You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Modpack Showcase: Terrain Modpack 1.1
Bottom
Topic Subject:Modpack Showcase: Terrain Modpack 1.1
Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 18 January 2005 00:18 AM EDT (US)         
Terrain Modpack

Author: Auron
Version: AoM: the titans
Studio: Tsunami Studios

.DESCRIPTION:.
This file features a total of 30 new bodies, which include forest, mountains, terrains, and a modified waterbodies.XMB file. The Terrains can be found at the Scenario section list, the cliffs on the cliffs list, and the forest on the forest list. THIS DOES NOT OVER WRITE OTHER FILES. All the terrains, and cliff work for both AoM and AoT. however only 3 forest bodies DONT WORK on AoM and the forest called Water Reeds Floor does not work, which makes a total of 27 files working for AoM, and 30 files working for AoT.

.:WATERBODIES:.
This file was modify so that when trying to use the option called "Edit Water" and pressing the buttom called "Beautify", it would produce more objects such as grass, and other details to several rivers, and oceans. If you are using the new forest, and cliffs, for AoM Vanialla some of their icons will not show right since they are only avaliable on AoT.

Terrains:

• GrassMixed
  • MistStairs
  • RoadETileB
  • RoadNTileA
  • RoadETileC
  • RockNRoad
  • WoodB
  • WoodA
  • WhiteBlack

Cliffs:

• Cliff A
  • Cliff Rock
  • Ice
  • Erebus Rock
  • Ice Rock
  • Water Rock
  • Sandy Rock

Forest:

• Undermine Land
  • Greek Ruins
  • Ruins
  • Gaia
  • Tornado
  • Cinematic Trees
  • Cinematic Rocks
  • Pine Burning
  • Rock Granite
  • Fire
  • Sea Plants
  • Wood
  • GrassA
  • Water Reeds
  • Flowers

.:SCREENSHOTS:.
    Stairs
    WhiteBlack
    Pine Burn Forest
    PileWood Forest
    Underground Forest
    Ruins Forest
    Cinematic Rocks Forest
    Sea Plants
    Gaia Forest
    Cinematic Trees Forest

Here are some eyecandy screenshots and ideas you can make with these Terrain Modpack:
    Guide to make a Large Tree Macehead
    Realistic Tree Auron
    Fortress Macehead
    Greek Fortress Macehead

.:HOW TO INSTALL THE FOREST.XMB, WATERBODIES.XMB AND CLIFFS.XMB FILES:.
    Place these three files at:
    C:/program files/micrsoft games/aom/data folder

.:HOW TO INSTALL TERRAINS:.
    place all the files you found at the "New Terrains" folder at: C:/program files/microsoft games/Aom/Textures/Terrains folder. Installing this Mod will not crash your game or cause Out of Sync. It has been tested several times and no errors were found.

.:OTHER INFORMATION:.
    ~> Contact me at: nick_nbm@hotmail.com
    ~> www.geocities.com/aomthetitans

DOWNLOAD HERE

Just a quick note here; since this terrain modpack is basicly for scenario use, i decided to post it here. Also, my site hasnt been updated for about a month, i'll try to updated it as soon as possible

[This message has been edited by Auron_ (edited 01-18-2005 @ 00:31 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    RiderOfEternity
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2005 01:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
    Sweet I like that tree thing and some of the terrrains there.

Aren't these meant to be in Mods forum?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    OutlandishTeacup
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2005 03:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
    I take it you need to distribute these with a scenario if you use it?

Oh, and give you credit of course.

    
    Gaurdian_112
    Banned
    posted 18 January 2005 04:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
    They're ok. Some of them are very similiar to original ones but the wood and stairs are pretty cool.

Should go to the modding forum, though.

Anastasoulis
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2005 07:03 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
    Yes, again excellent work

I'll agree also with Gaurdian_112, but there are changes that distinguish it from the older file.
    Yes, a must for every designer, congrats.

Auron_
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2005 08:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       

Quote:

Just a quick note here; since this terrain modpack is basicly for scenario use, i decided to post it here. Also, my site hasnt been updated for about a month, i'll try to updated it as soon as possible

^ thats why i posted it here...

Quote:

I take it you need to distribute these with a scenario if you use it?
    Oh, and give you credit of course.

Yes, or you can just linky to my submittion, or just include it with your scenario

Quote:

They're ok. Some of them are very similiar to original ones but the wood and stairs are pretty cool.

what simmilar, the terrains, forest, cliffs? well, if your talking aboutu the terrains, they are based on original textures.

@ Anastasilious, thanx for the comments, and to everyone too. Also, thanx for the rating Anastasilious

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
    Mr Muppet
    Mortal
    (id: Scrunch Muppet)
    posted 18 January 2005 11:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
    Wow! They look amazing.
    Slickman_G
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2005 11:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
    These look impressive!

(`.`....`.)
    (.`Slick G`.)
    (`.`....`.)
    Auron_
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2005 11:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
    thanx

Anastasoulis
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2005 04:33 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
    Auron, Hi.
    let me say 2 things:
    1) my name is Anastasoulis
    2) there's a problem with the modified xmb, when I install it screws up the terrains with Reyk's Editor 3.
    I saw that the file sizes are different and also with Wordpad, there are some types that you have and he doesn't and the opposite.
    So first I installed your modpack and then I reinstalled Reyk's Editor, so now I have the most out of the two.
    Now I can "see" your stairs and xtra roads, but not some other types, plus Reyk's special waterbodies.

Question: how can I change the xmb files for terrain, cliffs and water bodies, so that I can include all mods on these?
    I believe that you're the best qualified for a solution on this matter.

[This message has been edited by Anastasoulis (edited 01-19-2005 @ 04:35 AM).]

ArcticWind7
    Banned
    posted 19 January 2005 05:56 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
    The one I've made like this (Being tested) Has 152 additions........
    And an autoinstaler.

But the stairs look great!

Auron, when I release mine in the future, can I include you're cliffs/forests/terrains etc.? Just so not to limit people to just mine and reyks.

Anastasoulis
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2005 07:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
    Yes, great idea ArcticWind7,
    any new mods, should include all the rest in the xmb files, the authors must aggree on this.
    Auron_
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2005 08:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
    1). sorry, i was just typing quickly...but anywayz it aint a big deal. Is that really your real name, or just your nickname/?

2). well, in order to have both terrains from me and reyk, you would need AoMeD and change the terraintypest.xmb format into .xml, open one of the terraintypest.xml with notepad, and copy/paste all the information from one to another, then convert it back to .xmb.

this is basicly like a new unit, most people include their own protox.xmb. If a person installs another new unit, it will have to overwrite the older one, unless you do the same thing of transmitting information from one .xmb to another protox.xmb

@Artic, it would be a good idea. However, if you include all my stuff, then the submition and the showcase would be worthless since you are already submitting them along with your terrains and stuff, but still, knock yourself out

[This message has been edited by Auron_ (edited 01-19-2005 @ 08:12 AM).]

ArcticWind7
    Banned
    posted 19 January 2005 08:18 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
    I'll just include you're cliffs/etc. not terrains. takes up too much space, already 4 mbs
    Anastasoulis
    Mortal
    posted 20 January 2005 01:36 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
    Auron thanks, and my true name is George Anastasoulis.
    I use it over the net, cause I want my opinions and reviews to carry the full weight and noone can accuse me of having smurf accounts. Also, I feel I could be friends with most of the people in the forum, so why not let them know my true name?

I do have AoMED, but I'm not much in XML and programming.
    Will try to do as you said.
    On the other hand, It'd be much better if all of you creators aggreed that anyone who creates something new of the sort, will include the .xmb files updated with all previous mods. It'd make it easier on those of us who really like your work and want to use it.

[This message has been edited by Anastasoulis (edited 01-20-2005 @ 05:22 AM).]

Auron_
    Mortal
    posted 22 January 2005 00:29 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
    there isnt much programming on this...and you dont have to know any programming at all. Is just that people get scared when they see weird symbols here and there..but really, nothing complicated. I dont even know any programming lenaguage and was able to learn it...

about your name...well, is not a good idea to sometimes do so....for instance i post a picture while i was on merlords that now guardian is using on his msn avatar...just pisses me off

Anastasoulis
    Mortal
    posted 24 January 2005 06:14 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
    Auron, OK about the A0MED, will do as I'm not scared of programming either.

About the name thing, well -I'll probably let something happen that'll annoy me and then change to a nickname.
    You know, experience is what we humans call -our mistakes.

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames