You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Liquid Fire Studios - A Letter to the Community
Bottom
Topic Subject:Liquid Fire Studios - A Letter to the Community
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 01:52 PM EDT (US)         
Liquid Fire Studios - A Letter to the Community

I'd like to take the next few minutes to update everyone on the status quo of LFS. Last month our server at Outer Heaven was closed, this was indeed planned and we now have a new adress over at...

http://liquidfirestudios.net/

We are still in the middle of creating the new site and it may take some weeks before it is finished.

We have however made a few changes to the team, one of which I will explain here. We have dropped our original ranking system of 'Beginner, Advanced and Legendary' in favour of Leads. There will be a Lead for each category of design, for example: Lead Scenario Designer, Lead Modeller, Lead RMS Scripter etc. These leads will be the managers of any group projects and are the people who must keep the moral up for their part of the team. A 'Captain' if you like, and I am the General ; ).

Important Links

The old URL (http://lfs.outer-heaven.net/) now redirects to the corresponding page on the new URL.
I will be uploading some of the important items of our previous site and list them here:

Incident 39 Teaser - http://liquidfirestudios.net/aom/i39/teaser/
More to come....

A more recent new innovation to the team (and perhaps something never done before in other teams) is the ability to use exclusive software created by programmers of the team that make scripting much easier. In the near future there'll also be tools to help the design aspect of projects too.

There are many more changes and innovations that we are making/going to make, at the moment not even the team have been informed on what exact changes there will be, but I can tell you we will be bringing new things and ideas to the community.

Now onto the projects...

The Lord of the Rings Total Conversion Mod
A now big part of the studio is the recruitment of the massive mod by the AOM M/M team; Myths of the Third Age (Note: Name is liable to change). The team have been working hard designing essential maps and mods and reorganizing themselves since the move to our base. We will have new information, screenshots and videos to show within a few weeks. A new site is being made by Dnas for the mod.

Thread *Outdated*

Heroes Chronicles and Birthright II
The two RPGs being created by our beloved*cough* second leader, Gaurdian_112, feature massive eyecandy filled maps, full of quests and a whole load of very inventive features. I should also mention the Angel Elpea is working with Gaurdian in making mods and ideas for the scenarios. Both of the RPGs will feature an online 2 player cooperative mode that'll surely please the fans.

Thread

Incident 39
Not much news or new screenshots from eXtinction as of yet. But he has recruited a team of his own to help him recreate the dinosaur land that is Jurrasic Park. You can download a teaser of the mod here. I'm sure when new information and screenshots do come through however will definetly delight followers of the project.

Past News, Information and Screenshots

Secret Projects
The rest of the team have not been idle in the weeks of our hiding. Nodgene1 is up to some devilry with projects that even we don't know much about (as usual), as well as learning Random Map Scripting (we could be in for a Norse Wars-beater some time this year ). I myself am working on the site, but also on a secret project that only Gaurdian knows anything about (and what he knows is a very small part of what's in the making). Resurrected member Kavik has came up with a brilliant team project which most of the team will be working on.

Studio News
Kavik is promoted to Lead Scenario Designer
Kavik has shown influence, talent and leadership qualities during his time in the studio. With his new rank he will be given authority (among the other leads) if I and Guardian are ever to go away. He will also be heading and planning out any team scenario projects and boosting moral throughout the team.

Thanks for reading.
I'd like to give thanks to Gaurdian who has done a lot for the team in the background and been by my side throughout the life of the team, supporting me and giving suggestions and advice, whilst also giving friendly conversation when most needed.

-RiderOfEternity
flammaboi@gmail.com

Visit the Forums!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
AuthorReplies:
Austin Powers
Mortal
(id: Emperor_Julian)
posted 23 January 2005 01:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
You guys are my favorite design team.

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
Coolness:
Smartness:
Sexyness:
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 23 January 2005 01:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       

Quote:

whilst also giving friendly conversation when most needed.

You're getting whiny .

Anyway... Well... Nothing really interesting, I'm sorry... Better spare your threads for project announcements.

Mr Muppet
Mortal
(id: Scrunch Muppet)
posted 23 January 2005 01:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
Sounds good. You should do a monthly newsletter or something like that.
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 23 January 2005 02:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
^ That's the plan, only former Scn Punk member The_Conquistador will be handling it from now on. It'll bring back some nostalgia to the community.

Quote:

I'd like to give thanks to Gaurdian who has done a lot for the team in the background and been by my side throughout the life of the team, supporting me and giving suggestions and advice, whilst also giving friendly conversation when most needed.

Atleast one bastard gives me some credit. (j/k)

Once the website is launched, I myself will be announcing a few community events that will surely knock your socks off- so to speak

Quote:

A 'Captain' if you like, and I am the General ; ).

And I'm the Emperor!

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 01-23-2005 @ 02:36 PM).]

Kavik
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 02:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
It's about time we posted something like this.

Lead Scenario Designer and Member of Liquid Fire Studios
Seeking only strength; Coldness that can burn a person; Throwing away pride; Stopping time with hatred.
"Eat paper." - pftq
pharoh_elite
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 03:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       

Quote:

There are many more changes and innovations that we are making/going to make, at the moment not even the team have been informed on what exact changes there will be, but I can tell you we will be bringing new things and ideas to the community.

That rings a bell from somewhere...

Anyway, nice to see you're up and running again. Good luck with the new website.

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
---------------------------
S . P . Q . R
comming soon
Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 23 January 2005 03:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Good luck.

OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 05:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
Yep, good idea to post this, so we don't seem so nonexistent.

    
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 23 January 2005 05:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
A site would be better, ofcourse
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 05:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       

Quote:

That rings a bell from somewhere...

If you're talking about Interden, well our changes or our first hints of changes started long before Inerden's.

actually I only found out that interden are changing today :|

Quote:

You guys are my favorite design team.

As is your name

Spitfire
HG Alumnus
(id: spitfire_23)
posted 23 January 2005 05:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
You're not my favorite design team, but you do have the coolest name.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
snuggins
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 06:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
Yes, it feels like it sends people in to a fiery grave, I like it...

EVOLUTION? REVOLUTION!- Liquid Fire Studios
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 23 January 2005 06:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
^ Umm yeah...:\
pharoh_elite
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 06:19 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20       

Quote:

If you're talking about Interden, well our changes or our first hints of changes started long before Inerden's.
actually I only found out that interden are changing today :|

How can you know your changes were hinted before ours if you only found out today. There has been a timeline of headers stating back from way before christmas on this. Of course, this is not a problem so long as LFS changes do not reflect IDS' which i would assume they wouldn't as it is a very honourable studio in my opinion.

Newsletters are a good idea. They have worked well for me. The only problem is the file size.

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
S . P . Q . R
comming soon
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 24 January 2005 06:22 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
:\

Do you really expect all teams to just sit back and do nothing just because yours is doing something? I don't see any reason to whine about this or that, and, IMO, if a change benefits our team we'll implement it whether any other team has done it or not.

God in heaven...

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 12:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
^Pharoah isn't whining I don't think

Quote:

very honourable studio

Wow, i'm glad you noticed.

Quote:

if a change benefits our team we'll implement it whether any other team has done it or not.

Huh? Looks like we're against eachother on this issue... always contradicting eachother :|

Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 24 January 2005 12:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
^ lol Rider!

You know what I mean.

Spitfire
HG Alumnus
(id: spitfire_23)
posted 24 January 2005 01:13 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
Now there are some things about the process dividing into design teams that I like more than others, but the notion that one team can't copy another and learn from their style of doing things is absurd.

You seem to be forgetting that we're all on the same side here.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 24 January 2005 01:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
^ lol exactly. Now don't go and turn this into a design teams debate.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 25 January 2005 03:56 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
Hurry up on the site, RoE!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames