Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Doom Lords 2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Doom Lords 2
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 08 August 2005 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE : 27 SEPTEMBER 2005

The succes of the first Doom Lords RPG was greater then I could possibly imagine. Doom Lords RPG is a half year old and still widely played on ESO, I am glad that most people like my map (I get reminded of that on ESO in allmost every game I join) So I decided that this great game needs a sequel. I am aware that another guy allready made a map called Doom Lords 2. According to my opinion, his map is of pretty low quality and is more or less a copy of the original, just with other characters, other monsters etc. I hope that people will find my Doom Lords 2 better than his. To avoid confusion on ESO, my Doom Lords 2 will be recognised by the following prefix: ~RF~

So, enough self-esteem for today, this is what the map is about:

Story

6 months after the destruction of the Doom Lord, our heroes (the Knight, the Archer, the Wizard, the Barbarian, the Paladin and the Amazon) are send to Hexa Porta, a city ruled by Tyrund, the brother of Thorin( the lord of Thulgrand, remember the original Doom Lords). It seems like evil has not left every part of the world. But how is this possible? The Doom Lord is dead, is he? Most of his servants fled in terror when he died, but it seems that one dedicated servant seeks to bring his master back from the lands of the dead. If that happens, the world will fall. You must find this servant and kill him before its too late.

Features

The features of this game are even better than those of the first Doom Lords RPG

STORY: Well, I told you the pregame story allready, but during the game, you follow a well-thought storyline The game contains in-game cinematics in which you are given missions which eventually leed you to the spot where the servant is trying to revive the Doom Lord.

TERRAIN: You are probably sick of those RPG's which consists of endless paths of pure grassA with nothing but boring packs of enemies. Doom Lords RPG was allready an improvement on this field, but nothing compared to Doom Lords 2. The paths of this map are made with nicely mixed terrain. I added much eye-candy, the paths are beautified with rocks, trees, buildings and much much more.

BOSS FIGHTS: Boss fights which are just one boring unit with enlarged hp and attack are a thing of the past. The boss fights in Doom Lords 2 are better than in any multiplayer RPG I have seen so far. The boss fights in Doom Lords 2 contain multiple parts. In all 3 boss fights in this map you have to do something first before you actually fight the boss(es). You first have to destroy a portal which summons demons from the underworld, have to defend a scientist till he is finished analysing some runes etc etc

CHARACTERS: The same characters as in Doom Lords RPG are used. The level ups are similar. A new feature is that the characters learn to temporary transform into a more powerfull unit (a myth unit)

SHOP: The map is so designed that you return to Hexa Porta several times during the game. In Doom Lords 2, not all items from the shop are available at start, you have to unlock them by finishing the missions you get.

Screenies

The Start
Hexa Porta 1
Hexa Porta 2
Hexa Porta 3
Campers
More Campers
A peculiar object
a lovely forest
A sacred place
Not the best town to live in
The Doom Lord's pit

Playtesters

FINAL PLAYTEST ROUND - Monday 26 september 7 pm GMT
No sign in required, all welcome

Got questions? Ask me

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer

[This message has been edited by Reinfire (edited 09-25-2005 @ 03:06 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
XsX_Invader2
Mortal
posted 08 August 2005 02:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 161       
i think there was only one scen that i ever played that had you doing anything bfore fighting the boss. forgot what it was... anyway

woot finaly the real thing

papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 08 August 2005 02:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 161       
Looks good! But I find it kind of unrealistic that the land just so happens to be dived into fourths and have different landscapes in each one.

Good luck!
papaya

EDIT:

Quote:

6 months after the destruction of the Doom Lord, our heroes (the Knight, the Archer, the Wizard, the Barbarian, the Paladin and the Amazon) are send to
6 months after the destruction of the Doom Lord, our heroes (the Knight, the Archer, the Wizard, the Barbarian, the Paladin and the Amazon) are send to Hexa Porta, a city ruled by Tyrund, the brother of Thorin

might want to fix that.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youre not in the slightest
its happening now and its always been like this.

[This message has been edited by Papaya (edited 08-08-2005 @ 02:59 PM).]

Hessu
Mortal
posted 08 August 2005 03:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 161       
Just don't make it too long. The biggest reason why I ever didn't play Doom lords to end is because it take about two hours to complete. And don't make it just killing, killing and buying because that will get really booring (like every RPG on ESO)
Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 08 August 2005 04:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 161       
Not to say anything, but I realise almost everything on ESO isn't very good in quality. Sims, LotR (With tons of unit bashing), Cat and mice, escapes....

greyshark
Mortal
posted 08 August 2005 04:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 161       
Is it already out? If not, do you have a release date?

*snigger... release dates... ahaha*

[This message has been edited by greyshark (edited 08-08-2005 @ 04:20 PM).]

Reinfire
Mortal
posted 08 August 2005 05:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 161       
@ X_MOSS
Woops, I had a problem with cntrl copy, cntrl paste, fixin it now. About the map, I never intended it to look realistic, and an all-desert map gets boring as well.

@ greyshark. I still have a lot of work to do. It might take some time. No release date yet (I am not Gaurdian_112)

@ Hessu. I havent playetested it thoroughly yet, but I expect it to be a little bit shorter than the first

@ Echowinds. You are absolutely right, but some are good

Reinfire
Phantom_Hamster
Banned
posted 08 August 2005 09:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 161       
I know i said i wansn't going on here anymore, but dude, this looks exicting! Cant wait till it comes out, (But dam fire wall blocks eso).
Raytane
Mortal
posted 09 August 2005 02:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 161       
I agree with Hessu, I've never actually completed doom lords 1 mainly cause we lose most people playing by the city of Thulgrand.
Also I was just wondering but will the characters each have the same abilites and stats? I think something different would be nice but its up to you.

The only thing evil needs to triumph is for the good guys to do nothing
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 09 August 2005 04:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 161       
I think it would be wrong to add new characters. I like the old ones too much.

Reinfire
harrison600
Mortal
posted 13 August 2005 02:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 161       
ei muw cbe c`e oim creb
hi im hazrrison600
iu m`te cre`te tombl
can u do a job? fer me
koi let`e c`e combre muo
help me with a triggered map
miuk
TY!

emdk aig
my e-mail is=
hazthesexyboy@hotmail.co.uk

papaya
ಠ_ಠ
posted 13 August 2005 02:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 161       

Quote:

Official Language
English is the official language of our forums because it is the common language between our moderators and users. Because we can not moderate conversations in a foreign language, you may not hold a conversation in the forums in language other than English. Foreign languages are allowed in forum signatures as long as a.) it is not in violation of the Code of Conduct, b.) not in a different character set, i.e. , and c.) a correct translation of the signature be provided upon request.

XsX_Invader2
Mortal
posted 13 August 2005 03:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 161       
wouldn't that be a violation of the first amendment? lol

anyway here's what he said (he translated it...)

hi i'm haz. can you do a job for me? help me with a triggered map? ty!

:P

papaya
ಠ_ಠ
posted 13 August 2005 03:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 161       
What does he want help with tho?

Reinfire
Mortal
posted 13 August 2005 04:48 PM EDT (US)     14 / 161       
@ harrison600.

I am sorry, but I am afraid I cant help you with your map. If you need help for your map, you can look in the F.A.Q of this forum, or the guide to editor tips and tricks (look at the stickied threads). If you still have questions, you can ask them in the Question thread (made by ArcticWind7)

Good luck on your map

Reinfire

Reinfire
TitanHeart
Banned
posted 13 August 2005 05:47 PM EDT (US)     15 / 161       
I remember been in the BETA Test of Doom Lords 1 - That was sooooo cool. I'll download this, surely.
game_master64
Mortal
posted 14 August 2005 01:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 161       
Doom Lords 1 may have very well been the best game i've ever played on eso and I hope that this one is just as good if not better. Just plz don't use a guardian for a boss like some people do. They take so damn long to kill.
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 14 August 2005 05:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 161       
I can assure you that this map is 100% Guardian-free

Quote:

I remember been in the BETA Test of Doom Lords 1 - That was sooooo cool. I'll download this, surely.

Wow, than u remember more than me, I cant remember doing any BETA tests. (It may be my memory failing here.)

Reinfire
LuCkyMaN
Mortal
posted 21 August 2005 04:53 AM EDT (US)     18 / 161       
Reinfire you should definately make it more exciting with interesting twists,witty remarks, maybe even a few jokes here and their. You should also make a custom soundtrack using the music files in your sound folder. A few more cinematics would also be nice. If you do this you might just revolutionize aom...hehehe
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 21 August 2005 05:22 AM EDT (US)     19 / 161       
he won't beable to do that, doom lords is multiplayer and you can only send scenario files over ESO not sound files so no new music within reason.

But yes more jokes that would be nice

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 21 August 2005 06:35 AM EDT (US)     20 / 161       
Oh I got some unexpected stuff in this scenario, dont worry about that. As for the jokes, I might add 1 or 2, but I want the game to remain serious

Reinfire
TitanHeart
Banned
posted 21 August 2005 08:33 AM EDT (US)     21 / 161       
Reinfire, I played this game yesterday called Doom Lords 2, and people are really ripping off you're ideas. If you want the file to inspect it, tell me and i'll go on ESO.
SpamR
Mortal
posted 21 August 2005 01:10 PM EDT (US)     22 / 161       
I like doom lords, are you about to make a doom lords 3?

SpamR
On ESO : Martijn_the_god

Reinfire
Mortal
posted 21 August 2005 03:04 PM EDT (US)     23 / 161       
@ Titan.

No need man, I allready saw that map. I dont care about that noob

Reinfire
LuCkyMaN
Mortal
posted 21 August 2005 07:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 161       
Newreach you don't understand.... There is music files that came with the campaign so everyone already has them and they are pretty good^.^ Very suspensful and what not.
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 21 August 2005 07:46 PM EDT (US)     25 / 161       
Yay! Dooms Lords 2! Just please dont make it so laggy in the beginning. IE: Make it so so you dont have all triggers activating in one second. Space them out.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames