Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenerio Design
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenerio Design
Evil_Fishy AOM
Mortal
posted 30 January 2006 05:14 PM EDT (US)         
Im making a 4-6 player map and( Im not sure if this will work or not) I need to find out if there is a way to camera cut so it follow the movement of a unit. Like you were looking through it's eyes. Please let me know if there is. Merci.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) *Helping bunny take over the world for that stranger*

[This message has been edited by Evil_Fishy AOM (edited 01-30-2006 @ 05:31 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Villi
Mortal
posted 30 January 2006 05:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Yes it's possible with the "Camera cut unit" (Or "CAmera cut object"; don't remember) effect in the nxt3/nxe3. Loop it and t'll follow the unit. It'll work rather poorly for a MP scenario though, as the cut is for all players.

I think FOG.
Evil_Fishy AOM
Mortal
posted 30 January 2006 05:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
hmmm...ok thanks anyway :\ Ill have to figure something else then

[This message has been edited by Evil_Fishy AOM (edited 01-30-2006 @ 05:40 PM).]

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 31 January 2006 05:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
hey Evil_Fishy,
camera cut on loop, will only follow the unit a 45 degree angle and from a high position, not what you want.
To have the camera move like from a position of the eyes, you can do it perhaps by using a trick of seting the camera to the position/height you want during cinematics, and then exit cinematics. The camera will be stuck in that position and will be moved by the player, but wont follow the unit you want. There was an article a long time ago, on how to make the camera be at certain angle/height, search for it.
Also a warning, if the camera is kind'a horizontal and you turn towards the middle of the map, then the influx of the info is so great that it's going to lag like hell and perhaps even cause a crash of the game.

ehm, that's all I guess

regards

the Elder
"imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein
jml
Mortal
posted 31 January 2006 06:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
@ Evil_Fishy AOM
First, I know nothing about multiplayers game.
Second, the only one way I know to get " une camera subjective ", ( I'm practicing a little french here, long time I haven't... 'never know, 'could be useful one beautiful day, if these lover boys ever wake up from their last red wine party... ) is to use Reyk's editor for AOM vanilla or Titans in the download section.
And what Villi is saying sounds very interesting too by the way... In my Vanilla only, I get a lot of different Effects such as Camera cut hero, camera cut protounit, etc... That might be very smart and do it!
Padekoi.
V01ture
Mortal
posted 31 January 2006 08:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Welcome Fishy! Do what Villi said, and it should work fine, but for MP, it will most likely cause mass lag.

Be sure, the next time you post a question, post it here.

[url]http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,21442,0,10[/ur]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames