Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Ψ~Ĉăŧ~Ăŋđ~Мїċę~Ŋōŗē~Ψ
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ψ~Ĉăŧ~Ăŋđ~Мїċę~Ŋōŗē~Ψ
MatoR
Mortal
posted 21 June 2007 08:21 PM EDT (US)         

~Story~

The cat has cast a spell, putting the world in a shroud of shadows so the gods can not intervene, and has broken out of the prison that the gods have tried so hard to keep him in... He is breaking through the final barrier to the world of man. With his army following close behind. You, the mice, need to escape from him untill the shroud the cat has created has worn away enough so that the gods can send him back to his prison. Or if you are strong and bold, you can kill him yourself! But you are so weak compared to his might. You start with a Roc from egypt, a sorcerer from greece, and you and your builders are from the norselands.

~Features~

• The mice gain special* god powers each time you age up, and halfway into the game you get better god powers.
  • The cat also gets special* god powers, 1 every 1/8 into the game and 2/8 into the game and so on...
  • There are two Gerom Trees with temples... If you repair the temple you will summon the all powerful Gerom bird!
  • There are 20 lightinings that form a working day-night cycle, and the olympus lighting makes heroes stronger, the dawn lighting makes human units stronger and eclipse makes myth units stronger!
  • There are inheritable sky passages across the map.
  • When you build a town center you inherit nearby buildings such as gates and sentinels.
  • It is my first scenario yet it has approximately 300 triggers and 55 camera tracks.
  • It is full of eyecandy!
  • Myth units are modified

*The god powers are custom, with the transform trigger, what they do is explained in the objectives of course!

~Starting Units~

The mice start with:
  • 1 hero, players one and two get brokk, while players 3 and four get eitri.
  • 3 Builders (Heroes of Ragnarok)
  • 1 Silver Healer (Valkyrie)
  • 1 Sorcerer [Circe]
  • And one Roc

Players one two also get one strong hunter.
    But players Three and four get two ravens, thier rocs are alot faster, and thier walls are stronger!

~Making the Scenario~

The scenario took me about 1 year to complete, and I started it from a bet/request. I was playing cat and mice maps for the first time, and this guy said I was good and so he asked me to make one. So I started building a cat and mice map!

I redid the entire scenario once, and I have gotten better at everything in AoM as I made the scenario.

It is a 400x400 map with 9 players, the last 4 are cpu's and players 1-4 are mice. While player 5 is cat.
    The diplomancy is auto adjusted when the game begins, via trigger, so no one has to worry about diplomancy!

The map is bound to challenge players in ESO and will be the best cat and mice map ever made...

~Progress~

Map~100%

Triggers~95%

Cinematics~100%

I only need to make it so that on age up the mice gain the god powers they need. I would love a "Tech Complete" Condition, trigger...

-Mator

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
    ._..........)..\__________________________________
    (_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
    .............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
    ............(@
    (`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.)

[This message has been edited by MatoR (edited 06-21-2007 @ 11:36 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Markorat
    Mortal
    posted 21 June 2007 08:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
    You spent longer preparing this post then you did making the map didn't you? =p

Still, I hope it turns out well.

Give a man fire, and he will be warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hilarious Muppets Blooper Video!
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 21 June 2007 08:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
    I'll playtest. Just tell me when.
    Eso: HGAlex.

MatoR
    Mortal
    posted 21 June 2007 09:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
    @ Markoat: If you read the post well it would say that I took one year on the map... The post took 1 hour.
    All thanks to GIMP!

@ Alex... YAY... This is great one playtester already!

Yes I do need playtesters, aom world... lol!

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
    ............(@
    Aomts_help911
    Mortal
    posted 21 June 2007 11:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
    Dang an actual worked on cat and mice gl hope to see it online

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • MatoR
    Mortal
    posted 21 June 2007 11:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
    Thanks Aomts_help911...

It means alot that my scenario is actually going to do something, I think it will be a great edition to the ESO servers...

Although a few things make me worried...

A: The map is big and great but it has a SMALL lack of building space.

B: There isn't as much room in the map to manuever as there is in other maps...

Its a little cramped...

C: Walls are already built in some places for the mice...

I hope it still is good, if not then I will toy arround with things in the editor, I might remove a river, I might even remove a cinematic thing and replace it with normal elevation.

But I still hope it is good...

BTW The first picture is from the opening cinematic, and the only added thing is the supernova/sun that you see in the upper right, but the rest is actually from the game!
    I made it with many dwarven gold mines with a whole bunch of increase prosperity large on top, and it doesn't lag, and it looks cool!!

-Mator

............(@
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 22 June 2007 10:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
    Ill help playtest if you need me.

Also if the eyecnady in the banners are from the map itself, its gonna pwn!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Azur
    Devil's Advocate
    (id: Azur_Fire)
    posted 22 June 2007 03:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
    Yes! Count me in to playtest! my account is Azur_fire or HG_Azur_Fire =D This map looks really awesome, i look forward to seeing it online =P
    AdZyZ
    Mortal
    posted 22 June 2007 11:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
    I'll playtest.

AdZyZ

Something you said earlier gave the impression it was an AOM map, meaning you wouldn't be playtesting with AOT players, but it couldnt be because you have Sky Passages. =]

-[Hello..
    MatoR
    Mortal
    posted 23 June 2007 01:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
    lol..

na....

I worked on it for 2 hrs tonight fixing stuff...

=0

............(@
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames