You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Some cool thing you can do with "modify protounit"
Bottom
Topic Subject:Some cool thing you can do with "modify protounit"
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Hessu
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 03:55 PM EDT (US)         
Some cool things you can do with "modify protounit"

So here we go, my first guide thread thing:

You can make moving mirror towers and statue of lightnings with simply "modify protounit" trigger where you put speed to delta 4 or higher. Trick is really easy but it's pretty cool.

Ready, set, go!!

Yay! it moves!!

Ok. here's another cool thing what my friend found out. Use again modify protounit trigger now select some building from list like temple. Then set "building points" to -500. After that you can build that building on game simply selecing it and then left click to ground, your villager dont even have to touch the building and it will apear to ground
Like this:

Select temple

Left click and voila temple is there and you didn't even have to sweat.

You have to make modify proto unit trigger to all buildings where you want to use click and build technique. If you want make fast walls you have to make this trigger to wall medium, high, short and connector.

Hereís also list of some others modify proto unit things you can do:

Hitpoint: With this like we all know you can improve or make worse unitís hitpoint. If you set some units hitpoint to 999999999999999999.0 unitís hp comes 0 and itís impossible to kill that unit. (even bolt donít kill the unit) But if you want to disable some unit you can put his hitpoint to -500 and unit will die immediately when you have trained him. (Or you can just use Forbid and disable unit trigger :P)

LOS: this is a units Line of sight. You can make with it even better obelisks or if you put delta to -100 units are able to see only themselves.

Healing rate: You can change how fast unit who can heal heals (pharaoh, priest, Son of Osiris) If you modify templeís healing rate you can make also healing temples.

Healing range: How far you units can heal. If you want make some kind of healing system to your scenario you can make one allie unit to edge of the scen with great healing range who heals all the damaged players.

Range: How far ranged units can shoot obviously.

Minimum range: For catapult and ballistas.

Speed: How fast unit is. Itís always cool make super fast units.

Train points: If you set this to -100 units will train immediately. (Rate training trigger changes all units train point)

Max Contain: If you change this to really high you can put so many units for example to rocs.

Population count: How much your unit will take population. You canít set it to 0 what is shame.

Recarge: How fast all units who got special attack reloads their spc. attack. You can make for example minotaurs who make gore attack all the time.

Num projectiles: How many arrows ranged units shoot at same time. Itís cool to put much Num projectiles to ballistas and to setna.

Build limit: How much you can build for example houses and towers. If you set houseís build limit to 1 you can have only one house at same time.

Pop camp addition: How much you get population limit from building house or town center. You can change houses Pop camp addition to 50 so you get more pop limit from 1 house.

Screenies:
units hp to -500
units LOS to -100
Temples healing rate to 5
Setnas and ballistas Num Proj to 500

[This message has been edited by hessu (edited 01-20-2005 @ 12:12 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hessu
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 04:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31       
Awwww. Why those pics are so small?
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 18 January 2005 04:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 31       
Nice !
Theris264
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 05:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 31       
inserted.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 18 January 2005 05:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31       
Very nice hessu. I knew about these but..never thought of them lol..so this is a great guide IMO.

Thanks!

OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 05:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 31       
I knew about the statue of lightning, but the rest is all new to me. Great guide!

    
The Vandhaal
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 06:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 31       
Nice guide !

I knew and used the speed thing in one of my scenarios but the build thing was new for me...

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 01-18-2005 @ 06:02 PM).]

pftq
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 06:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 31       
Knew this stuff but it's good to post.

While we're on about this effect, mgiht as well cover each option:

Train Points - Same as Build Points only for units.

Max Contained - How much you can garrison if I remember right.

Population Count - How much the unit takes up in pop.

Pop Cap Addition - How much pop it gives you (tents, houses).

Recharge Time - Special Attacks

Build Limit - How many you can build. (houses) The limit is what you want and 1 more. So if you want to be able to build only 3 units, put 4. If you want to be able to build 4, put 5.

Num Projectiles - How many of something a unit can fire (arrows).

I just posted what I thought would be hard to figure out. If anyone else has more, just ask or post.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 01-19-2005 @ 06:22 PM).]

OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 18 January 2005 11:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 31       
Nice. Always wondered what Most Contained was...

    
Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 18 January 2005 11:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 31       
Knew it, but good job anyways.

OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 19 January 2005 01:40 AM EDT (US)     10 / 31       
@hessu: Don't worry, echowinds was just pulling your leg. he doesn't really know anything.

    
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 19 January 2005 01:52 AM EDT (US)     11 / 31       
wweee

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
Hessu
Mortal
posted 19 January 2005 02:11 AM EDT (US)     12 / 31       
Thanks guys. Apparently all knew something of these things (except echowinds ) but it was good to remind from these things.
Fog_Drake
Mortal
posted 19 January 2005 02:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 31       
lol I didn't know of these either :P
coz I haven't needed them ever.

nice anyway

-drake

Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 19 January 2005 03:30 AM EDT (US)     14 / 31       
lol hessu Echowinds, as Teacup said, doesn't know anything.
Mythos_Ruler
Mortal
posted 19 January 2005 01:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 31       
Okay, here's something to know about the "Build Limit" field of the Modify Protounit Effect.

Setting a Build Limit of 1 for an entity (unit or building) only allows you to build ONE the WHOLE game.

Setting a Build Limit of 2 for an entity allows you to have ONE AT A TIME built ("alive"). You can build one temple with a build limit of 2, but can't build another one until it is destroyed.

Setting a Build Limit of 3 allows 2 of one entity to be alive at once.

So, basically, after 1, it's whatever number you enter minus 1.

Doesthat make sense? I figured this out some time ago when I added build limits to things in my Peloponnesian War scenario.

Also, build points and train points seem to refer to SECONDS, rather than actual points. For instance, if a hoplite usually takes 10 seconds to train, then setting train points by -5 makes them train in 5 seconds (roughly). Can anyone confirm?

pftq
Mortal
posted 19 January 2005 06:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31       
Build/Train Points - in the protounit.xml file, unit stats include build/train points. This is just antoher stat.

Ah yes with the build limit. Thanks. Hessu, it'd be great if you could edit your post to include these things.

Hessu
Mortal
posted 20 January 2005 11:56 AM EDT (US)     17 / 31       
Okay. I added that thing and bunch of others.
Skycat
Mortal
posted 20 January 2005 02:20 PM EDT (US)     18 / 31       
Awesome, didn't know 'bout this.

-=Skycat=-
Gerbs
Mortal
(id: gerbil30)
posted 20 January 2005 02:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 31       
nice bits of info

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
nifty_PS2MAN
Mortal
posted 20 January 2005 05:08 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31       
nothing new to me.

but i'd like to add min range effects all units.

And Max Contained Is VERY Fun With Amara. Try it yaself! For Realism, use K on her first

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
Hessu
Mortal
posted 21 January 2005 10:28 AM EDT (US)     21 / 31       
I know you can make min range to all ranged units but catapult and ballistas only actually gots min range.

Max contained to Amanra? What that suppose to do. I tried it and nothing had changed. Does it makes her jumps longer cos' that would be cool!

pftq
Mortal
posted 21 January 2005 05:55 PM EDT (US)     22 / 31       
Erm, read the desciption of Max Contained in what you editted to your post. :-/
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 21 January 2005 07:01 PM EDT (US)     23 / 31       
Maxed contained - increase this number for hero units to increase their relic-carrying capacity.
pftq
Mortal
posted 21 January 2005 10:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 31       
I thought that changed the garrison space?

Weird. So then if Amanra has garrison space as well, how will you choose what to modify?

Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 21 January 2005 10:56 PM EDT (US)     25 / 31       
I wonder can the old man garrison anything?

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames