You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Willing to join a development team
Bottom
Topic Subject:Willing to join a development team
Jondoom
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 11:30 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, Im just posting it here because I couldnt find a clans-development teams thread. But whatever, Im interested in joining a dev team, just tell me in what would I have to work at and all that technical stuff.

Anyway, here is a scenario that I made some time ago:

Advanced raineather guide

Its a rainweather system guide lol. Hope you like it! But well, the link is my signature too. And yes, theres something that says "beasts of irosnia" there on my signature... you can look at that too if you want, but Im not sure if Im finishing that proyect. If I do, I would have to make a new showcase, since the the old one was archived (hmm...), but here it is, in case it helps for my "curriculum":

Beasts of Irosnia

Or even if youre not a dev team or however you call it, if you want to join me to help finish a proyect or start a new one, or whatever, just say it. Im here to develop! And work, that is. (Wich are the same, but well)

-> Age of Monster Hunters finally released! <-
~ Best RPG of the year 2010... ~
~- Brave Sword - Improved Version -~
My first project:
Advanced Rain Guide
-Member of Paradox Desing Studios-

[This message has been edited by Jondoom (edited 12-13-2007 @ 00:04 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 11:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
You can find a list of all the teams here, although many are outdated and since deceased.
Jondoom
Mortal
posted 12 December 2007 11:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
Oh, thanks for showing me the teams thread. But please dont close this thread... as you said, many of those teams are outdated, and I would hardly be heared there. Well, maybe not, but anyway. This is an easier way. Ok, enough of that. :P

My first project:
Advanced Rain Guide
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 13 December 2007 00:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
Good luck finding a team.
Mephiles
Mortal
(id: Titan602)
posted 13 December 2007 10:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
Mine (and Yeebaagooon's) design team is very good. It's very active and would really be useful to you. In turn, you would be useful to us.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
Jondoom
Mortal
posted 13 December 2007 01:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
Omega studios? Sounds really good. What do I have to do to join?

My first project:
Advanced Rain Guide
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 13 December 2007 03:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
Simply register .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 13 December 2007 03:29 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
I was going to keep this thread advertisement-free and let the man decide for himself, but I suppose not.

"Quality never goes out of style."

About Purple Design Studios is a professional design institution specializing in the modification of real-time strategy games. Since June of 2006, our team of avid designers has strived to raise the standards of modification and made strides on various levels of achievement. We constantly make an effort to challenge ourselves by venturing into untouched corners of game alteration, specifically catering to the Age of Mythology community. Our projects are hailed for their excellence and attention to detail.

Under recently elected new management, the team had decided to branch into serving the scenario design community as well, bringing you only the best quality in all aspects of design.

For comments, questions and project requests and even just to hang out, we welcome you to visit our forums. If you're a dedicated designer looking for a friendly team-driven environment, you are more than welcome to apply for membership, granting you access to our many member forums, projects and the ability to work in a motivated environment. Whether you specialize in eye candy, triggering, texture art, programming, 3D art or animation, you will always have a place on our team.

You can visit us at www.purpledesignstudios.com
Forums Projects Academy

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 12-19-2007 @ 01:56 AM).]

Potato_Monkey
Mortal
posted 13 December 2007 04:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
I do like purple design studios. I used to be a teacher at their academy.
Jondoom
Mortal
posted 14 December 2007 02:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
Hmmm... looks good. Let me decide... Ill go see in wich of those studios I fit better.

My first project:
Advanced Rain Guide
Mephiles
Mortal
(id: Titan602)
posted 14 December 2007 05:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
Do what you think is best But don't choose teams just because they have a big post to explain what they do. I'd recommend purple if you were doing modifications, and OS for scenario design, random maps etc.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 14 December 2007 05:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
Yes, Purple is extremely good for modding.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Glitch
Mortal
posted 14 December 2007 06:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
Wow, I remember when you would be torn to pieces for advertising like that in a thread about someone looking for a design team

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • PrplPplEater
    Mortal
    posted 14 December 2007 07:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
    Lol.

PDS is quite new to the scenario design team in all honesty, but we do have some adequate designers working with us, including Pharaoh_Elite (now known as AnnoDominius), the founder of the late and great InterDen, and Urgwaine, our Scenario Design Dept. Leader.

If you want a community with a more active, less professional environment (not intended to be offensive in any way, mind you, the forums are just a little loosened up, which is a good thing), I'd go with Omega.

PDS is more for the serious designer that might look forward to a career in game design or storytelling in the future and releasing projects professionally, wheras OS is more about the creation of entertaining projects as often as you have time for.
    AnnoDominius
    Mortal
    posted 16 December 2007 08:52 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
    true, in my experience with studios, Purple is very professional and regards scenario design as a passion rather than a hobby.

Thanks for including my Rome screenshot, it looks quite good next to those other ones... and what is that screenshot of the fallen collumns from? it looks fantastic!

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
    Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
    Jondoom
    Mortal
    posted 16 December 2007 08:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
    Im more inclined to scenario design than to modding, so Omega Studios seems better in that matter... but then I would like to enter scenario design seriously, "proffesionaly" as you said, and then Purple seems better. But then again... I should check more in depth each of the teams to ensure that Im not mislead.

And one more thing... "Quality never goes out of style" is Levi Strauss and Co.'s slogan, wich is a clothing brand. Just a comment

My first project:
    Advanced Rain Guide

[This message has been edited by Jondoom (edited 12-16-2007 @ 10:03 PM).]

PrplPplEater
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 04:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
    Lol, I found out that it's a lot of people's slogans, unfortunately. I guess its just something everyone thinks of. I assure you I didn't get it from anywhere.

Well, PDS might not be your best bet until the forums are moved, but if you can wait as long as a week and as short as a couple days, then our current situation doesn't really alter your options at all.

On the other hand, I recently set up Subversion, so your file sharing needs would be a breeeze with PDS, especially with group projects. PDS will also be a great learning environment, as you'd be working with modders on a daily basis, and possibly even learning to mod yourself.
    AnnoDominius
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 05:50 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
    If your interest lies in multiplayer scenarios I definately think Omega is the place for you, however, if your passion is in single-player, you'll find a much heavier emphasis on single player scenarios at Purple Design Studios. depends where your designing talents and interests lie...

AOMh Member since 2004
    I Love Bananas
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 08:37 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
    But then again... I should check more in depth each of the teams to ensure that Im not mislead.
    The best way to check more in-depth is to look at the different forums. Hang around a bit, and make up your mind about which team to join.

No design team is, in reality, better than another. They are simply good at different things. So be sure to make a choice that fits you well.

Sweet baby maizes!
    PrplPplEater
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 02:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
    Lol, in reality our forums are in a transition to a new server at the moment, so visiting us isn't really going to help for a small amount of time here.
    Jondoom
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 02:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
    Thats the matter, finding wich studio fits you better. And there are many factors... now AnnoDominius said that Purple is better for single palyer scenarios, wich is for what Im more inclined... but I have to see it for myself. On to the forums!

My first project:
    Advanced Rain Guide
    PrplPplEater
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 02:54 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
    Dominius is a PDS member himself, and he's definitely right. Most of our members nearly shun multiplayer maps and are intent on keeping our single-player tradition strong. Although we're open to multiplayer maps as well, its not common.
    AnnoDominius
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2007 04:10 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
    Ha! i've never been named by the second part of my name only before! it sounds quite regal don't you think...

AOMh Member since 2004
    PrplPplEater
    Mortal
    posted 18 December 2007 02:37 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
    Aomts_help911
    Mortal
    posted 18 December 2007 04:27 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
    I wouldn't say Omega isn't proffesional just really active. We have different divisions you could even join if your a heavy triggerer and like to make maps complicated you could join the alpha sub team or if your a big eyecandiest you should join beta. If you are someone who likes to make cinematics you can join gamma. Delta is for the minority of Omega where you can learn and teach about modding, trigger creation, and other extremely complicated but important stuff then theres delta. Or if your just taking a break and like to make purty pictures or signatures there is Epsilon for you.

Stop by and check us out ~Join the Omega~

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames