You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign: The Roman-Egyptian Campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign: The Roman-Egyptian Campaign
RAVEN TEAM 1
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 04:41 PM EDT (US)         
This is really my first campaign and all, so whoever can help me with:

How do I make a campaign? I've tried everything here on AoMHG, but it won't work?

How do I use music? It won't play when I playtest?

Is there a way to modify the Dialogs?

Anyway, the storyline is during the rise of the Roman Empire, Egypt, in a state of fear, tries to offer peace. But the power mad Senators(5 Theocrats) wish not to have it. The Roman Colonel, Hetaroi( unit name is the unit),is placed as General to defeat the Egyptians. But there is more to the bloodshed and defeats than seems as the Egyptians try to unleash the wrath of Anubis and his Anubites upon the world.

However, Horus wishes to prove himself to Ra by using his own army of Avengers to defeat the Romans.Also, Poseidon(Neptune), wishing to redeem himself to Zeus(Jupiter), after the incident with Atlantis, and several beatings from (God)Arkantos, uses what remains of the armies of his worshipers to defeat Egypt.( You will follow the exploits of Poseidon and Horus)

*-Main Character

Cast:
Hetaroi*-himself
Senators-Theocrat
Rameses*-Pharoah
Anubis-Guardian
Horus*-Son of Osiris
Neptune(Poseidon)*-Living Poseidon Statue

Anyway: You get the point, If it sounds a bit crazty, fell free to criticize or, if you have suggestions to the story, post it here.

PS(Don't expect t to be too good, I am still saving to buy AOM:TT X-Pack

AuthorReplies:
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 09 May 2004 05:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
1. Only announce a project when it's at least 80% done.
2. Don't ask questions in an announcement.
3. Include screenshots.
4. Don't say it's your first project and it won't be that good.

Edit:
5. Imagine a creative name for your project .

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 05-09-2004 @ 05:11 PM).]

Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 06:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Oh well... use the avenger instead of SoO as Horus...

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

tbarak
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 08:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Get thyself to the FAQ, Design Library and past posts young man, and once you have the Titans re-try what you are doing.

1. You have to write a campaign file which is a fairly simple thing but it requires multiple steps which are already explained in the FAQ, Design Library and past posts. I would suggest searching past posts as there have been quite a few good discussions on this topic can you can read up on.

2. FAQ, Design Library and past posts. Hint- make sure your music files are in mp3 format and when you go to stick in the music file name, don't double click on it, click it once and then click "open".

3.FAQ, Design Library and past posts. This requires the "play dialogue" effect and you fill in the sub-title box. Hint- Be wary of inputting certain characters into this field as illegal ones will erase triggers.

Besides the resources I mentioned, you can also DL scenarios and campaigns, open them in the editor, and look at how people create their triggers.

[This message has been edited by tbarak (edited 05-09-2004 @ 08:35 PM).]

RAVEN TEAM 1
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 06:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
What part of tried everything here on AoM Heaven Games don't you get!!!!!! I've downloaded the cpneditors, I've tried .xml but nothing works!! What part of that don't you get!!!!
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 10 May 2004 07:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I don't get the "You haven't used the search feature on the bottom of these forums, have you?" part.

tbarak
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 05:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
See this link for a fairly detailed description about making campaign files. Give that a try Raven. If you're still having problems, post again and I will try to help.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,19265,0,10

[This message has been edited by tbarak (edited 05-11-2004 @ 05:01 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames