You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » I've found something that may help in scenario designing
Bottom
Topic Subject:I've found something that may help in scenario designing
Eddie114569684
Mortal
posted 14 October 2006 11:34 PM EDT (US)         
Well lately i've been making an escape game when i stumbled upon the fact that if i were to have a shop that used all four resources, i'd have to make all units free. All that was fine until i faced the problem of timeshifting. I couldn't find a way to eliminate time shifting costs. I tried doing the modify protounit-timeshift in and timeshift out but none if it helped. Then i started experimenting with the other options for the modify protounit stats(you know with the Speed,LOS, hand attack hack etc.) I found something interesting about the stat BUILD POINTS. I'm not sure if it's suppose to do this(maybe it's a glitch or something) but if i modify protounit sky passage, then i click BUILD POINTS and then make the delta -100 or less, i'm able to build the sky passage instantly where ever i can normally build it without touching it. It doesn't seem to work anywhere between 0 and -100 and i haven't tried it with numbers over 0 but i just thought i'd share this.
AuthorReplies:
Dregornn
Mortal
posted 14 October 2006 11:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
its been discovered..matter in fact was used in one of the auto escapes..

The Nexus Design Team is now looking to recruit more people. If your talented in map creation go sign up Here
Apocalypse Studios is also looking for members. If you're interested and talented, sign up Here
Eddie114569684
Mortal
posted 14 October 2006 11:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
o alright then disregard this whole topic.

Btw wat does train points do. I haven't experimented with that yet.

Also i've posted this question in the topmost FAQ thingie but nobody seems to be answering:
How do i change god power reuse times?

Cirruis
Banned
posted 14 October 2006 11:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
I'm pretty sure the screen name "Eddie" hasn't been taken.
Cheddar Chap
Mortal
(id: The Cheese Man)
posted 15 October 2006 00:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Yeah, seriosly what's with all the numbers?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
Eddie114569684
Mortal
posted 15 October 2006 00:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
lol who cares. I like my math, enough said -_-

I wouldn't have minded if you also posted a reply to my question.......

Cirruis
Banned
posted 15 October 2006 01:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I don't understand your gp question but...

If you grant several atlantean powers to a player and they have to recharge, clear god powers in between them and thye can use it over and over.

Clarify please.
No idea 'bout the train points.

Tombit
Mortal
posted 15 October 2006 02:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Train points affect how long it takes a unit to be created inside buildings, just like build points affects how long a building takes to be created.

Wurmish
Mortal
posted 15 October 2006 08:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I used build/train points for my Competition Escape that never caught on... apparently too complicated for simpletons to understand the basic concepts -.-
As for timeshifting costs, I also tried finding out about that. I have found absolutely nothing, no tech, not modifying costs, nothing I have done has changed the costs.
I do have one or two last ideas that remain unpursued. And no, they are my discoveries if I want to find them! Not for you to find out about until I say so! For me to find first and actually beat nottud at finding something! *audience gasps*

So, yeah, question answered. Oh, I believe that build/train points represent how many seconds a unit takes to build/create without any upgrades. So if you modify build points to be less than the base amount (say a manor takes 40 seconds, and you mod it to -45) the building will collapse if timeshifted and possibly built (haven't tested the latter, or units yet).

Something something a quarter of a century old.
Dregornn
Mortal
posted 15 October 2006 10:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Yeh people arent into complicated things because alot of people are idiots and dont understand it..

The Nexus Design Team is now looking to recruit more people. If your talented in map creation go sign up Here
Apocalypse Studios is also looking for members. If you're interested and talented, sign up Here
nottud
Hero
posted 16 October 2006 04:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
I posted an artical about this already earlier on - not too long ago actually.. Well done anyway.

What you havn't said that if you put the build points to 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.0 then the building will instantly shift but will have less than 1 health!

Unfortunately you were beaten to it by the destructo-matic-nottud.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-16-2006 @ 04:41 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames