You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.39 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A Man For Hire...
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Man For Hire...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 02 December 2009 10:33 PM EDT (US)         
RELEASED!!!

Whilst waiting for play testing on The Amnesiac, I got terribly bored, so here I am announcing a new scenario. It uses the 'player set active trigger effect that I informed the CASTWCRT team about a few weeks ago.

Now, before you go getting confused, this is not a showcase, nor is it an announcement. This scenario (A Man For Hire) is DONE, Complete and ready for final play testing. I'm gonna let it set for a few days, let you guys salivate over my pics, and then I'll publish it. If you wish to bypass this BS... well, heh, see below.

This is the Spotlight from the scenario

This Scenario is one designed by H. E. Billings, and his Sexy Assistant (Cliche there!), to break the mold. Whether or not we succeed, however... Well, let's just get on with it. You start out by choosing between two Pharaohs, and Arkantos with Atalanta. After that, you grab the boat, and find your way to the road, past the robbers that are in the woods (Cliche there!) And then you can build your own Empire at the crossroads (Cliche there!), or you can go north, work for the Egyptian Supreme Master. You can go west, and work for the Greek King Leego. Alternatively, you can go east, cross that bridge when you get there (Another cliche!), and work for the Atlantean Republic. If you so choose, you can even become a traitor, and leave one civilization to work for another. But you'll have to fight your way in. To win, you'll need to kill off the leaders of all opposing civilizations, That is, General Dadactylus, The Supreme Master, and King Leego.

I'm reasonably confident that it works, but am too wary to just stuff it out there in the open. So, if any one is intrigued enough... speak up, post e-mail and I'll send you the file and expect a report.

Now, for the fun part! Screenies!

1)

2)

3)

Now be aware, for those of you who don't know how this effect works, this does not convert a civilization to your god, it set a civilization as played by player. Thus you can start as player one, and end the game as player three, six, or seven. With any god the effect is set to. You can start a Norseman, and end up an Atlantean. That's what makes this Scenario so different from most others. So... be excited!

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 12-30-2009 @ 03:02 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 14 December 2009 10:02 PM EDT (US)     26 / 39       
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 15 December 2009 08:33 PM EDT (US)     27 / 39       
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 16 December 2009 00:18 AM EDT (US)     28 / 39       
Seems like a good idea. Maybe you could make different monsters come at night and different at day if you wanted to be specific.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 16 December 2009 07:38 AM EDT (US)     29 / 39       
I don't know which monsters to use during the day.
But that's a good idea. I can use the monsters I have now, and make them only come out at night... if I can figure out how...
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 08:35 PM EDT (US)     30 / 39       
WinstonShnozwick
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 08:41 PM EDT (US)     31 / 39       
I c it in the download. Good job.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 08:53 PM EDT (US)     32 / 39       
Already? Wow. It took two weeks for one file! And days for all the others!
I'll link to it.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 14 January 2010 10:44 PM EDT (US)     33 / 39       
Hey! It goes:
Me
me
Charlidog
me
me
Winston
me
and now...
me!

Anyway! The file has been updated. The Difficulty settings now work with the acquisition of Modify Protounit All.
I've also tweaked a few things. Nothing major, though the LOS changes with the day/night cycle.

Could I get a new review?
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 15 January 2010 07:54 PM EDT (US)     34 / 39       
All in good time Hammerhands, all in good time. I should be able to in a few days, depends how long I take to finish the map which has been taking ages.
Alexgd92
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 11:54 AM EDT (US)     35 / 39       
Nice screenshots. The scenario looks good, well designed. I shall play it as soon as humanly possible. I'm interested in this effect...

EDIT: I'm sorry to be so blunt, not to mention probably rude for mentioning it in this thread, but i'm just dieing to know. Is there any possibility to get the code of "Player Set Active" for our typetests? Cause i can't seem to find it anywhere. I've a concept that it would work wonderfully with, i believe.

DoubleEdit: W00t Thanks perpetual! =) Didn't want to spend another post filling up the thread so i edited =P.

--- Darkness Comes... Will you be waiting? ---
Latest Project: ~ Pinnacle ~ My Maps: Click Me!
Current Projects: A Knight's Tale, FORTRESS, The Rising Campaign
- Age of Darkness, Reign of Darkness Campaign, The Adventures of Sullivan Thayer (Part I)
Soaring Eagle Studios

[This message has been edited by Alexgd92 (edited 01-16-2010 @ 05:34 PM).]

perpetual_n00b
Immortal
posted 16 January 2010 12:15 PM EDT (US)     36 / 39       
Player Set Active comes with AoM:TT, it was just often overlooked until Hammerhands pointed it out.

Here's a slightly modified version that allows you to select players 0 to 12 not just 0 to 10 (untested)
   <Effect name="Player Set Active 0-12">
<Param name="Player" dispName="Player" varType="string">1</Param>
<Command>trPlayerSetActive(%Player%);</Command>
</Effect>
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 02:37 PM EDT (US)     37 / 39       
There was one thing I was just so frustrated by. Almost immediatly after researching classical with atlanteans I was assaulted by many champion cavalry, about 6 heroes, 2 hydras, and 7 catapults, this kept coming constantly and my buildings couldn't pump out fast enough or strong enough units. I lost many manors and buildings inside to this.

Edit: on the other hand, if you make your own empire it's pathetically easy. I was laying seige to two bases at once very very successfully, at near the very beginning

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 01-16-2010 @ 03:32 PM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 08:57 PM EDT (US)     38 / 39       
Did you see what I wrote about MR. Clicky? Click him! It'll give player six (You as atlantean) an army.

That's odd though. I didn't ever have that much trouble. But then I have noticed that the AI when play-testing isn't nearly as aggressive as when you're actually playing. Did you like it?
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 10:03 PM EDT (US)     39 / 39       
I found it quite easy, as Hammerhands said, it's weird that it was that hard unless you left it sitting there for 2 hours while doing something else.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames