You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » I really need help!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I really need help!!!
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 09:45 AM EDT (US)         
Ok... I downloaded "AOM Edit v0.6b" by: Ykkrosh, on this page... http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/mod_resources

AND its totlly scruwing up my game play!!! Please if any one out there knows how to get rid of it... You'll be seeing Hit_Man_ on alot more !!!!

AuthorReplies:
HL_Reaper
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 09:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
Well, by only downloading it you can't screw up the game...
What did you do with it ?
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 10:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
well... it was ment for the oldder one and it didn't have the titan... so now i CANT make titan and if im kronoes or the other titans I cant see my god powers... it sux
HL_Reaper
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 10:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
WHAT did you do once you had aomed ?
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 01 March 2004 01:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
I'm pretty sure it wasn't AoMED, since I use it with the Titans without problems. Therefore, I presume some other mods cause this unsatisfying situation.

Regardless of that, make sure to reinstall the game, once you have deinstalled it and deleted all game folders.

hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 08:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
STILL!!! I really want to get rid of it!! Please
Matei
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 10:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
Where did you download it to? First read its ReadMe file, it will tell you how to uninstall it. If it doesn't, just delete it, I think that should do the trick.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 01 March 2004 11:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
nope... no read me and i alreally tryed just deleteing it no luck...
reyk
Mortal
posted 02 March 2004 05:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
What is the problem actually? Did you convert any files with AoMed 0.6 B (instead A) and these are functioned now no more?
Note: B is only for converting terrain.ddts, all other files must be converted with A!
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 02 March 2004 09:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
I saved it to i my desktop... I installed it... I checked it out... I didn't like it... I deelete it... it did not go away... so i lived with it... untill i went online ans saw that i could not make titans... And i also could not see my god powers...

So in a way I cant play my favotit game again... =(

reyk
Mortal
posted 02 March 2004 01:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
That all does not have to do anything with AoMed. Since AoMED does not have to be installed, it is sufficient to delete the AoMED.exe.
We will You see GodPowers? Do Titans not work?
You must express Your problem more precisely.
But AoMED is not the reason.
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 02 March 2004 07:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
It is!!! that thing was made for the oldder Aom not the titans so it does not should the titans botten on the top and it does not should your powers rechaging...
reyk
Mortal
posted 03 March 2004 05:53 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
The only thing that AoMed cannot do with TT is extracting scx files correctly. All the other things did not change from AoM to TT.
I do not understand yet your problem. You must have worked on a file with AoMED, before he can change something. The bare presence does not disturb
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 03 March 2004 08:11 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
Stop pretending AoMED is the problem, it isn't... Otherwise one won't be able to find a satisfying solution for you.
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 04 March 2004 10:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
so no one can help me...
CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 04 March 2004 10:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
You installed something else or modded something, the proto.xml file probably, AoMed doesn't change any files, it doesn't edit unit data so it can't have done that, so AoMed isn't the problem.

You downloaded a unit mod and didn't tell us, thus making it impossible for anyone that doesn't know how AOM works inside-out to know what you did

Go to the data folder of AoM and delete proto.xml or proto.xmb, or both if you have both in there.

That'll fix your problem.

If not, you can go on the CD for the titans and find the datax.bar, extract it with AoMedit or another bar extractor and take the proto.xml file from there and put it in your data directory.

If that doesn't work, then too bad, your probably did something else but since you don't know what just reinstall AoM.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy (edited 03-04-2004 @ 10:59 PM).]

Basher
Mortal
posted 06 March 2004 03:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
OKay, here's the deal... I've had the same problem without editing my proto.xml OR downloading AomEd. So, how did I solve it?? I had to uninstall both vanilla aom and TT, then when I had reinstalled it it worked. Never figured out what the problem was though.
Mash_Kig_Sima
Mortal
posted 06 March 2004 03:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
Maybe u should find and ask Ykkrosh (guy who made it)
maybe he might know beside he one who made AOM Edit v0.6b.

Magic can beat Tech even now and forward.
hydra_rox
Mortal
posted 13 March 2004 04:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
Ok i fund the real thing it's...
AOM Edit v0.6b
http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/mod_resources\
PLEASE HELP
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames