You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » I need some help...
Bottom
Topic Subject:I need some help...
Pelle123
Mortal
posted 18 June 2007 04:52 PM EDT (US)         
How I can make a computer player to train an army of; for example 15 hoplites and when they all are ready, after few sec they attack?
AuthorReplies:
Milkman Matty
Mortal
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 18 June 2007 05:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Is this inside the editor/ a map that you have made or in a normal RMS game? ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Pelle123
Mortal
posted 18 June 2007 06:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
It's in the map editor... I'm trying to make somekind of campaign Btw is it possible somehow to create custom units (like a new hero) without the Titans expansion?
SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 18 June 2007 06:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
You mean like a new design for the unit and everything? That would be modding. Either way, I suggest you get the Titans Expansion. I bet almost everyone here has it.
Pelle123
Mortal
posted 18 June 2007 07:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I want to create new unit that looks like Ajax! I just don't know can i change the name etc... and yeah I
think I will get it The Titans soon... It's just that in Finnish stores there aren't Titans expansions or the original AoM... Only place i know is one online store where is only the gold edition but even if i already have the original AoM i think i'll buy it
TartarianCerberus
Mortal
(id: Cerberus_001)
posted 20 June 2007 01:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
If you only want to change the name of a unit, use the trigger, "Change Name". If you also want to edit the units stats, use the trigger "Modify Protounit". If you want to change the appearance of a unit, that's modding, and you can find guides here.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.

"If I threw up on you, you'd be pissed." -Big Baby, House MD

sporeh censusmaster, mafiamaster, competitionmaster, showcasemaster

aomh | sporeh | pds | website | sign up for unicellular mafia at sporeh
Pelle123
Mortal
posted 21 June 2007 02:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Thanks! Still i need some help with this question
How i can make a computer player to train units (Example, hoplites)?

[This message has been edited by Pelle123 (edited 06-21-2007 @ 02:43 PM).]

Markorat
Mortal
posted 21 June 2007 04:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Well if it's a campaign, you're better off using triggers to make the computer player SEEM to be training units.

I hope you understand the basics of triggers, or you won't get anywhere to begin with.

Just decide where you want those 15 hoplites, and have the game deploy an army of them at the desired location with the Army Deploy trigger.

If you want them one by one, have the game deploy a hoplite every few seconds, and have another trigger wait 15 times longer to do a Disable Trigger on the one that spawns the hoplites.

If it looks like im speaking Latin here, then you need to learn more about triggers and armies.

Give a man fire, and he will be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hilarious Muppets Blooper Video!
Pelle123
Mortal
posted 21 June 2007 05:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I mostly understand what you mean... i'm gonna try it right now.. Thanks
FenrirKeyblade
Mortal
posted 21 June 2007 05:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Or You could use cinematic blocks and change them into hoplites and then at the given time move them with another trigger.

~O.Fenrir.O~
<.o\Keyblade/o.>
(
/^\)
\./
Pelle123
Mortal
posted 21 June 2007 06:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
I got something with this:

I first placed 9 hoplites to the map in editor. Then i made one-unit army of every one hoplite and then deleted the units from the map. I made triggers with

condition; Timer 15
and
effects; army deploy (the hoplite i want to train)
army move to unit (cinematic blocks)
fire event (next hoplite to train)

(I made own trigger for all hoplites)

I got small problems with few hoplites... 8. and 9. didn't move to the cinematic blocks from their spawning spots and when the 4. one started moving, somehow the 2. one started too...
SonofNuyo
Mortal
posted 22 June 2007 00:23 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Wait, if you have one army for the deployment, this means that all of them are considered one army, and thus should all technically move to the same target. If you spawn Army 1, and instruct Army 1 to move to a point, all of Army 1 will move to that point. Also, army actions for gaia work almost always (see it in many maps, like survival). Try using gaia commands and then have a converter, then it should work, I think. Also,for condition, if you want only 15 hoplites, have player unit count (player of attacker, unit count 15) in the spawn and convert triggers, so you wont have 30+ hoplites invading your base.

Aww, can't use images here, guess I'll have to use some random text stuff. Uhh... How about "You're too slow!" ~Sonic or, umm... IT'S OVER 9000!!
~Click here if I've beaten you in Brawl~

[This message has been edited by SonofNuyo (edited 06-22-2007 @ 00:25 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames