Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.42 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Trojan Prisoners
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trojan Prisoners
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Lupus
Sage
posted 11 December 2007 04:38 PM EDT (US)         

When you work with really big projects, you tend to get bored, which sometimes ends up with a little scenario besides the bigger one. My intention this time was to create a very short and a not so special scenario, but hopefully entertaining.

So if you have some time to kill, why not test "Trojan Prisoners". It is actually my first scenario which I've made as a member of Tsunami Studios. =)

Plot:
Our famous heroes have been captured by the Trojans and must escape from the Trojan Fortress during the night. They are separated from each other, however, both Arkantos and Odysseus manage to get out from their jail. Now they have to sneak out from the fortress without getting coughed. It's up to you to decide if you have time to rescue other prisoners too.

Progress:
Map design: 100%
Triggers: 100%

To decrease the pointlessness a bit, I've added one feature. During the whole game you can earn points by finding secrets. The result will be shown in the end. How many points can you get?
Yes, you can simply look in the triggers. Well, go ahead then, it isn't my fun that gets spoiled.

The screenshots aren't the best... But it's better to give some kind of direction. I suggest that you should play it instead.

Playtesters:
1. Alex
2. Banoffee

[This message has been edited by Lupus (edited 12-25-2007 @ 07:57 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Bingo Little
Mortal
(id: Medusasson)
posted 15 December 2007 08:53 AM EDT (US)     26 / 42       
I love the enw shots, expecially the harbour, but a ciriticism of that particular shot:

empty space. Look at the amount of just empty street. It's a city, make it bustle! Perhaps you could put a statue there (a myth unit statue to add some variety, or evne a stoned unit of your choice). Perhaps a few market stalls, or just fill it ypu with moving villagers or livestock.

Don't make towns a ghost town unless they're supposed to be. (this is why I favour narrow streets)

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Lupus
Sage
posted 15 December 2007 10:35 AM EDT (US)     27 / 42       
Thanks! But the scenario will take place in the middle of the night, so the streets are supposed to be empty. =)

Bingo Little
Mortal
posted 15 December 2007 12:44 PM EDT (US)     28 / 42       
Fair enough, the lighting confused me: i still lke to fill my city squares full of statues, small fountains etc just so you don't get empty street terrain, but that's mroe a personal choice.

But yes, I really like the look of this project and look forward to it wholeheartedly.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Banoffee
Mortal
posted 16 December 2007 04:21 AM EDT (US)     29 / 42       
Ok Lupus, I sent you the playtesting thing. If you need me for anything else I'll be happy to help.
Lupus
Sage
posted 16 December 2007 06:54 AM EDT (US)     30 / 42       
Bingo Little: I used the default lighting just to make it easier to see, but I understand that it confused you.
If you mean the street on picture 4, I actually want it empty. An the Harbour should also be empty since a lot of people walks there during the day (but won't happen in this scenario :P)

Banoffee: Yes, I got the mail and I've answered it.
It would be great if you could playtest the very last version before the release.

AnnoDominius
Mortal
posted 16 December 2007 08:06 AM EDT (US)     31 / 42       
Great new screenshot Lupus, Great camera angle. I love the use of the hill in the background and thankyou for using cinematic trees, it's a relief!

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 December 2007 08:12 AM EDT (US)     32 / 42       
It is a nice shot, so bravo for that, but I'd suggest prettying up the river a little bit with some more rocks on the sides, maybe some underwater plant life and a fish or two.. I don't particularly like the cinematic trees on those hills because I've always thought they looked too flat, which in reality they are.
Lupus
Sage
posted 16 December 2007 09:33 AM EDT (US)     33 / 42       
Haha, that is why it's impossible to make everyone satified. :P Thanks by the way.

Palm trees, cin. trees and one of the pine trees are the only trees you can use in a cinematic with that angle... They look good except for the "un-3D-ness", like the pots and the barrels.
It's just because you know that the trees are flat you think they are ugly.

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 December 2007 10:15 AM EDT (US)     34 / 42       
Well I can tell its flat by the awkward black outline on the tree itself, but same concept.

The barrels and pots disappoint me in AoM. Maybe I'll set up a prop mod with PDS to renovate bad props in AoM and create proper cinematic trees, removing all of the 2d props in the game. It'd work online too, so that's a plus.
AnnoDominius
Mortal
posted 16 December 2007 10:54 AM EDT (US)     35 / 42       
that's a great idea, I always want to use the barrels etc but am put off by how they look in no cinematics and indeed in cinematics with a moving camera track.

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 December 2007 12:10 PM EDT (US)     36 / 42       
Well, definitely after the MCM and probably in the middle of the RL since its such a simple mod.
Lupus
Sage
posted 18 December 2007 07:05 PM EDT (US)     37 / 42       
Hopefully I'll finish the scenario before or during Christmas, it depends on how often I'm at home. I have some triggering left to to, as you can see on the to-do-list.

I hope you haven't become tired yet. :P

OzE_PyRoLeGion
Mortal
posted 20 December 2007 10:39 PM EDT (US)     38 / 42       
i got an idea for you if your still open!make it so you cant get detected!if you get detected it gets harder to not get detected because theres more people who pop up,likey idea?why not try it
Banoffee
Mortal
posted 20 December 2007 11:57 PM EDT (US)     39 / 42       
If you can't get detected...There is no point in playing.
Bingo Little
Mortal
posted 21 December 2007 03:45 AM EDT (US)     40 / 42       
'so this is my idea for your scenario: you can't lose'

'no. go suck on a brick'.

I mean, seriously, there would be no point.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Lupus
Sage
posted 21 December 2007 08:48 AM EDT (US)     41 / 42       
Indeed... A scenario in which you must stay hidden all the time would be quite uneventful and boring after a couple of minutes.
However, sometimes soldiers will spawn as a consequence of detection.

By the way, as you probably have seen the progress is 100% complete and I'm just waiting for the last playtesting reports. So the scenario will hopefully get approved before Christmas.

[This message has been edited by Lupus (edited 12-21-2007 @ 08:51 AM).]

Lupus
Sage
posted 25 December 2007 07:59 AM EDT (US)     42 / 42       
Finished!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames