You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How do I recycle an army?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I recycle an army?
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 24 April 2005 09:33 AM EDT (US)         
I bumped into a problem that is similar to my earlier experiences using move from area, where only a maximum amount of 30 units moved from the area at once, leaving the rest idle. This same 30-unit limit occurs when using armies.

Consider the following loop of 3 triggers:

Trigger 1:
C: Always
E: ARMY DEPLOY 30 units; fire trigger 2

Trigger 2:
C: always
E: ARMY MOVE; fire trigger 3

Trigger 3:
C: Player unit count = 0
E: Fire trigger 1

The first time, it works perfectly: 30 units are deployed, they move somewhere, and when they are all killed, they are deployed again. Unfortunately, the second time, ARMY MOVE doesn't work (trigger 2 fires, 100% certain).

- I have tested it with different amounts of units. If trigger 1 deploys 20 units, then the second time trigger 2 will only move 10 of them. The remaining 10 will just stand still. If trigger 1 deploys 28 units, then the second loop trigger 2 will only move 2 of them.
- I've tested this with both a ghost army and a real army, giving the same result.
- I also tried putting an ARMY KILL or ARMY DEPLOY effect in the loop, to kind of 'clear' the army and have a fresh start. Didn't work.

So, an army is FULL with 30 units - this I already knew - but the problem is: you cannot fill an army twice! The first 30 units you put in an army, keep that army full - even after they are killed.

Any idea how to solve this?

(And now that I'm here anyway: what is the exact difference between army kill and army destroy?)

AuthorReplies:
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 24 April 2005 10:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Did you have "Clear Existing Units" turned on in the "Army Deploy" effect?

If that doesn't work, how about a looped "Move from Area" trigger?

(Kill: The units die and lie there / Destroy: The units vanish)

EDIT: Does the army consist of different unit types? If so, use "Clear Existing Units" ON for the first unit type and OFF for the next unit type.

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 04-24-2005 @ 10:21 AM).]

Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 24 April 2005 11:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
You're my hero.

At least I think you are. Turns out that I've always misunderstood the meaning of "clear existing units". I assumed this option would just clear any units standing in the way, in the creation area, how naive Gonna test now.

EDIT: yup, works. Thanks a lot.

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 04-24-2005 @ 11:57 AM).]

AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 24 April 2005 01:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
No problem .
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 24 April 2005 06:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       

Quote:

I assumed this option would just clear any units standing in the way, in the creation area

I thought that too O.o

AOMPlayer how do you know SO much? I mean your knowledge extends even into all modding aspects!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames