You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Latest Screenshot (to be rated):
Bottom
Topic Subject:Latest Screenshot (to be rated):
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 28 December 2007 08:46 PM EDT (US)         
I hope it is better then the last:

I don't know how to get the triggers working in the scenario, so that I didn't have to test the map so the champion hoplites and stuff were enabled...

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.

[This message has been edited by Ironclaw77 (edited 12-28-2007 @ 08:47 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 29 December 2007 02:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Good placement of the few objects you have, but you definately need much more objects and terrain mixing.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Caribdus
Mortal
posted 29 December 2007 03:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Yuu're getting better already, however rather than cluttering up the forums each time you make a new screenie put it in the same thread.

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible
Zumox
Mortal
posted 29 December 2007 01:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
This, in my opinion, is not eyecandy (since it isn't very pleasant to watch, nor does it impress). This is a simple scene... It's pretty though

-Leader of the VerSus Clan- Visit us!
AoM TT ESO Username Currently VS_ZzumoxX
Working on the Kradle of Chaos.
I Love Bananas
Mortal
posted 29 December 2007 01:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
This screenshot is quite good as well. You've improved on some points, but on others you haven't. I would still advise you to:

• Change the lighting - Something slightly darker, possibly. More blue and green as well.
  • Add some more city objects - Fountains, obelisks and additional torches make great additions in such shots. Moving units (patrolling guards, ox carts/caravans walking past outside, and such) will also help to improve the shot. Seeing just a bit of the top of a tower in the foreground could also give a nice impression.
  • Terrain - In cities/towns, at least close to royal buildings, water tile patterns look great. Adding separate paths inbetween buildings will also make the terrain a ot more interesting.
  • Make the story more visible - Again I have the feeling that the story is not your main focus. This might be due to the lack of a title, but still - what is it you're trying to say? Why is there a man talking to the king, and why are there so many villagers watching? Always remember to make the story visible - of course, the exception to this would be pure eyecandy shots.

In addition, I would advise you to take fullscreen screenshots, instead of painting over with light brown colour and then cropping the image. I think this made the screenshot look uglier than it really is.

Still, your shot has a lot of good aspects. The focus is again quite interesting, in my humble opinion. You've added a great flower bed, and you get the impression of that Agamemnon is a leader.

I would rate this about as I rated the other one, 6-7/10.

---

Next time, however, don't make a new thread. Rather than that, compile them into one thread. And when you're confident enough, add them to the Eyecandy Thread and the Eyecandy Showcase.
    I don't know how to get the triggers working in the scenario, so that I didn't have to test the map so the champion hoplites and stuff were enabled...
    Testing the map will always give better results, unless you're using an extensive amount of animations. Do that next time, as well.

Sweet baby maizes!
  • Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 29 December 2007 02:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
    Hmm maybe there should be a screenshot rating thread?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    I Love Bananas
    Mortal
    posted 29 December 2007 04:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
    There already is one.

It's dead, though. Should we revive it, possibly?

Sweet baby maizes!
    MatoR
    Mortal
    posted 29 December 2007 10:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
    Make it more interesting... think of something people want to see. Something awesome. Like a funeral pyre. And some villagers on thier knees.

Make something that takes AOM to the next level.

-Mator

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
    ._..........)..\__________________________________
    (_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
    .............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
    ............(@
    (`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames