You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A very strange glitch - Starting a game in the mythic age!
Bottom
Topic Subject:A very strange glitch - Starting a game in the mythic age!
nottud
Mortal
posted 10 December 2007 05:17 PM EDT (US)         

(The game (Starting in mythic age for no good reason) yet everything looks like it has started in age 1. However titan gate research and mythic stuff are available although only age 1 myth units)

I have been playing around and now on this scenario everytime I playtest I start in the mythic age for no good reason. Yet no gods have been researched but titans are available. Even if I switch mode while looking in the editor it is in mythic. I have saved the scenario and reloaded it after starting the game and it is still mythic! Somehow the scenario has jammed in mythic! What on earth has happened.

I got into the mess in the first place by switching modes and opening player data and closing it all the time. If you open player data it resets all the techs for some reason. Yet, for some reason it does not reset the age you are in even though all the "looks" of buildings and stuff are of Age 1.

I do not know what has caused this but somehow the game has saved what age I start in without saving the stae of the buildings or whatever.

This all started when I was trying to make a trigger where the game would go into editor moded, toggle the gadget on and off so the techs would reset and change back. The trigger did not work.

While I am at it, I found that if you are in editor mode, the counter for how many people were getting favor went mad and the number of favor gathers rose at an alarming rate and would not stop.

What is causing all of this?

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-10-2007 @ 05:18 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 11 December 2007 09:38 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
About the last issue:

I know some counters return faulty values when the game comes out of "game mode". I don't know why, it seems to be some sort of bug that's never fixed.
E.g. Ekanta's mod includes a villager counter, and when the game is finished (goes into postgame), the vill counters double their amount for no apparent reason.
Roxas
Mortal
(id: silvermoon)
posted 11 December 2007 11:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Ive also noticed that you can have units completey unselectable but still able to interact with the environments, and carry out their last orders, even though they cant be highlight selected w/e :S

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

Prologue: version 0.9.8.1: www.trotd.co.nr
I Love Bananas
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 10:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Interesting. Although this has no real use, it's still fun
Ive also noticed that you can have units completey unselectable but still able to interact with the environments, and carry out their last orders, even though they cant be highlight selected w/e :S
Yes, that has happened to me twice lately. Two of my ships suddenly turned unselectable, but were visible on the minimap and ingame - even without any units from which I have LOS nearby. Strange.

Sweet baby maizes!
Roxas
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 01:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
If we could incorporate that into a trigger, it would be either A) a make unit invincible effect
B) add backgroud units

ooh the possibilities

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

nottud
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 03:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
That would be called making phantom units. There is a guide here:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,25709,,all

The unit cannot be selected and units can walk through them!

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
Roxas
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 03:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Hmmm, except that I did it differently, and the units still interacted with the environment, they carried on cutting trees mining gold etc, and the gold added to my gold

Knux897
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 05:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
I have that mythic glitch in Empire Egypt, but I plan to have people start that way so, dosent matter to me.

I am the almight Knux! Empire ruler!
Empire Egypt Thread
Empire Egypt Main Menu Backround
invent00r
Mortal
posted 13 December 2007 08:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
@Roxas:

I have discovered how to do that when messing around with AoMEd.
There is a value that sets a unit selectable or unselectable.
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
Roxas
Mortal
posted 13 December 2007 08:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Can you tell me how to do it

invent00r
Mortal
posted 14 December 2007 11:15 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Ok.
  1. Create a new map in AoM with an Agamemnon;
  2. Extract it with AoMEd with the Enable SCN unit editing.
  3. Open Z1.txt
  4. Edit the lines with these:
    Z1_0_length: 225
    Z1_0s_un_name: "0123"
    Z1_0s_unknown08: 0
  5. Save and recompile the scenario.
Note:
The unit length must be increased by 3 and the name must be 4 digits long.
If you have a large map with already plenty of units, consider using this tool here.

Good luck.
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames