Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Newbie
Bottom
Topic Subject:Newbie
Egypts_Priestess
Mortal
posted 25 April 2006 03:26 AM EDT (US)         
Greetings! I've been a long time player of AOM and have begun to dabble in the ways of making my own scenario.
I'm making a Mythodea type game and have encountered a few examples. (Please let me know if there are already existing threads ive scanned a bunch of them but found nothing regarding my problems)

-Lose triggers. I know I have to set lose conditions for each player and have done so this is what i have thus far...
Trigger(player#_lose)Condition-Is Dead Effect - Set Player Deafeated -Buildings are Destroyed (i know the importance of having the players and triggers etc listed in according order)

Problem- when i test play in the scenario I dont even have to move a unit before the game is over (which is about 10 or so seconds)

-Regenerating Fighters
Trigger (Active,Loop checked) Condition -Player Pop -Timer -Units in Area and i have my numbers etc set up Effect Army Deploy

Problem even though i have player 2 set up automatically (sorry i dont know AI yet) to have fighters it doesnt. it should be automatically because i have the player in front of the set fighter.

Like I said im really new to this and would appreciate any advice. =) and i have experimented and discovered things on my own (such as Gaia Diplomacy lol) but this really has my stumped anyways thanks again for your time and sorry if the post is long i tried to be as descriptive as possible
(edit: sorry i tried to post this in the sticky but dont know how to get this moved)

[This message has been edited by Egypts_Priestess (edited 04-25-2006 @ 03:29 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
jml
Mortal
posted 25 April 2006 06:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
@ Egypts_Priestess
I'm not sure I get all of this, but regarding the:
Editor --> Scenario --> Scenario Data:
Uncheck " Use Victory Conditions ".
That might do it. And if it does not, keep it for latter... You won't have to place town centers for every player, be worried a Wonder could win the game, forced to use more than one player, occupy all the settlements without having to win the game, etc... anymore.
Citrus Caesar
Mortal
(id: The Guarding One)
posted 25 April 2006 12:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Welcome to Age of Mythology Heaven, Egypts_Priestess!

Quote:

-Lose triggers. I know I have to set lose conditions for each player and have done so this is what i have thus far...
Trigger(player#_lose)Condition-Is Dead Effect - Set Player Deafeated -Buildings are Destroyed (i know the importance of having the players and triggers etc listed in according order)

If the trigger is active and you have forgotten to assign a unit to the condition, the trigger fires as the computer assumes the unit is dead. I had this problem when designing, and the game often ended as I had forgotten to set which unit had to be dead for the "Lose" trigger to work.... Perhaps this is your problem?

If you want to improve your trigger skills, should you need to, trigger guides can be found here.

Maid, I don't think that will be necessary.
Sir Dundo
Mortal
posted 25 April 2006 12:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Hey, Egypts_Priestess, you're one cool newbie!!

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
/¯¯¯¯\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/¯¯¯¯\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\_/
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../
nuclear arbitor
Mortal
posted 29 April 2006 11:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
in god is wachting u cant give units to comps unless they a ded human, try doing a multiplayer testing with a friend or something.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames