You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » General map making.
Bottom
Topic Subject:General map making.
SoARING_EaGLe
Mortal
posted 19 December 2007 05:58 PM EDT (US)         
I started making maps just a few weeks ago. I know how to put iteams down, but I just want to varify the following:
1. After a unit is put down a "trigger" will tell them what it will do.
2. There can be many triggers per unit.
If anyone has any helpful sites can you post them also.
AuthorReplies:
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 19 December 2007 06:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
1 Correct, though triggers can do a whole lot more then telling a unit what to do

2 Correct

For usefull info, check the Scenario Design section on the AomH main page, youll find some usefull articles to get you started. For the rest you need a good whif of creativity and experimentation.

good luck

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
angryzor
Mortal
posted 19 December 2007 06:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
No and yes. A trigger is not "per unit" or "restricted to 1 unit". It is something that runs on the entire map and that executes its "Effects" when its "Conditions" are met. There can be as many triggers on a map as you want. They CAN of course affect the units on the map.

As for a site,... I think this site is one of the best sites you can find to learn scenario design. Check out the scenario design section on the main page, search for guides in this forum, or download one of the multiple guides in the downloads section.

Also, for these kind of questions, please use the question thread (top of the page) in the future. It helps to keep the forum nice and tidy

Angry Levels|SIMSTools|PHTC|TriggersToOne Trigger Anti Edit Utility
Triggers coming up quite soon: Camera Master!!!!! (Have complete control over your camera. Make Camera tracks based on unit positions, aim the camera based on mathematical expressions. Multiple levels of advancedness!

[This message has been edited by angryzor (edited 12-19-2007 @ 06:31 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames