You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Recruiting ~---~ Need Help with ~The Soul Piper~
Bottom
Topic Subject:Recruiting ~---~ Need Help with ~The Soul Piper~
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Celsus
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 11:39 AM EDT (US)         
I am making a new scenario called ~The Soul Piper~

This is an RPG it will be avalable as a single player or multiplayer download (the single plaer version will have music and such...)

So basiclly its about a group of heroes who have just finnished a quest and when they get back to their village, its gone...they there is no ruins, its just gone. They travel around and there are monsters and creatures aswell as wounded troops that will join u on your journey around the barenland. So you continue to the center of where your village once lay, and there is a dieing old priest. He tells you, that a demon, called the soul piper came, with thousands. He destroyed the city, and he was going to destroy the much larger cities around you. You continue searching around there ruins in which the priest lies and find a sky passage, you and your folowers go into this and find themselves a bringht place, The Soul Piper Hollow. So you descend down the road, and reach the Throne, there sits, The Soul Piper. Eyes Closed.

An imp scampers around and the main character (not saying his name) Grabs him and tells him whats happening. He responds. He tells you that the Soul Piper helps dead souls understand their death, but if the souls become to angry the Soul Piper's eyes begin to open, once fully open, the soul piper transforms from his Peacefull Piping body, into a ferocious demon. Souls are circling the Soul Piper and he playing his pipe, but then suddenly, one of the souls falters. The soul pipers eyes begin to open, and then, he transforms into a powerfull demon and tries to kill all in its path, the Piper is no more, now it is a demon bent out on killing everything in front of it.

The rest of the story will be revealed in the story.

more will be added post if you want to help.
And i do need lots of help this is a big scenario, loads of triggers i want them operational.

Join the true beings serve, The Woad.

[This message has been edited by Celsus (edited 09-28-2006 @ 10:13 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
deathman rts nl
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 11:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43       
I like the Idea, but you should post more info on wether I'd participate or not.

(¯`·._.·[DEATHMAN RTS NL]·._.·´¯)

check out the demo of Ghost ahoy 4.4
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 11:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43       
And you should use the other recruiting threads you made (anyone).

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
Dregornn
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 08:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43       
Umm dude...the storyline.. sorry but its a bit weak. I mean cmon the village is gone and they need to find this dude? you need to think of somthing to go through with it

The Nexus Design Team is now looking to recruit more people. If your talented in map creation go sign up Here
Apocalypse Studios is also looking for members. If you're interested and talented, sign up Here
Celsus
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 10:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 43       
what do you mean?

Dregornn
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 10:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 43       
Well so far youre storyline is this guy got back from his adventure his village is gone so hes gota find this guy its kind of short and very little detail

The Nexus Design Team is now looking to recruit more people. If your talented in map creation go sign up Here
Apocalypse Studios is also looking for members. If you're interested and talented, sign up Here
Cirruis
Banned
posted 28 September 2006 00:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 43       
I'm sorry, but after playing your previouse map I would never play this or any other maps you've made, let alone work with you.
Celsus
Mortal
posted 28 September 2006 09:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 43       
Then why post? and you downloaded the wrong one.

I edited the story

[This message has been edited by Celsus (edited 09-28-2006 @ 10:13 AM).]

Wolf123
Mortal
posted 28 September 2006 02:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 43       
ok...hmmm...cirruis thats a nice comment "Sarcastic
"

i might help you, but id like to see some of your previous work.

You can reach me by

charlie_murphy14@hotmail.com

TheOnlyMonkey

AOM ESO NAME: TheOnlyMonkey
Current Project: "Legacy of Eragon"

+-+----TheOnlyMonkey---+-+

[This message has been edited by Wolf123 (edited 09-28-2006 @ 02:42 PM).]

Dregornn
Mortal
posted 28 September 2006 06:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43       
Cirrow im sorry man but do you have to be such a jerk about things? you act like your a scenario god and not to be a critic but you have only made a few popular maps and most arent played at all anymore. tone down ur posts man

Cirruis
Banned
posted 28 September 2006 08:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43       
I act like a scenerio god? What? I downloaded his prevouse map for like 15 minutes and then I got sdtuck ina cinimatic. So I looked at the map and it was grass and some destroyers. I went to the next level, got stuck again looked at the map and it was a few hoplites. I gave up after that, it was the stupidist thing I've ever seen.

Now, a scenerio god compared to that map right there could be a crappy escape you would play online. Also, don't tell me what to do. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Gosh, I'm not the only troller anymore, theres like 4 others now.

[This message has been edited by Cirruis (edited 09-28-2006 @ 08:20 PM).]

Celsus
Mortal
posted 30 September 2006 02:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43       
@Cirrus

Ok i've had a about enough $h!t from you.

Shut up.

Some grass and a few destroyers? Excuse me but...THATS WHAT TRIGGERS ARE FOR!

If you hate people so much why post in a Community?
Dont even read my posts if you hate me so much...GOsh.
Check this out

[This message has been edited by Celsus (edited 09-30-2006 @ 02:09 PM).]

papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 30 September 2006 02:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 43       
Ok, tone down the flaming a little bit. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, you need to respect that. But don't go overboard. Say something, then move on, don't keep posting about how something sucks, etc. I'm not saying that anyone did, just don't in the future.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 30 September 2006 03:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43       

Quote:

@Cirrus
Ok i've had a about enough $h!t from you.
Shut up.
Some grass and a few destroyers? Excuse me but...THATS WHAT TRIGGERS ARE FOR!
If you hate people so much why post in a Community?
Dont even read my posts if you hate me so much...GOsh.
Check this out

Cirruis has given critisism on your map, and all you said was that he should shut up (or shut the **** up, actually,) instead you should take his advice, and improve your map, Cirruis isn't a scenario god, but he is more experienced then you.

Next to that, triggers don't make up for an ugly map, every map needs eye-candy, even if the game play is more important.

No matter what you say
Dregornn
Mortal
posted 30 September 2006 04:05 PM EDT (US)     14 / 43       
no he friggin acts like hes the best with his 2 decent game streak he acts like he knows everything. Now if the game was seriously that bad i understand but friggin go easy on people not everybody knows what the heck theyre doing.. and yeh your entitled to your opinion but make ur opinion a little less annoying u tick people off... all i said was you need to calm down a bit dont be such a god danged moron.. be a little bit nicer not such an idiot all the time

[This message has been edited by Dregornn (edited 09-30-2006 @ 04:08 PM).]

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 30 September 2006 04:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43       
If he didn't show his opinion, then the scenario wouldn't improve, that the message the scenario is bad isn't nice to here is no reason not to say it.

No matter what you say
AdZyZ
Mortal
posted 30 September 2006 10:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43       
I'm gonna see what this is all about. I'm gonna download it.

Edit: It's 34MB?!
Bit big. Hopefully it's at least partially worth it.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 09-30-2006 @ 10:55 PM).]

Dregornn
Mortal
posted 30 September 2006 11:40 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43       
i know without the opinion theres no point in this but what im saying is he needs to be a little less of a jerk about it.

AdZyZ
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 00:15 AM EDT (US)     18 / 43       
Ok, Emperor isn't very good. I'm sorry.

Sorry, but the harsh truth needs to be heard. I'm not just trying to mean, I really mean what I say. And I want to help you make better quality scenarios.

1. Vary you're terrain and map heights.
In "Emperor", all you did was use grass A. With 95% of the map being flat.

2. Spend time on your map design.
Time is needed to produce quality maps. Go over it time and time again, until you really believe it's the best you can deliver.

3. Check out the eyecandy thread. Absorb it.
I don't think I saw a single rock in your campaign.
You need to make the scenario's look natural and appealing to the eye.

4. Download some quality campaign's, and see what they require.
We have plenty of high-rated campaigns in the downloads section.

5. Don't add so many units.
The mass battle's are boring. They can lag, and are stupid to control.

6. Do a lot of research, and make a lot of maps before you release you're next one.
Trust me. You need to.

Please, don't take this so much as an insult. Constructive Criticism, with a bit of an opinion mixed in =P

Good luck.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 10-03-2006 @ 03:04 AM).]

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 03:30 AM EDT (US)     19 / 43       
See? We are trying to help

No matter what you say
Tombit
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 07:39 AM EDT (US)     20 / 43       
If your going to say that a scenario is the worst you've ever played in your life, and saying why, you may as well go another step and explain how to improve it.

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 07:59 AM EDT (US)     21 / 43       

Quoted from Cirruis:

Half the cinis and levels didn't work

Quoted from Cirruis:

I downloaded his prevouse map for like 15 minutes and then I got sdtuck ina cinimatic. So I looked at the map and it was grass and some destroyers. I went to the next level, got stuck again looked at the map and it was a few hoplites.

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 10-01-2006 @ 08:00 AM).]

Celsus
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 11:52 AM EDT (US)     22 / 43       
thanks AdZyZ and supporters.

loki_1
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 12:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43       
Yea Celsus were only trying to support and inprove your work. But since we have right to opinion I honestly think Cirruis did go a little overboard with the first time he posted in here.

(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)
Loki_1
Proud Leader of Balor of Shadows
Click here to visit
`.¸¸.´´¯¯``._.´
azalot
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 01:01 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43       
Celsus i just dled our campaign...... and uhh....

Well it WAS suckiest campaign i have ever seen. Cirruis was right, you have no right to kill him for telling the truth.
Reasons:

1.Map design. you had flat grass map with 10000 units on it
and nothing else.
2.Triggers. You had 1-3 triggers in your map which were:
Win , Lose , message.

Do this: make better map , spend time on it,dont leave it blank and so.

Learn to make triggers to make your campaign more exciting it just isnt enough to have 1 shitty building and 15 units in center of the map and objective is: destroy building.

So dont make any new projects, First learn to do scenarios.

[This message has been edited by azalot (edited 10-01-2006 @ 01:02 PM).]

loki_1
Mortal
posted 01 October 2006 03:45 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43       
Hey azalot, never seen any of your projects but I bet there the best(I just used sarcasm yay)

(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)
Loki_1
Proud Leader of Balor of Shadows
Click here to visit
`.¸¸.´´¯¯``._.´

[This message has been edited by loki_1 (edited 10-01-2006 @ 03:46 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames