Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Circe stats
Bottom
Topic Subject:Circe stats
GamingGlen
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 06:06 PM EDT (US)         
I've tried to reduce her attack to no avail, including the number shown (100) and the amount of damage she does ('Ranged Bonus v. Myth' is what I tested versus a Minotaur). Are they fixed? Hmm, maybe I should try -1000 instead of -90.

As an aside, I'm looking for a unit to represent a male wizard for an RPG I'm planning. Any suggestions? Setna could work, except he regens and heals and doesn't have the 'hero glow' about him. He works great for a cleric (minus the glow).

Glen
aka Glensses on ESO
AuthorReplies:
Shrapnel
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 06:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
glow?!?!?
anyway, try reducing ur crush attack since thats whats shown on the interface. also, reduce the hack too, i don' know of circe does pierce, but i think she does.
lower all attack attributes and play-test again.

Sane and the Second Army's Coming
- An Upcoming AoE3 Scenario
- 1% Complete
GreenMyth
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 08:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       

Quote:

Male wizard

I have been looking for one too, andSon of Osiris has worked best for me....however somewhere on this site you can download a new unit someone mad, and it looks awesome (and it is a wizard)

I like to make scenarios! I know triggers very well and I am making one called Bones of Boushlee. Its about a soldier named Boushlee who is respected, until he gets framed and is then disrespected and constantly attacked. He goes insane, and gets killed. He comes back from the grave and vows that those who killed him will sleep in Tartarus.
GamingGlen
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 08:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Almost all heroes have this golden glow about them, including the Priest hero. Setna does not. I cannot recall if Kemsyt does, but I have not figured out how to use a "thief" in the game yet (that seems to be the role for him).

Thanks for the suggestions on Circe, I'll go try them out. Something I had forgotten about is the info page when you click on the picture at the bottom so I'll use that; she has 100 damage to Crush, Hack, and Pierce. Btw, can you change these info pages without effecting the normal game?

Son of Osiris? Chicken Head? Naw.

Glen
aka Glensses on ESO

[This message has been edited by GamingGlen (edited 02-03-2004 @ 08:17 PM).]

PseudoWalrus
Mortal
posted 03 February 2004 09:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
You can't change the attacks of units that use lightning. In Vachu's Unit Editor (a glorified Modify Protounit Trigger application), units that use lightning have a special damage type. Hack Lightning, Pierce Lightning, and Crush Lightning, or something to that effect; because Modify Protounit cannot edit those variables, you can't change the attacks. Editing Ranged Attack Hack/C/P won't do anything.
Lord_Elibiel
Mortal
posted 04 February 2004 03:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
You want a male wizard? Download "waveslave610" s Discanimero unit... it's really cool! Or do some anim editing....

ESO Screen name:Seth_Midster
ESOX Screen name: :Vigilante_Elibiel
Favourite gods (from each civ and in order of choice): Isis, Kronos, Loki, Zeus.
AG99
Mortal
posted 04 February 2004 04:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I find that a priest is the best unit to use for a male wizard. It has a staff, and a hero glow. Its face is covered in the standard view, so you do not need to worry about facial features.

Priest attack is done by range, so it is suitable for a 'wizard' character's attack.

Priests are also very easy to modify using modify protounit triggers.

Only disadvantage is that it heals, and the set animation effect cannot be used on it.

Well that's my suggestion...

Hmm?
SorcerorOfErebus
Mortal
posted 05 February 2004 04:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
i would use either son of osiris
or osiris himself if don't want that i would go with a priest or even a pharaoh
um i don't no
oh make it a circe then say he had a sex change
BYRNZIE
Mortal
posted 05 February 2004 04:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
i think cicre does hack and crush damage, not sure going off memory maybe you could try redducing both of them.

if(1 != 0)
{
cout << "Age of Empires Rules" << endl;
}
PseudoWalrus
Mortal
posted 05 February 2004 08:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
See my post above... Won't work...
GamingGlen
Mortal
posted 06 February 2004 02:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
They'll just have to live with that lightning bolt as is. I did lower her armor and shield to 9%, not bad for a "starting character". She'll have other spells that will excite them as well. I just have to make the other characters have "amazing" abilities, also. For example, if you play the Achilles hero type you can type "gallop" in a chat and get a +6 to your speed for 20 seconds. I haven't decided yet if I want to make it have a -3 speed for the next 2 minutes after the 20 seconds are up (one tired horse); right now you cannot do it again for 2 minutes, but the speed loss is one way to know when that time is up.

Glen
aka Glensses on ESO
PseudoWalrus
Mortal
posted 06 February 2004 03:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
You could have a Counter on the right hand side of the screen counting down until the ability is usable again.
GamingGlen
Mortal
posted 06 February 2004 08:55 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Yes, I could. But with the potential of 4 human players having several abilities going off at once that side might get a little cramped with counters. I'll leave it for spells, the others will have to just watch their character's activities. The info page also shows changes so they can check that to be sure. Another example: Barbarian character can go "berserk", increasing attack, decreasing armor & shield, and takes some hit point damage (he has to be fully healed to do it..a way to have a counter and reliance on a healer in the group).

Glen
aka Glensses on ESO
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames