You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Dr Who in the Ages (AoM, AoE3 ect)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dr Who in the Ages (AoM, AoE3 ect)
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 28 November 2009 04:20 AM EDT (US)         
Hey! Its somerandomdude here!

Dr Who fan? Want to see more Dr Who on AoMH and AoE3? I am a big fan of Doctor Who too and I, like you,would like to see some more Dr Who stuff on these Heavens. Please, if you want to make a something about Dr Who, but need help just ask, or if you want to know what Dr Who is then I can tell you. Just ask. This is pretty much my post for everything Dr Who, Ive got ideas for mods, scenarios, campaigns and more, just ask, and if your also part of AoE3H Ill be posting the same thing there too. Also, if you are currently making something about Dr Who, please post here just so I know, Im not saying dont make a showcase, by all means do what you want, but just let me know.

Some examples of what I mean:

-A Dr Who mod: That is a mod of all the Dr Who characters, The Doctor, TARDIS ect...

-A scenario using the mods, like a war between the Automatons and Cybermen or something.

-A full-fledged Dr Who CAMPAIGN. Like the Master returns or something, you know, something really epic.

If someone does the Dr Who Characters mod than I could help with making and coming up with ideas for a Campaign and Scenario(s).

Dr Who pics:

The Doctor and his arch-rival, the Master The Doctor and the Tardis

The Doctor and his Tardis

The current Logo of Dr Who

So, in conclusion, I hope to here from you soon, and thanks if you do post

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
A race to the slaughterhouse!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 11-30-2009 @ 05:03 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 28 November 2009 01:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
I don't entirely understand the point of this thread. Is it really necessary?

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 28 November 2009 01:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
Well, it lives up to your name...

Best off putting this in HoV
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 28 November 2009 11:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
@Papaya: Well, not really but I wanted to find out how many people on this site actually know about Dr Who and would make something about it.
Well, it lives up to your name...

Yeah, I pride myself on being as random as possible... sometimes.

HoV?

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
Survivor Fo
Banned
posted 29 November 2009 00:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Are the only games you seriously play are Halo 3 and a joke of a game ODST?
Peter Fallon
Mortal
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 29 November 2009 01:10 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
THYMOLE is talking about the community forum. And honestly, this thread would be flamed so badly there. On one hand, this seems mostly like discussion. On the other hand, it's a suggestion for collaborated work which HoVers (who, most don't even own the game) would compulsorily troll.

Probably best left here.. Just.. It's so random. Would have been best to discuss it with your design team first, since they'd surely be involved.

You might want to elaborate on the types of gameplay these scenarios would be.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 29 November 2009 03:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
Oh, i thought you just were asking for people to show how much they liked the show.

I've never seen or heard of it so it never crossed my mind that you wanted to make something out of it.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 30 November 2009 03:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
@ Survivor: Im not sure what to make of your comment, is it meant to be mean or negative or just a question? No, I play lots of games, and, with ODST, I play Mythic with my friends. Do you like Halo 3? Obviously you don't like ODST. My favourite enemies in Halo3 are the... never mind. By the way, what kind of music do you like? Linkin Park are my favourite band. Whats yours?

@Xzyiothe: Yeah, I thought this thing may get flamed, but its their choice if they want to get so angry over virtually nothing. You're right, I should have mentioned it to the team. Why didn't I do that first? I don't know why I didn't think of that. Yeah, I'll update the main post to show my different ideas. The reason that I chose to put this in the Scen design forums was that I thought that this could be a suggestion for a scen design, but I get where you're coming from.

@THYMOLE: I don't really blame you for not have ever heard of Dr Who before, no one really knows about it or watches it these days.No, I wasn't asking people to say how much they liked it. That would be completely pointless. I may be random, but I NEVER do something thats completely pointless.

Thanks for commenting

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 11-30-2009 @ 04:52 AM).]

CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 30 November 2009 05:50 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
I remember Doctor Who, I watched one episode where there was a gas mask person who kept asking "Are you my mummy?" Now I'm scared of Doctor Who.

In my opinion, Halo 3: ODST was just a way for Bungie to make more money, multiplayer is good, but the campaign is pretty terrible.

As to making a scenario, I'm not sure it would be a great idea, seeing as Doctor Who is set in "Modern Ages?" I think there would be a great amount of trouble going into and as many people have not heard or seen Doctor Who, the scenario may not get good enough ratings. It's what you'll get from me if you post in Black Ice Studios.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 01 December 2009 04:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
There are a few quite scary episodes of Dr Who, but they are(or most of them(in my opinion)) very good TV show(s). Also, as you may not know, the Doctor (the main character) is an alien time-traveller, so maybe he travelled back in time to some parallel earth? Sounds weird for an AoM scenario ey? but I'm quite confident that, if someone makes the characters needed, it could become VERY sucsessful. That is IF this all works out...

...ok, now to the topic of ODST. Yes, Charlie, I think you are right, I only ever play firefights with my friend, I hate the campaign... it should have some FLOOD!!!! The campaign really, REALLY sucks... alot. I sometimes also play forge, its quite fun.

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 12-01-2009 @ 04:10 AM).]

CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 01 December 2009 04:17 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
I meant scared as in I want to avoid it because it seems a little strange.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 02 December 2009 03:19 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
Huh... ok. Soooo... anyone else seen Dr Who? If you did, did you like it?

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
perpetual_n00b
Immortal
posted 02 December 2009 09:28 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
I once considered making a Doctor Who scenario.

I was going to use the Sky Passage as the TARDIS and Krios or an Oracle as The Doctor, maybe a female Norse villager as his companion.

Automatons would make decent Cybermen and you could use Siege Towers with an Argus inside as Daleks.

I was going to split the map into different worlds/times sort of like in The Wizard's Path.

You'd start on a random world/time and have to complete a quest before you could go back to the TARDIS and go to a different world.

The quests I had in mind were:-
- stop the Daleks who are trying to destroy humanity by wiping out the early primates in the time of the dinosaurs (Hydra) ends with the an explosion that wipes out the dinosaurs but which leaves room for primates to evolve into humans
- stop the Cybermen who have travelled through time to medieval England and are converting knights (Turma) to Cybermen
- Prevent a war between Dogmen (Anubites) and Hawkmen (Avenger) on an alien world by recovering a missing relic
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 03 December 2009 03:15 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
No wonder why you were the member of the month! That sounds awesome, so are you gonna do it? I could help someway if you want, if you're gonna do it.

EDIT: I was just mucking around in the editor, and I was thinking maybe, if we/you/me do this, than perhaps we/you/me could use various corral terrain for the alien planet?

EDIT: For the Doctor, perhaps Hero Oracle with a ranged attack with egyptian crocidile beam of light SFX? If that is possible.

EDIT: I was thinking, maybe instead of the avengers vs the anubit aliens, maybe it could be some humanoid alien race (probly some atlanteans like katapeltes(hero)) against an alien alliance (the avengers AND the anubits and other stuff joined up or something).

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 12-03-2009 @ 04:37 AM).]

perpetual_n00b
Immortal
posted 04 December 2009 09:33 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
I probably won't be making a Doctor Who scenario for a while because of other commitments.

Feel free to use any of the ideas I mentioned if you decide to make your own scenario.

Using coral for the terrain would definitely help give an alien feel to the map.

Maybe the other members of Black Ice Studios can give you a hand making this.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 04:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Thanks, I'll probly askfor some help at Black Ice.

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 05 December 2009 00:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
I've seen an episode or two, and have read two books, comprising six stories.

But dude, you are so totally... scrambled. I've never seen anyone rattle with TEXT before. You never stuck to one topic, or seemed to stop. It was... impressive.
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 05 December 2009 10:17 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
No one at black ice does not visit aomh you know.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 07 December 2009 04:08 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
@Hammerhands: So, did you like the episodes you watched and the books you read? Were they like the new ones or the older ones? Thanks, I take that as a compliment (the second bit, the one about scrambled and all that).

@ Thymole:
--No one at black ice does not visit aomh you know--
So in other words, Everyone at BIS visits AoMH?

EDIT: TEXT? Is that text or something... else?

EDIT: I'm usin a bit of the Dr Who scenario ideas... so no one else use them...

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 12-07-2009 @ 07:07 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames