You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Age of Mythology, TITANS. How can I make a Multi-player Map? This is boggling my mind!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Mythology, TITANS. How can I make a Multi-player Map? This is boggling my mind!
Snivvle
Mortal
posted 08 February 2009 03:10 PM EDT (US)         
I can't create a map and then see it. I did a search for the other maps and I can't even find them (the standard AOM maps) All I want is the ability to create a multi player map and then play with my buds. How do I create it and where do I store it? I know how to goto map Editor, but when I save it, and then try to play it in multi player, I don't see it anywhere! This is killing me! Please, anyone, tell me how I can create the map, where to save it, so that I can play it.

Thanks!
AuthorReplies:
i r n00b
Banned
posted 08 February 2009 03:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
You do not need to create another map.

You alreadyl have the basic maps ES has given you (Alfheim, Marsh, Watering Hole, Archipelago, Erebus etc. etc.).

You do not need other maps.
sneaky_squirrel
Mortal
posted 08 February 2009 03:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
I'll let someone else field this one, I have no time.

Use the question thread in the future please ;p.

@I r noob
Stop being mean to people.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.

[This message has been edited by sneaky_squirrel (edited 02-08-2009 @ 03:21 PM).]

Snivvle
Mortal
posted 08 February 2009 03:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
I don't need other maps? Hahah. NO
Does anyone know how to do this? I don't want to learn how to "build" a map. I know how to build one, I have a map ready to go, but I don't k now how to SEE it when I goto multiplayer, host room, and then select map. Please, anyone, I would be grateful.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-09-2009 @ 10:41 AM).]

i r n00b
Banned
posted 08 February 2009 04:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Thanks Hitler
TRUUUUUUUEEEEEEE
sneaky_squirrel
Mortal
posted 08 February 2009 04:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Wow you guys are annoying...

Anyways you have a scenario ready to go not a random map, to do that you have to script and yeah that's right, its complicated and it involves only writing stuff down in notepad.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
Snivvle
Mortal
posted 08 February 2009 05:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Well please tell me how to do it. I can write script. Thank you. I will be awaiting your genius reply.
Swift sword
Mortal
posted 08 February 2009 07:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
You do realize that to host a scenario (from the editor) online, you have to change the map type when you host it to "scenario"? Otherwise, you do indeed have to go through a difficult process known as rms scripting, which I have no idea how to do

My heavens:

DoFH
AoMH

"Imageshack is the tool of satan. Never use it under any circumstances."~Yeebaagooon
Visit my first hosted competition at DoFH
[img]http://elpea.net/hg/upload/upload/1242700941dofh3.jpg[/img]
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 08 February 2009 08:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
To host it, change "Supremecy" (the drop down menu) when you host it to "scenario".

If you wanna learn RMS then go here.
http://www.geocities.com/hyenastudios/aomrmstutorial.htm
It's quite easy if you know other languages. I learned in about a day.
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 09 February 2009 10:44 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Welcome to the forums Snivvle. Sorry for the idiotic posting of i r n00b, but there is no need to flame him back. Your remarks are extremely offensive and you can expect an email later.

As for your question, I think pubby answered it very nicely .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-09-2009 @ 01:29 PM).]

sneaky_squirrel
Mortal
posted 09 February 2009 07:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Now that I think of it?, who is I R noob?, I don;t remember him on my last AoM frenzy.

Dudis
Mortal
posted 10 February 2009 03:48 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
I_r_noob is your new overlord.

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
pcgamer7070
Mortal
posted 10 February 2009 07:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
i r n00b is correct. you don't really need to make any maps for non scenario play. however if you want to play scenarios (which you shoulnt 111) then you can make maps imo
MatoR
Mortal
posted 12 February 2009 10:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
What is with you people...

Scenarios > Other Maps.

Stop venting your opinions and answer his question -.-

But as someone said before, you just change the gametype from Supremacy to Scenario, then find the scenario you want to play, and click it.

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames