Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Quick Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Quick Question
CowS_Elman
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 10:59 PM EDT (US)         
Hello all...

Recently, I have started creating a new scenario, and I am about 30% complete and I've already hit a snag...

I have a problem with a certain trigger.

I wish to make it so that every 30 kills, a cow spawns in a certain area, yet I can't see how to do it.
I have tried looping, but then came to the conclusion, that it will only spawn the cow if you have 30 kills, it will NOT spawn every 30 kills.

You help on this matter is much appreciated.

Please Note: I have created the whole trigger, and it works fine, the only dilemma is what is above. What I ask for is a soloution to that problem, or if there is no solution, the easiest way around it.

~CowS_Elman on behalf of Cow Studios.

[This message has been edited by CowS_Elman (edited 01-29-2005 @ 11:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
sziggi
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
loop wont work no way to go back to one, so just keep counting the second one would be 60.ok
Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 29 January 2005 11:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
well, you have to keep counting them. next condition would be when player has 60 kills, next one would be 90, 120, ETC.

btw, what is cow studios? is that a design team?

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
CowS_Elman
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Thanks, now I also have another question related to your answer:

Would it be easier to set it so I have to create many triggers, or would it be better to change the whole interface eg. Unit in area for X amount of time creates the cow

CowS_Elman
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
@Auron_
Yes, Cow Studios is a design team.
It cosists primarily of 2 people, and we started up 3 days ago. We specialize in creating cow related scenarios, and altering existing scenarios so that they ARE cow related (with the owners permission of course)

Haha

sziggi
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
I had a three headed cow it one of my scn. But maybe you don't go for that three on one action.
Auron_
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
but dont you want one cow to spawn every 30 kills?

so you mean create an effect which spawns/creates a cow when a certain unit is in area, and depending on how long this unit remains on that area? you can be more specific though i think the way i told you is easy, and besides, there is the copy/paste trigger option in the new editors

btw, whats cow studios?
EDIT: nm you just reposted...although you should had just edited your post instead of making a new one.

oh yea, i think i saw an scenario of yours where you had a 3 headed mythic unit...but it wasnt a cow, and there was also this centauron making a snake appear out of a pot and it bit him

[This message has been edited by Auron_ (edited 01-29-2005 @ 11:21 PM).]

Lord Zorinthrox
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
Uhh, I'm not much of a designer, but the new Wiki has an article that could help you, and it only uses one trigger that will continue working, in your case, for as many cows as you can imagine.

's right here

Practice safe foruming by not posting tired.
On my todo list of mods (meaning stuff I really want to do but can't get around to yet):

Editor Modpack of some sort
Project Excelsior
Always keep in mind, all my posts are a stream of consciousness, so don't take anything I say too literally.
CowS_Elman
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
Ok, I will be more specific, sorry Auron_

What I meant is... hmm, I'll give you an example:

There is a raised circle in the middle of the map, and I set the trigger so that 5 Hoplites are on that circle for 30 seconds it will create the cow.

I personally think that it would be easier, because it would only require 1 looped trigger

sziggi
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       

Quote:

centauron making a snake appear out of a pot and it bit him

Ya, that was bellerophron. the cow is in tempest rising.

Quote:

Hoplites are on that circle for 30 seconds it will create the cow.

you can do that with one trig

[This message has been edited by sziggi (edited 01-29-2005 @ 11:28 PM).]

Auron_
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
well, you can (like xamo does in his scenarios) put an object like a plenty vault. when this unit is owned for a certain a mount of time, it will spawn a cow.

OR, you can make it with unit in area too. that way works too, and i think is easier....though defining the radius may get confusing, but with practice you can get it easy

EDIT: btw sziggy, i just visited your home page, and i really didnt know you were that old!, you even have a child of your own
EDIT2: this has turned into a life chat

regards
Auron

[This message has been edited by Auron_ (edited 01-29-2005 @ 11:30 PM).]

CowS_Elman
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Ok, thankyou all for your help, even though you 2 can get a bit confusing sometimes...

Just kiddin, ok, thanks again

CowS_Elman on Behalf of Cow Studios.

Auron_
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
your welcome! its nice to see new comers writing in good grammar, and being polite which doesnt happen often here. and since its the first time i've ever seen you around here, WELCOME TO THE AOMH DESIGN COMMUNITY

sziggi
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Erics amost 15 and Justins 13 where watching resident evil.
Auron_
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 11:35 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quote:

Monkeys bust in on card playing dogs, lawn flamingos are furious, chimps make a play for the high wire act, incognito, Mr.Circus is said to be taking a cut of the profits, in monopoly moneys.

LOL your site is weird:S.

pftq
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 01:06 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
Has everyone forgotten Oddy's Kill-Counter Guide? The one he used to post about all over the place?

There are several kill counters linked to in the pinned "Guide to Editor Tips..." thread.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames