Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Magic: The Gathering
Bottom
Topic Subject:Magic: The Gathering
MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 10 March 2005 08:09 PM EDT (US)         

I began a multiplayer scenario based on the card game, Magic: The Gathering. Here are some features for the scenario that will add MTG elements and fun to it. Check it out.

-Deckbuilding
•Make your own deck from scratch or select a premade one. You will have a pretty decent variety of cards to choose. Will you choose power over speed? Or spells over speed? Or a little bit of all yet somehow back it up to make an ultimae deck?

The deckbuilding process is simple. All players start with a special unit in a private square. To begin constructing your deck, you simply walk to the units you want. Each unit may represent a spell, creature, or something else. They will be in the objectives to identify which unit resembles what. You can only have 60 cards, and you already start out with 25 lands. You choose what color(s) your lands want to be in order to fit with the color spells/creatures/misc you want it to fit with, and have all this to do in five minutes.

-Playing
•Each player starts out with a special unit that is stuck on a cirtain terrain that it cannot move from. After about every 20 seconds, you get a land. You can use this land to spend for mana to bring out something that has a cost equal to the mana you are adding to your mana pool (example is using 5 lands to produce 5 mana to your mana pool, or 3 lands to produce 3 mana to your mana pool. Your lands refresh in 10 seconds (meaning you can use it again). The lands you activate produce a color of the mana it can make.) Your creatures may have an advantage, such as flying (can block nonflying creatures and other flying creatures), and haste (super fast unit). Your special unit that is in the arena represents your life total. That basically means once your life unit dies, so do you.
-Spells
•You must type which spell you want to cast as long as you have enough mana. Once you type the spell (for example, you type the spell "Wrath of God" if it's in your deck (Wrath of God is a spell that destroys all creatures) your message triggers your lands to activate equal to Wrath of God's cost and will automatically play that spell) you automatically play it, so after you finish making a deck, be sure to write down or memorize what spells you have and what they do. You can check them in the objectives, but you may not have enough time for that at cirtain times.

-The Arena
•The arena is basically a huge circle. Players are spread apart equally from each other and are close to the arena walls.

I don't have screenshots yet, but will be posted soon.

Percent Done: 65%

Release Date Estimated: Late March or anytime April

[This message has been edited by MTG_Elt_Wretch (edited 03-27-2005 @ 00:17 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ATTEcLiPsE1
Mortal
posted 10 March 2005 08:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
This sounds great!
I like MTG, but I;m not an all out fan. I like their latest block, Kamiagawa. Japanese ownage!
Anyway, it sounds good, glad you could pull it off. I'm definately D/Ling this one. Anxious to see what its like

Edit: Did you include equipment? Cause that can be done be researching armory techs. Just an idea .

-=*Put this in your sig if you or a friend has survived or was killed in a Pokemon battle.*=-
-=Eyecandy & Screenies=-
-=Join the Effort! Community Campaign!=-
-=Email me at: att.151(at)gmail(dot)com=-
-=My AoM:TT Tag=-

[This message has been edited by ATTEcLiPsE1 (edited 03-10-2005 @ 08:34 PM).]

MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 10 March 2005 09:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
No I haven't and don't plan to include equipment yet. My first scenario is going to be as simple and basic as possible. Then the later versions will include equipment, possible more spells and creatures, enchantments, and possible even legends. I do plan to also add a premade sliver deck to use in a cirtain version, too. All versions will have what the last had, much like expansions.

This is going to be much like the Xbox's or PC's Magic: The Gathering Battlegrounds, yet a little more stragetic since you get to make a more complex deck.

[This message has been edited by MTG_Elt_Wretch (edited 03-10-2005 @ 10:08 PM).]

bowsermaster12
Mortal
posted 10 March 2005 10:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
I will join.
MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 10 March 2005 10:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Nice, Bowsermaster12!

In case some of you don't know who he is, he's from the Wizards of the Coast forums like me. I can sure use MTG players to help me with this scenario suggestions!

LuCkyMaN
Mortal
posted 11 March 2005 00:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
OoOO very nice,I have a few of those cards myself.Although I still dunno how to play I like the elf dudes and the tree dudes in it lol they look awesome aswell as panther warriors.You should include them maybe cuz we do got units that look like trees.Archers could be elves that would be tight,m8 gl with it.We need more scenarios like this.
pharoh_elite
Mortal
posted 11 March 2005 12:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
ingenious idea but you will have to make sure the map design is maintained as many designers - when creating a scenario such as this - disregard map design as a unimportant aspect. I will not be too judgemental now but when it's released i will be sure to download and give you my opinion as a fellow designer.

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
---------------------------
S . P . Q . R
---------------------------
comming soon

[This message has been edited by pharoh_elite (edited 03-11-2005 @ 12:41 PM).]

MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 12 March 2005 01:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
I think I'm going to make some dramatic changes to this one.

-Your lifepoints aren't equal to 20, they're equal to some other unit's toughness (I'll make it big enough to withstand heavy attacks)
-(You control your creatures by the way) Whenever a creature attacks and hits your main life unit, it does not respawn to its summoner. It must be killed right there and then, thus putting more pressure on you to create some units
-Never run out of units, but your lands don't "untap", as in reresh in about 10 seconds.

I think it'll still be good, but unfortunetaly it'll have less elements relating to MTG. It will be much like Battlegrounds, the Xbox or PC game. Quicker than the card game, but should still be fun for a multiplayer scenario. I plan to add more people in later versions but for now it's going to be 4 people. Possibly a 2-3 people version along with this one.

TitanHeart
Banned
posted 12 March 2005 03:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
Complicated, but great! I cant wait!
You definately need a cinematic at the start to explain all this...
fubudis
Mortal
posted 12 March 2005 04:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Great map idea and nice execution. Sounds like its gonna be great. Good luck making it, i hope it turns out as good as it sounds.
MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 27 March 2005 00:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Sorry, been a while since tweaking with AOM. I need help.

Anyone interested in making a simple round colliseum/arena (dirt terrain)? Volunteers will be mentioned in the Scenario credits

MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 27 March 2005 00:19 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
For those MTG players out there, Trample, first strike and haste abilities won't be in here, sadly. Also, unfortunetaly it would be too hard to incorperate real cards in AOM, however I can make up my own in a way that can act as though they were from the game, easily. The scenario will still have MTG elements of playing spells, etc., so nothing to worry. It'll still be fun, I hope.
MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 30 March 2005 03:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
*BUMP*

Can someone please help voluenteer (can't spell) to make a circular colliseum/arena that isn't too huge but big enough so that your starting unit doesn't have enough Line of Sight to see the other ones until they walk around a bit to explore? Please?

MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 30 March 2005 11:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Please? Someone?
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 05:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
OK, I'll help.
I'll do a circular arena on a map and then you can copy/paste terrain to bring it into your map.
But... I need you to tell me how big you want it to be -i.e. in terrain tiles (you know the squares in the editor), what special features if any, etc.
my e-mail is anastasoulis (at) netscape (dot) net, use it for off main line communication, unless you don't mind everyone seeing what you're doing.
MTG_Elt_Wretch
Banned
posted 31 March 2005 01:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
Make it anyway you want, as long as it's not too huge. Maybe about 100x100 size? Also, do this on a blank map and I'll use that map to add on from there, it's much easier. Thanks for the help I appreciate it I'll be sure to include you for the Arena Credits. That's like 1/2 the scenario.

[This message has been edited by MTG_Elt_Wretch (edited 03-31-2005 @ 01:11 PM).]

TrituateX
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 01:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
Sounds great and hard... soooooo, when is it gonna get finnished?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames