you don't want people to pause the best thing is to say this in your ReadMe file.

It is possible to use Stat Value and other similar things in Quest Vars without doing anything outside the editor. Basically whatever you type in the box for the quest var triggers is pasted exactly like that in the XS script for your scenario. So Look in trigger.xml for the name of the stat value function and just put it in there (I think it's something like trGetStatValue(playerNumber, statNumber) - in any case if you do a forum search you'll probably find it).

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.

[This message has been edited by Matei (edited 02-03-2004 @ 08:04 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames