Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Cinemtic help
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cinemtic help
Lore of Gaia
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 05:40 PM EDT (US)         
I read the Basic and advanced cinematics in the Design library. But how do you blend cinematic with the main game. I'm working on where a city general is talking to its leader, then walks from the palace to the city plaza to his troops. How do I automatically get it to go from the cut scene to the game. AoM campaigns do this a lot.

Another thing, when you send chats through triggers, how can you change it from saying the the army name to the individuals name before their speech. Like in the first titans campaign scenario - It says "Kastor: blah blah" instead of "Atlantis: Kastor: blah blah". Atlantis being the name that you are under. How do you get rid of the Atlantis: part in the chat.

AuthorReplies:
iamupsetnow
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Well for the first part i think what your are talking about it to use triggers to start the track and put on cinimatic mode (also in triggers effects) and then, say your cinimatic is 10 secs long put in another trigger con:timmer 10 effect: cinimatic mode off. it should then go to the game. And always try to end your cinimatics at the normal veiw so the players don't have to use "-" or "+" to go to normal veiwing mode when playing. and the second part i have no clue. anyonw know? i would like u know the answer too.
shminkledorf
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 07:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
For the seconds one, instead of Send Chat, try Send Spoofed Chat, then put what character you want in front of the dialog.

Wanna hear someone smart talking? Well, you're at the wronger poster...
tbarak
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 01:02 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Yeah, iamupset got it right, trigger effect cinematic mode "off" takes the view back to the default user interface. You can either directly cut to the default view using a camera cut effect, or you can also do a tracking shot- which is a smooth transition from your last shot into the default view. The later looks nicer but is a bit more work.

Careful with your jargon. I think you are referring to the subtitles where in the cinematic letterbox captions appear? If you type in "Kastor: Blah, blah blah" (without the quotations), in the subititle in the play dialogue trigger, the word Kastor will appear in yellow with the blah, blah, blah beneath it in white. Is that what you mean? With each play dialogue trigger I like to have a trigger off effect where I type in just ":" (without the quotations).

[This message has been edited by tbarak (edited 05-12-2004 @ 01:04 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames