Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.25 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Relic
Bottom
Topic Subject:Relic
sweetname
Mortal
posted 04 July 2006 09:02 PM EDT (US)         
I've been tinkering around in the editor, in preparation for my newest scenario, and I realized that you can use the condition "Unit Is Garrisoned In" to fire events when relics are garrisoned in heros. I then changed the text in the "Container Type" box to restrict the event to firing only when certain units pick up the relic (for example "Hero Greek Ajax" or "Old Man").

I want to take it a step further though and restrict the event based on a certain player's unit that garrisons the relic.

For example...

If there are two Ajax's on a blank map with a relic and I want effect A to fire when player one's Ajax picks up the relic, but effect B to fire when player two's Ajax picks up the relic.

I tried doing something like this in the "Container Type" box, but to no effect: {player(1)}Hero Greek Ajax.

AuthorReplies:
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 05 July 2006 05:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 25       
QUESTION THREAD
QUESTION THREAD
QUESTION THREAD

Now that we have that out of the way:
Once a relic is picked up by a hero, the relic belongs to the player the hero belongs to, so if you pick up a relic with the hero from player 1, the relics belongs to player 1. And if player 2 picks it up, the relic belongs to player 2.

Conclusion:
-Use the condition "Unit Owned"
-Use the question thread

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
sweetname
Mortal
posted 05 July 2006 02:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25       
Thanks Paperfriend.

How about don't be an asshole? - Cirruis

I defended you when Cirruis said that by the way.

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 05 July 2006 03:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25       
I know
But you can still use it, I come there atleast every 2 days.

No matter what you say
sweetname
Mortal
posted 05 July 2006 04:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25       
I'll think about it ...
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 05 July 2006 05:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25       
That isn't correct answer:

You won't "think" about it, you will do it.

No matter what you say
Glitch
Mortal
posted 05 July 2006 05:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25       
To do something you have to think first.

If you didn't think you would never do anything.

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • sweetname
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 05:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25       
    This is why I love Paperfriend so much.

But anyways, the reason I don't post in the "question thread" is because most of the time the questions I ask are of a more in-depth nature. And regardless of what anyone here says, most of the questions found in the question thread are of a "beginner" quality.

Because so many people ask so many random/easy questions in the question thread many forumers do not regularly visit there. This means that by creating my own thread I am much more likely to receive a satisfactory answer.

Now, I'm not completely against the "question thread", but in my honest opinion I find it rather redundant to have a thread devoted specifically to "questions" when the whole purpose of creating new threads is to ask questions (with the exception of announcements). If you look around at other forums you'd find that AOMH is very much in the minority concerning its incorporation of one specific "question thread".

Another advantage to creating my own thread is that people can read the title and know the subject matter instantly, meaning that those who are interested in the topic matter will be drawn to respond whereas those who have little interest or expertise will most likely shy away. It also creates less confusion, because readers can easily sort out who is answering what.

And creating new threads doesn't cost AOMH "space", my posts would contain the same amount of text if it were placed in the "question thread", they would simply be filed differently.

EDIT: By the way, Paperfriend, I tested your suggestion using "army owned" with the relic as an army and it worked perfectly.

[This message has been edited by sweetname (edited 07-05-2006 @ 05:32 PM).]

Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 05:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25       
    One big happy community

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • Weezer
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 05:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25       
    Wow ur an idiot sweetname. Your acting like you think your smarter than everybody, because your questions are "in depth". Ohhhhh! You must be a big boy now that your questions aren't in the question thread.

Some of the questions are way more complicated than this. You didn't have to right all this but you chose to because you didn't want to use the question thread.

Why are you wasting your time and reading this?
    Paperfriend
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 05:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25       
    I suggest to anyone to use the question thread first, if after 3 days they didn't get the answer or somebody stated they didn't know the answer (an advanced designer, I think it is quite obious if your dealing with noobs), you can create your own thread.

No matter what you say
    sweetname
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 05:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25       
    Weezer, I wouldn't necessarily define myself as "smarter", but I would definitely call my writing more distinguished than yours for instance.

And in the future, if you want your replies to be taken seriously than I suggest you actually address some of the arguments made, rather than simply bash the character of the person making them.

@Paperfriend

I'm sorry to disagree so heartily with one of my favorite colleagues, but why on earth would I want to wait three days to get a question answered when I can create my own thread and receive feedback in just a few short hours, if not minutes?

[This message has been edited by sweetname (edited 07-05-2006 @ 05:57 PM).]

Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 05:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25       
    Happy, happy, happy

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • MagmaLord
    Mortal
    (id: darkdude)
    posted 05 July 2006 05:59 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25       

Quote:

your questions are "in depth". Ohhhhh! You must be a big boy now that your questions aren't in the question thread.

WTF that deserves a thread in HoV.

Paperfriend
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:21 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25       

Quote:

I'm sorry to disagree so heartily with one of my favorite colleagues, but why on earth would I want to wait three days to get a question answered when I can create my own thread and receive feedback in just a few short hours, if not minutes?

Well ok, one day because it is you. But people that come to the question thread also come to question threadS and people that don't come to the question thread don't come in the question threadS. Some times we do indeed skip a question, and that is regrettable, but I don't think the whole designing forum should be spammed with question threads, if anything, ask Papaya to even a special forum for them, that way we can also get rid of some of the stupid stickies here. (Like King Jared welcome thread, you could just move the question thread and rename it to basic questions thread or something...

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 07-05-2006 @ 06:22 PM).]

sweetname
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 25       
    A moderator needs to post here please.

I think I can reach a compromise with you Paperfriend. Let's rid ourselves of the useless stickies, like King Jared's, and let's rename your "question thread" to "FAQ, Guides, and Basic Questions". Then you can put in a link to an FAQ (hopefully a larger one), put in the links to Guides, and open up the rest to basic questions for people who just need a quick answer or two.

Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:32 PM EDT (US)     16 / 25       
    And here we hit our core problem.

......the moderators

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • sweetname
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25       
    I'm pretty sure that moderators are normal people and that their elevated status is simply a superficial method to provide some sort of control within the forums, not because they are any more intelligent or capable. I will maintain therefore, that any decent person can see the logic in our proposal and would act accordingly.
    Paperfriend
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:36 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25       
    King Jared is a garden gnome, go read his biography and you know what I mean. I don't know if gnomes think logical.

No matter what you say
    Cirruis
    Banned
    posted 05 July 2006 06:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25       
    I hate you guys.
    sweetname
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:40 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25       
    We love you too Cirrius.
    nottud
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:50 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25       
    Ok, use owned by player, the relic changes ownership if picked up to the player who did it!

Tada!, the solution!

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:51 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25       
    The moderators are lazy They're not messed up or anything.

Quote:

I hate you guys.

I love you

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • sweetname
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2006 06:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25       
    @nottud

Yes, if you read the earlier posts you would realize that my question was answered already by Paperfriend.

Cirruis
    Banned
    posted 05 July 2006 07:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25       
    My dogs too scared to venture further into our yard so he just starting peeing no the patio and now I have to go hose it down and fill the little gaps inbetween the tile things with dirt.
    papaya
    ಠ_ಠ
    (id: X_MOSS)
    posted 05 July 2006 07:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25       
    Cirruis, stop spamming. Now that the question has been answered, there is no more reason to post.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
    its happening now and itís always been like this.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames