Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Get a job 2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Get a job 2
Ace5762
Mortal
posted 10 December 2009 01:59 PM EDT (US)         
I finished it

Link

For details on the map- Announcement thread
BTW- Bluebear5762 was me under a different username.

This is my signature. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough to write something witty. Sorry everyone, sorry.
AuthorReplies:
WRP
Mortal
(id: WRP_BEATER)
posted 10 December 2009 03:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I think I met someone on ESO saying he was making get a job 2, perhaps that was you

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
Ace5762
Mortal
posted 10 December 2009 04:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Yep, that was me. Sorry it took forever.

This is my signature. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough to write something witty. Sorry everyone, sorry.
WRP
Mortal
(id: WRP_BEATER)
posted 10 December 2009 05:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Every really good scenario is long to make. Also Codename Ripto required a long time. Ask its creator, Yeebaagooon.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 10 December 2009 10:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Wanna know how long it too k to make that game?

He nearly maxed out the thread. It was up near eighty pages.
Guard of Olympus
Mortal
posted 11 December 2009 02:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Actually, a good scenario can take very short time to create, just look at Kais amazing scenarios!

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 11 December 2009 12:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Indeed, there is a strong link between time and quality in the first half of a scenario.
A playable scenario you could make in an hour or two would be far better than something I could do in 5 minutes. But it's really down to how long the individual has. I could have done Ripto in 4 months if I was working at 100% efficiency, but I took breaks, got bored of designing at some parts and that's what made it take so long.

The people I admire are those who don't lose interest or motivation in a scenario even after many months.
He nearly maxed out the thread. It was up near eighty pages.
Almost 1 trigger per reply - I was working quite slowly . People were just interested. That made it worth carrying on.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 11 December 2009 12:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
I don't like spending too long on one thing.

Of course there's the risk of losing interest, but there's another factor that has hit me as well.

If I'm working on a scenario, and my skills/tools improve significantly before I finish it, I'll want to go back to the early stuff I worked on and remake it with newer better stuff. It'd end up just like the two guys who work full time painting the Golden Gate bridge - by the time they reach the end, the beginning needs another paint job.

It's sort of happening to me now on something that I haven't even worked on for all that long, but thankfully they stuff I'm going back to change won't take long to implement.

Obviously, the longer you can spend on it, the details will be more fine-tuned and polished, but I don't want to make the same scenario 3 times, and I also don't want to have a scenario with a funny mix of primitive and advanced systems.
Milkman Matty
Mortal
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 12 December 2009 04:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I second HttO's comment. Ever since the first trigger creation thread the SD community standards have gone/are going up rapidly as well as the quality in maps. It's like technology in a time of war ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Joshonator
Mortal
posted 12 December 2009 09:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
My scenario is taking forever first i had a bug that halted the progress for 2 weeks then my laptop died which kept me mapless for months

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames