You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » would it be possible to make english monoploy(multiplayer)
Bottom
Topic Subject:would it be possible to make english monoploy(multiplayer)
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 09:18 AM EDT (US)         
this would be a very challeging scenerio and would take advanced designers to make it,

If it was possible heres some things you could do:

instead of places like mayfair if you go over the square it would trigger:send chat to player 1:you are visiting mayfair
chances and commity chest would be like vistiting places except they give you prices like (good or bad) rent/bills set player misses a go ect(for this trigger use set var randomise)
and for insead of the dice it could be likelayer 1 is rolling the dice(again set var randomise)if it choses a 6 player one moves 6 spaces
also include jail with jail wall

and lots more things you would need to add

but the big question is :is it possible to make if it is then could somone make it- i love it if someone did
if possible i hope someone makes it

AuthorReplies:
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 11:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
Most board games (chess is an exception) can quite easily be created in AoM. To answer your question: yep, monopoly as well.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I think I just figured out how to make a multiplayer chess scenario...

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 03-22-2005 @ 11:27 AM).]

richygorgan
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 11:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
^^cool but who would make it?

i dont have the knowledge
and i dont understand quest var things but ive looked at these

quest var guide

quest var guide

comador02
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 01:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
How bout tryin to make the Age of Mythology Board Game for Age of Mythology... Ha Ha! lol just kidding.

Forgive and forget, just don't forget to forgive.~Comador02

<<<---Location

[This message has been edited by God (edited 11-19-2120 @ 2:38 PM).]

spbogie
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 05:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
I think i'll try this. It's been a while since I made anything but it sounds like fun. Shouldn't be incredibly hard either.
TheMightyLemon
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 08:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
There is a AOM board game. Saw it on the Internet. :WOW
silvergod45
Mortal
posted 22 March 2005 08:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
I'm very sure it's possible.
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 23 March 2005 04:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
hope you design it spbogie good luck and (if you design it have fun)

anyone who does make i hope its like i imaginaed(-just cant spell it lol)

if anyone does make it can you give me credit about the idea(you dont have to no ones forcing you, please give me cred please please please

spbogie
Mortal
posted 23 March 2005 04:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
I've started on making this, but I need a little help.
1) I can't find my monopoly game, so I was wondering if anybody could get me a list of the properties(cost, rent, house cost, mortgage value.)
2) If you have any suggestions feel free to give them. (email them to spbogie[at]gmail{dot}com)

[This message has been edited by spbogie (edited 03-23-2005 @ 05:51 PM).]

TiTaNfOlLoWeR09
Mortal
posted 23 March 2005 04:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
I don't think it would be that hard. If player 1(or any others) lands on a "property" you could use choice dialouge effect for them to choose to buy it or not. If so the "money" is subtracted from their gold and if not no money is subtracted. That would work right???

[This message has been edited by TiTaNfOlLoWeR09 (edited 03-24-2005 @ 05:42 PM).]

richygorgan
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 04:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
maby, spboogie i will give you a street of names i will do the street with mayfair on:
GO mayfair SUPERTAX
Collect 400 pay 100
as
you
past

parklane chance liverpoolststation
forget this its a mess

[This message has been edited by richygorgan (edited 03-24-2005 @ 04:33 AM).]

spbogie
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 09:26 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
I just figured out that my monopoly is at my friends house. When I get it back I'll start working on this again. I will be doing the American version, because that is the one I have, but it will be very easy to modify to other versions when it is complete.
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 01:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
wow i never knew there was an american version

sure do that spbogie then i will learn sum towns/citys in america

[This message has been edited by richygorgan (edited 03-24-2005 @ 01:33 PM).]

pharoh_elite
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 10:11 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
why don't you create your own AOM Version of monopoly, like change mayfair to a different name i.e "Mount Olympus" and be able to buy that. It would make the idea more unique for one thing.

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
---------------------------
S . P . Q . R
---------------------------
comming soon
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 01:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       

Quote:

why don't you create your own AOM Version of monopoly, like change mayfair to a different name i.e "Mount Olympus" and be able to buy that. It would make the idea more unique for one thing.

i was thinking that but then i thought nar i just wont and original
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 01 April 2005 04:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
spboogie how you doin on making monopoly, can ki playtest it since i cant get my scene to load i got nothing to do
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 03 April 2005 10:48 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
do the AOM versin! you could still use the stats easlily, from any monopaly version but it would give the game some amuzing class.

edit - ok ive mapped out a possible set of names of locations for an AOM verion, check them out (its quiet large so i put it on a seperate site) here -

http://www.freewebs.com/aom_world/

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by newreach268 (edited 04-03-2005 @ 11:15 AM).]

greyshark
Mortal
posted 03 April 2005 10:26 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
spbogie,
An aspect, which on first thoughts, would seem difficult to implement would be the player piece moving the number of squares from a die roll. If there are to be four sides on the board this will add to the difficulty.

First, I presume there would be a var representing the player of who's turn it is. There would also be a var representing the number on the die from a die roll.

I also presume there will be a cinematic block on each square so the game will know which side of the board the player is on, so the game can act accordingly, perhaps offering a property.

Now, for the solution of the afformentioned problem i suggest that four blocks are placed at each corner of the board. These will be the 'targets' which the player's pieces will walk towards. A var which represents the side of the board the piece is on is required, called, for example, 'side', and is numbered one to four. This will be changed to the correct side whenever the piece hits an aformentioned 'corner block'.

After a die roll the number of the die roll is copied to a var called, for example, 'squaresleft', which will represent the number of squares left to move. If 'squaresleft' is above 0, the player's piece will move towards a corner block; the correct corner block to move to is found from the value of the 'side' var. A trigger: As the piece passes a single cinematic block, 'squareslefts' decrements by one; this trigger loops itself after a set amount of time- enough time for the piece to move to the next square. Another trigger which stops the piece is needed when 'squaresleft' is at zero, of course.

I imagine that this won't take many triggers to implement. I estimate about 10, for one player. Anyway, I can't see you finishing this scenario, spbogie, to be honest. If you do, though, I'd like to play it.

How about houses as, well, houses, and manors as hotels?

[This message has been edited by greyshark (edited 04-03-2005 @ 10:31 PM).]

richygorgan
Mortal
posted 04 April 2005 12:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       

Quote:

How about houses as, well, houses, and manors as hotels?

i didnt mention it cause i thought he would do it automaticly-i think its common sence

Skycat
Mortal
posted 04 April 2005 02:07 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
I playtested a demo version of Monopoly for pacosgames (I think), but then never heard from them then on.
It was really fun.

-=Skycat=-
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 11:20 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
spbogie have you got far on making monopoly(i avent heard from you and want to know how your getting on

(i know this is an old thread but it wouldnt make sence to make a new one would it)

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames