Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Its got to be simple
Bottom
Topic Subject:Its got to be simple
BIrchnut
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 11:47 AM EDT (US)         
All im looking for at the moment is to have the other players play for themselves...like actually move... any help or anything else i might want to know would be wonderful. Thanks for helping a white guy out.
-Marc
AuthorReplies:
Von Mackensens Hat
Mortal
(id: DrNick)
posted 03 September 2004 11:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Assign the player an AI. Just go to the players menu and press the AI button. Make sure you push the enter key and not just the OK button.

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
oddy
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 03:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
One sentence. One word. One destination...
FAQ.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
theNodgene1
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 03:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
totally confused by the statement anyway...
Von Mackensens Hat
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 06:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
I don't have anything against you personally, but I'm going to use your thread to rant anyway.

From most of the quesions newbies ask, it seems that nobody wants to just sit down and experiment with the editor anymore. When I started, I opened it up and started playing with stuff; Like for instance, the menus and the toolbar. I clicked on everything to see what it did. And I learned more about it that way then from what anybody could have told me on a forum.

Dr Nick

[This message has been edited by DrNick (edited 09-03-2004 @ 06:06 PM).]

Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 06:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Exactly DrNick. That irritates me soooooo much when I see in example my mum on the pc. She doesn't explore, she doesn't walk through all menus and buttons, she daren't testing anything at all. All she does is following the strict "paths" explained by me. "Click the Start Button, move your mouse up, click Programs, ...". And what happens if suddenly such a path is blocked (in example by a crashing Explorer or some Fatal Error, which aren't very rare events in MS Windows)? Then she has no clue what to do.

Stepping out of the pathways and exploring the computer gives you an overview of it's structure, enabling you to solve most errors in the future on your own.

So, BIrchnut and all others, stop asking for strict paths. Just go through every button in the editor, read every guide available, and ONLY if there's a real problem and if you don't have a clue, ONLY after you've checked all guides and FAQ lists, and ONLY after you've used the Forum Search: yes, THEN you can post your questions here in the forum and I'm sure every AOMH member will be happy to help you out.

Happy exploring.

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 09-03-2004 @ 06:39 PM).]

Von Mackensens Hat
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 06:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Most people don't explore because they are afraid they will break something (especialy older people like in Arch's example). I'm here to tell EVERYBODY, that it's okay. Just open a blank map and play around YOU WON'T BREAK ANYTHING!

Dr Nick
dark_master
Mortal
posted 03 September 2004 07:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       

Quote:

Exactly DrNick. That irritates me soooooo much when I see in example my mum on the pc. She doesn't explore, she doesn't walk through all menus and buttons, she daren't testing anything at all. All she does is following the strict "paths" explained by me. "Click the Start Button, move your mouse up, click Programs, ...". And what happens if suddenly such a path is blocked (in example by a crashing Explorer or some Fatal Error, which aren't very rare events in MS Windows)? Then she has no clue what to do.
Stepping out of the pathways and exploring the computer gives you an overview of it's structure, enabling you to solve most errors in the future on your own.

So, BIrchnut and all others, stop asking for strict paths. Just go through every button in the editor, read every guide available, and ONLY if there's a real problem and if you don't have a clue, ONLY after you've checked all guides and FAQ lists, and ONLY after you've used the Forum Search: yes, THEN you can post your questions here in the forum and I'm sure every AOMH member will be happy to help you out.

Happy exploring.

I agree, and that is what my mom does. She opens up IE and asks me,"Now what?"

Why vote
for a
JOhnKErry

BUSH |*=|
Cheney'04

BabaHama
Mortal
posted 04 September 2004 09:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Oddy, I totally agree. (except thats 3 word in an abbreviation.)
SilencedDisciple
Mortal
posted 05 September 2004 01:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I agree too. I had to degunk my Dad's comp and explain to him certain details about what each programs does.

"We are as happy as our minds make up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Proud member of Ambition Designs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames