Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » LB's Trigger Pack 12-28-09
Bottom
Topic Subject:LB's Trigger Pack 12-28-09
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 28 December 2009 10:33 PM EDT (US)         
I've released a pack of alot of cool triggers, featuring 7 conditions, and about 66.5 effects! (One is halfway complete but usable in some respect)

I am working on a list and description of every condition and effect that there is in this pack so you know how to use everything.

This pack features some highlights like:
-Being able to fully control camera tracks in game just as you would in the editor.
-Setting player handicap!! Even above 500%! And negative too!
-Variables! (I will explain why in my guide)
-Lotsa UI functions.
-Saving and Loading camera cuts. This is useful to test if a player has played a scenario before, because the screen starts at the bottom corner, or a camera start object. When you load a cut that doesn't exist, it just leaves the screen alone. By testing the visibility of an object on screen you can see if a player has never played or has played before!
-Chat Contains no OOS Online! It's been in the downloads section for ages but I don't think everyone saw it. I have included it in this trigger pack.
-A lot of helpful QV effects and a (halfworking) effect that teleports a unit TOWARDS a certian point. 8-directional works, but I'm still working out the math for a straight line.
-Record game start WITH NAME.
-Screenshot entire map!
-Change player control! You can be playing as one player then play as another player when you want! I will include a sample scenario with my guide.

And a lot of other stuff that yo may never use or never get to work. ;p

You can download it here once it has been approved:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=9234

If you want me to make another version of one of the effects or conditions, please tell me so that I will be motivated to do it. Please let me know how you like it and how everything goes!

Oh, and I also threw in a TrueNight lighting effect I made, it really looks like it's night time in the game, not all blue and stuff.

Credits to people who have helped me are in the bottom of the xml file.

Enjoy,
-LB/Gren_Turtle/LB_Defender.

AOM Scenario Trigger Editor Official Thread!

Chat Contains without OOS for online!
Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 13-32-2011 @ 13:60 AM).]
AuthorReplies:
nottud
Hero
posted 29 December 2009 07:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Cool quite a lot of the stuff has already been done but there seems to be some new stuff in there at least.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
xEXOLARx
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 07:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Change player control
----

nottud already did that, when u play games u click that E and then go to change player.

but I think it might have stuffed my rpg somehow because my player 2 and 3 triggers are stuffed somehow...

My Upcoming website!
The Black Hand RPG - Revived
Join my Facebook Group :P
Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!
nottud
Hero
posted 29 December 2009 07:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
The change player thingy ingame simply changes the player your viewing form nothing more.
1-Being able to fully control camera tracks in game just as you would in the editor.
2-Setting player handicap!! Even above 500%! And negative too!
3-Variables! (I will explain why in my guide)
4-Lotsa UI functions.
5-Saving and Loading camera cuts. This is useful to test if a player has played a scenario before, because the screen starts at the bottom corner, or a camera start object. When you load a cut that doesn't exist, it just leaves the screen alone. By testing the visibility of an object on screen you can see if a player has never played or has played before!
6-Chat Contains no OOS Online! It's been in the downloads section for ages but I don't think everyone saw it. I have included it in this trigger pack.
7-A lot of helpful QV effects and a (halfworking) effect that teleports a unit TOWARDS a certian point. 8-directional works, but I'm still working out the math for a straight line.
8-Record game start WITH NAME.
9-Screenshot entire map!
10-Change player control! You can be playing as one player then play as another player when you want! I will include a sample scenario with my guide.
(1)I done it
(2)I done
(3)Depends what they are
(4)Depends what they area
(5)Ive defintiely used the command although I can't remmeber if there is a trigegr for it. Does not work online though.
(6)Obviously already exists
(7)No idea. The straight line thigny you have two coordinates - the unit and the point. Use (y2 - y1)/(x2 - x1) to get the gradient of the line you want.
(8)Might be already done
(9)Reyk did it I think
(10)My superpack has tools for that for use on any map.

Nice there is to be some new stuff though!

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 10:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Actualy it is an XYZ thing, it's moving in a straight line in 3D, not on the XZ plane.

As for the change player control I just made it into a trigger for my own purposes, alot of this stuff has been made for my own purposes but didn't want to keep any of it private.

And, as for the record game trigger, you already made one, but it just saves as 'Default.rcx', whereas mine lets you choose any name.

Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 12-29-2009 @ 11:30 AM).]

lostrozzacavalli
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 02:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Not to ake you feel angry but...
1-Being able to fully control camera tracks in game just as you would in the editor.
2-Setting player handicap!! Even above 500%! And negative too!
3-Variables! (I will explain why in my guide)
4-Lotsa UI functions.
5-Saving and Loading camera cuts. This is useful to test if a player has played a scenario before, because the screen starts at the bottom corner, or a camera start object. When you load a cut that doesn't exist, it just leaves the screen alone. By testing the visibility of an object on screen you can see if a player has never played or has played before!
6-Chat Contains no OOS Online! It's been in the downloads section for ages but I don't think everyone saw it. I have included it in this trigger pack.
7-A lot of helpful QV effects and a (halfworking) effect that teleports a unit TOWARDS a certian point. 8-directional works, but I'm still working out the math for a straight line.
9-Record game start WITH NAME.
10-Screenshot entire map!
11-Change player control! You can be playing as one player then play as another player when you want! I will include a sample scenario with my guide.
1-I think nottud did it
2-Nottud did it, with a cool "relative" function too
3-Normal QVs, QV Strings, QV Vectors and QV Arrays were not enough?
4-Don't know what do you mean
5-Nottud did it
6-You shouldn't make a pack with just using Invent00r's for player setup combined with chat contains...
7-You can already do it whit QV Vectors
8-HttO's "Transport unit in line"...?
9-Don't know what you mean here
10-Incredible! It is included with the game!
11-Nottud fully did it

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 29 December 2009 03:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I tried the Record Game trigger as well, but unfortunately recording in a scenario always seems to fail. At least you can name the rec if you fire that trigger from RMS, though (but still may fail, I have never successfully recorded Bloodsport)

For teleporting units in a line towards a target, have a look at this.

Is Change player control just the set player active effect?

The camera stuff is cool, I hadn't thought of doing those before.
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 29 December 2009 08:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
OK, first, I have said many times before I do not claim credit for any of this stuff. Although some of the code is entirely mine, I give credit to other people for dicscovering it in the first place.

A. This is just a pack of stuff that is useful that you can't easily find/get.

B. Writing variables is much shorter than writing QVs. There are some places in AOM where you want to include a value of something, and you do that with QVs or some long code. Long behold this actually pushes you over some limts even though the end text is still within the limits. Would you wrather write "+trQuestVarGet("a")+" or write "+a+" ?? I would rather use variables.

C. I wish I could have made these things clear in my first post.

If something has been done already, I don't mind. I have it in this pack and people can use it or not use it. I don't mean to sound mean I am just tired.

Also, alot of the stuff you guys are saying have been 'done before' aren't in trigger form, this is why I made them in the first place. And again, I don't claim credit for anything at all.

Anyway thanks for checking it out.

HailToTheOboe
posted 15 January 2010 11:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Hey Green Turtle, how do the Camera track load and save work?

When I insert a track, and add a waypoint, I can play it using trackPlay, but when I save it, play another camera track, and try to load the old one, it doesn't change tracks. I also tried using trackLoad to load camera tracks that I made in the camera editor, and no luck.
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 09:44 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Once you create a camera track you should load camera track with no name in the box, save it, and add waypoints. Just like in the editor, camera tracks are tempermental. I've had extreme luck with them, or other times they don't work.

Could you make an example scenario for me? It all seems to work OK for me, but that requires that AOM is happy with you and not in a bad mood.

HailToTheOboe
posted 16 January 2010 01:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Here is the trigtemp.

First, I insert a track with trackInsert(), add a waypoint, do a camera cut, add another waypoint, and save it with trackSave("Track_A").
Then I do trackPlay just to show that it works.
Then I play a different camera track Track_1 (From the editor).
Then I do trackLoad("Track_A") and trackPlay(), but it plays Track_1 again.

As far as I can tell, trackLoad didn't change the current track.

//==============================================================================
// TEST TRIGGER SCRIPT
//==============================================================================

void main(void)
{
trEventSetHandler(33, "eventHandler");
trEventSetHandler(34, "eventHandler");
}

void eventHandler(int eventID=-1)
{
switch(eventID)
{
case 33:
{
xsEnableRule("_Trigger_245");
trEcho("Trigger enabling rule Trigger_245");
break;
}
case 34:
{
xsEnableRule("_Trigger_246");
trEcho("Trigger enabling rule Trigger_246");
break;
}
}
}

rule _Trigger_243
highFrequency
active
{
bool bVar0 = (true);

if (bVar0)
{
/**/ trackInsert();
/**/ trackAddWaypoint();
/**/
/**/
/**/
/**/
trCameraCut(vector(-35.766537,70.710701,13.957207), vector(0.500000,-0.707107,0.500000), vector(0.500000,0.707107,0.500000), vector(0.707107,0.000000,-0.707107));
/**/ trackAddWaypoint();
/**/ trackLoad();
/**/
/**/
/**/
/**/
trackSave("Track_A");
xsDisableRule("_Trigger_243");
trEcho("Trigger disabling rule Trigger_243");
}
}

rule _Trigger_244
highFrequency
active
{
bool bVar0 = ((trTime()-cActivationTime) >= 3);

if (bVar0)
{
trackPlay(2000, 33);
xsDisableRule("_Trigger_244");
trEcho("Trigger disabling rule Trigger_244");
}
}

rule _Trigger_245
highFrequency
inactive
{
bool bVar0 = ((trTime()-cActivationTime) >= 2);

if (bVar0)
{
trCamTrackLoad("Track_1");
trCamTrackPlay(-1, 34);
xsDisableRule("_Trigger_245");
trEcho("Trigger disabling rule Trigger_245");
}
}

rule _Trigger_246
highFrequency
inactive
{
bool bVar0 = ((trTime()-cActivationTime) >= 2);

if (bVar0)
{
trackLoad("Track_A");
trackPlay(2000, -1);
xsDisableRule("_Trigger_246");
trEcho("Trigger disabling rule Trigger_246");
}
}
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 10:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Hmm... I'm not sure at all why it isn't working... It works fine for the regular triggers that come with the game, and it still works fine... I'll have to look into this, I hope it's not something that also was never finnished in the game. (Like a lot of functions are)

I just noticed that the camera track save thing doesn't want to work correctly.

As a workaround, just keep creating and deleting camera tracks, I guesss, until I can figure this out. Sorry for the problems, because these are very hand for making the screen come from wherever the user is to a point, and I'd hate for it to be broken.

HailToTheOboe
posted 16 January 2010 11:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Well yes, I have been using insert for a while now, but I was trying to find an alternative because it seemed to me I could reduce lag by reducing the number of commands.

This is for hotkeys. I originally did it like this:
insert->trackPlay every time

but I noticed it getting laggy and sluggish after a while so I tried this:

insert once at the beginning
trackPlay every time

and it was a lot smoother, but that means if you play a camera track, you need to insert a new one. (which is what I did, but I was hoping to find another way).

Oh well.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames