You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Invisable to Editor Scenarios
Bottom
Topic Subject:Invisable to Editor Scenarios
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
TitanHeart
Banned
posted 29 August 2004 07:22 PM EDT (US)         
Hi.

Ensemble studios have their campaign, all the scenarios are there, but when you look into the editor, you cant see their scenarios.

How do they make them invisible to the editor?

Thanks in advance, TitanHeart.

AuthorReplies:
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 01 September 2004 03:19 PM EDT (US)     26 / 31       

Quoted from Dnas:

But another problem you'll have is, the bar files have this freaky default.txt index file that's a bit freaky.

It's very easy. Just take an existing *.BAR default.txt, and modify the number of files and the filenames, you can even include subfolders. Then you can easily create pretty archives with AoMED (which work).

Ykkrosh, glad to see you here!! Thanks for AoMED, that allowed a modding community and work to emerge! Many thanks! Apart from that, you might be the only one who could really help us IMO. I already contacted the supertr00pers, but they don't answer. Ykkrosh, can't you make a program that advices or modifies the exe to load new archives? These other numbers might be some sort of encoding... Or so, I'm just guessing. At least I've easily created superb *.BAR archives with 'old' numbers (from other *.BARs).

Quoted from Ykkrosh:

00101F50 isn't referenced anywhere else

Maybe it's one of those numbers?

PS: Please stay in contact, Ykkrosh!

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 09-01-2004 @ 03:20 PM).]

oddy
Mortal
posted 01 September 2004 03:24 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31       
Could someone refresh me: why are we attempting to make AoM decompress user-made bar-files again?

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 01 September 2004 03:26 PM EDT (US)     28 / 31       

Quoted from reply #22:

And my intention with the *.BARs is not a copy protection, but an extremely easy installation. Imagine huge modpacks or even better; campaigns with huge modpacks (King Jared's LSA), installed or deleted with one file. Otherwise your folders get full of files, you completely lose the overview, and when you install other modpacks it gets even worse. Imagine every modder/scn designer simply distributes one archive to the community!

filmdirector2
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 09:57 PM EDT (US)     29 / 31       
If you have played the Fall of the Trident campaign, you all know the scenario Good Advice. Felix Hermanson completely redid it with Atlantean units, and I played both scenerios and they had the exact same landscape. Maybe he knows how, unless he redid the whole map, which I highly doubt.
Dnas
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 10:06 PM EDT (US)     30 / 31       
It's very easy to extract a file from a bar file.

The point is to try to make installation of mods and things easier.

But, as Ykkrosh already said, you can't tell AOM to read custom bar files, so I don't know why the discussion is still going on.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 03 September 2004 09:12 AM EDT (US)     31 / 31       
So? Why do you still participate then? Besides, read what Ykkrosh really said:

Quoted from Ykkrosh:

Editing the .exe to load an extra file isn't hard, unless the program tries to stop people editing it

I mean, there isn't no hope at all.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames