You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » My triggers dont work!
Bottom
Topic Subject:My triggers dont work!
LYchamp
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 04:34 AM EDT (US)         
Ive made this map and ive taken a lot of time over it but none of my triggers are working. It doesnt make any sense.
Someone please give me a possible explination and possibly a solution.

You know this life thing, what's it all about?
AuthorReplies:
superknijn
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 04:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Please post what the exact conditions and effects are, whe can't do much with this.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
Tinus
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 05:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I know the reason, a friend of mine and me got this problem but we solved it. The reason is a "bug"trigger, there is a trigger in the whole chain that doesn't work correctly or it can't function because of a weird reason...
To quickly solve it, think of when you encountered this the first time in the map you are now making. Then go deleting the triggers one for one (DONT SAVE THE MAP!!) And test (always keep some triggers stand so you can see when the bug is out, for example make a trigger and then play a sound) When you found the bug trigger open you're map and delete the bug trigger, it should work now... if any questions, ask me!
greyshark
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 07:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Of course, deleting triggers one by one will be time-consuming if you have a lot of them. Delete half of them, if the triggers then work the problem trigger will be in those deleted, if triggers don't work still the problem trigger will be in the half remaining. Repeat.
LYchamp
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 12:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Thanks. I didnt think that I'd get replies this fast. Now come to mention it, ever since i put the change units in area trigger in the triggers stopped working.

Tinus
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 09:34 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
And I found something else, if you have the trigger: "Play dialog" never use this " or else it stops the whole chain!

I'm within your soul Destroying you from within
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 10:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
^it dont but it might if you loop it
LYchamp
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 11:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Ive tried going through them 1 by 1 and tried deleting half then the other half but it still didnt work. I think I probably had more than 1 bug which really complicated it. I got fed up in the end and just started all my triggers again. By the way, its gonna be called "Heroes of Light RPG" where you get to choose your character at the beggining instead of your character being set so look out for it in about a weeks time, i might have the triggers figured out then. Thanks 4 all your help peeps.

Grillergrill
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 12:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
By the way, its gonna be called "Heroes of Light RPG" where you get to choose your character at the beggining

ie Birthright 1?

EDIT: Forgot how to quote:P

[This message has been edited by Grillergrill (edited 05-04-2005 @ 12:34 PM).]

Slickman_G
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 01:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
The God of Gods
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 03:51 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Tinusss: "I know the reason, a friend of mine and me got this problem but we solved it."

Hmmm, I wonder who that friend was?

Tinusss 2nd message: "And I found something else, if you have the trigger: "Play dialog" never use this " or else it stops the whole chain!"

I had that once. First, I removed tons of triggers and all of a sudden I found it... S*** was the best word.

[This message has been edited by The God of Gods (edited 05-04-2005 @ 03:53 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames