You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How can I convert camera tracks to .avi?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How can I convert camera tracks to .avi?
Crypto
Mortal
posted 28 October 2005 10:19 AM EDT (US)         
Hey there,

I have a question, does anyone know how I can convert my camera tracks to a movie file like .avi or .mpeg? You see, I'm making a project for school and for that project I have designed a map and a camera track that sort of flies over the whole map. Is it possible to somehow save that track to a file so that I can play it in MediaPlayer e.g.? Any help would be very nice.

Making a movie with Age of Empires III.
AuthorReplies:
jml
Mortal
posted 28 October 2005 11:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I'm kind of working on this and until now the only solution seems to be... recording your... screen? 'sounds a bit simple but...
deathman rts nl
Mortal
posted 28 October 2005 11:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
You can download fraps99 at www.fraps.com you can record your cameratrack till 30 sec, to record longer, you'll need to pay for the extended version

(¯`·._.·[DEATHMAN RTS NL]·._.·´¯)

check out the demo of Ghost ahoy 4.4

[This message has been edited by deathman rts nl (edited 10-28-2005 @ 11:38 AM).]

CaveTown
Immortal
posted 28 October 2005 04:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I have the full version, so I can record more mwuhahahahahaha!

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
The Ex God
Mortal
posted 29 October 2005 00:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
I hate those trials. One time I downloaded something off downloads.com and it was SO bad.. but heres what they said:

"<paintprogram> is one of the top file editing and making programs in the world. We compete with Photoshop, a well known and boasted image editing program. We garuntee that our program will help do just about anything."

I tried it out. Turns out in the 'trial' version you can only use paint, pencil, and circle. *rolls eyes*

ChonKatarn
Mortal
posted 29 October 2005 00:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
heh, happens alot.

I wish that they would just say "we want money" and be done with it...

Edit: nice pic jml...

~Dedicated Leader of~
Kalos Designs Studio
"A new epoch in Age of Mythology Design"

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

[This message has been edited by ChonKatarn (edited 10-29-2005 @ 00:44 AM).]

Crypto
Mortal
posted 29 October 2005 05:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Too bad there isn't some sort of programme that converts .rcx or other files to .avi
Crypto
Mortal
posted 01 November 2005 06:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
This might save the day!: GameCam. It does the same as FRAPS only there's no 30 seconds limit! Go to www.planetgamecam.comfor a free version.

Making a movie with Age of Empires III.
Nodgene
Mortal
posted 01 November 2005 07:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Why didn't anybody tell me of this BEFORE I had to get it for video-editing assignments at the tech!?

Besides, fraps files are unusable on systems that do not have the fraps codec - so you'll need to get a programe like "VirtualDub", import the video files - and configure the compression by going to Video > Compression *click*
Then select a compression that will work, like Radeux I think, or something similar... Begins with R... The point is that that compression will compress the file - making it smaller and usable on non-fraps systems.
Uncompressed fraps files are huge, I'd imagine the other type are the same - unless your into video-editing and have equipment to support - you'll need a smaller filesize for transport of some variety.

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.

[This message has been edited by Nodgene (edited 11-01-2005 @ 07:22 AM).]

CaveTown
Immortal
posted 01 November 2005 05:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quote:

Besides, fraps files are unusable on systems that do not have the fraps codec - so you'll need to get a programe like "VirtualDub", import the video files - and configure the compression by going to Video > Compression *click*

I just edit the fraps files with windows movie maker really quick .

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames