You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How do I control all the starting Gods for my SCN?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I control all the starting Gods for my SCN?
Tallfellow
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 10:45 AM EDT (US)         
Hi,

People ingame are fairly uncooperative. I'd like to be able to control which gods people start with. I'd also like to have my two computer slots filled by default. This is to ensure that the scenario runs properly. How do I do this?

Normally I'd play around until I got it right. But I get the feeling the only way to test this is by launching the multiplayer game itself.

I've considered setting tech status to unavailable for all alternate gods that i do not want in those player slots..and then set tech status age 1 the god that i want in those slots. Is this how it is done or is there a simpler way? Player Data for example. I thought this might do it. But so far no luck.

So please email me the answer if you know.

oh btw I do not have TITANS I am editing in regular AOM

AuthorReplies:
superknijn
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 11:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I don't know exactly what you mean, but have you looked under 'Scenario' (IIRC) , and than 'Player Options' (IIRC)?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
Tallfellow
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 12:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I'm talking about Player God Assignments

You join my scenario and u r in player slot2

You must choose Hades as ur god. Instead of me asking...when the game starts u begin as Hades..

Now I have looked into the scenario player data.. and I cant control it through there as far as i can tell.

What about set tech status persistant? if age 1 hades is persistant...does that mean u r always in age 1 hades? or if you chose Isis as your starting god...would you then have age 2 isi choises? What does persistant mean exactly? (not dictionary but editor language. lets not forget priority doesnt actually mean random)

I suppose i could have about 100 set tech status's to make all other god choices except what i want u to choose as unavailable. Same for units etc...But there must be an easier way..

GreenLiquid
Mortal
(id: gummyWorm)
posted 04 May 2005 04:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
You can't force them to be Hades, but with some triggers from the SomeNewXTriggers pack you can automatically make it boot any non-Hades player. This may make them decide to be Hades.

Trigger_1
Active, Run Immediately

CONDITION:
----Player Major God----
-Player 2
-NOT checked
-Hades

EFFECTS:
----Send Chat----
-"{playername(2} has been kicked for not being Hades!"

----Set Player Defeated----
Player 2