You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Adventures of William Bligh
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Adventures of William Bligh
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 31 December 2009 02:18 AM EDT (US)         
The Adventures of William Bligh

So, while waiting for SomerandomDude to return the map we're working on... I decided to try animations, then it became a map, then I did some eyecandy I think you guys might like.
I'm thinking if I put a few hours into it tomorrow I might be into the play testing phase. Then I'll spend a few months breaking my back in this chair modifying it 'til it's perfect.

But I digress, here are the pics I mentioned.

The Great Fortress

The Great Fortress (2)

The Great Fortress (3)

This is the cinematic.

Initial cinematic

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 01-10-2010 @ 10:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 31 December 2009 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Looks pretty good Hammerhands, it's good you've started making big buildings. I'll, once again, playtest if you want. Going to tell us anything about William Bligh?
And to make videos, use fraps: Fraps or something like that.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 31 December 2009 02:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
William Bligh Captained the H.M.S Bounty, whose crew mutinied in 1789. He was born in 1754, and died in 1817.

No, I'm not a history buff, I found his name in the dictionary while looking for a word. I decided I liked the way it sounded, and made a character of him. I hope no one gets offended.

Anyway, he sails to an island (Don't know why yet) lands with a squadron of hoplites. Everyone is ashore, and looking for food, when a kraken sinks their boat and strands them. Three hoplites have to do the grueling task of 'change unit type' so they can build a dock, and get off the island.
And that's about all We have so far. I'll update this thing here when I get more info out of my head.
WinstonShnozwick
Mortal
posted 02 January 2010 04:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
If you want to record video without a time restrict like FAPS then go to NCHSoftware.com, they have a video record free download

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
Myles_Kennedy
Mortal
(id: Jack D P)
posted 02 January 2010 04:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
FAPS
HAHAHAHAHA! Fap...

Looks good.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 02 January 2010 09:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Thanks, Winston. That'd be nice.

The twenty nine second video I captured is 280 megabytes. And I'd wanted to post it here.
Gods be. I'd need some serious High speed.
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 02 January 2010 09:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Center that wall, it's killing me
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 02 January 2010 09:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 02 January 2010 10:31 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
The one that isn't aligned with the lighthouse.

Hammerhands - AVIs are huge. You can load them into Windows Movie Maker (should be in accessories) and export it as a .wmv which is a whole lot smaller.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 04 January 2010 00:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Actually, that wall is centered to the structure, it's the lighthouse that isn't centered to the wall, it's just that I centered the lighthouse between the two fortresses. Since I was using it as a doorway in the first place, I figured it needed to be centered to the walk way that led to it.

Would an MP4 be smaller? I've been trying to get Debut to work, but it want this, and that, and the other... and so one and so forth... because my video is about 125 seconds long.

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 01-04-2010 @ 00:34 AM).]

I Love Bananas
Mortal
posted 04 January 2010 11:20 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
William Bligh Captained the H.M.S Bounty, whose crew mutinied in 1789.
The crew went and discovered the Pitcairn Islands afterwards, didn't they? I think they've made a film about that.

Are you planning to include historic facts in this scenario, or will it be entirely made up?

Sweet baby maizes!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 04 January 2010 07:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I'm just using the name, actually. It's not even about him.

This will be my standard style of map, though I'm still working on a story line. Monsters, enemies, and too few allies. Maybe a bit of home style eye-candy.

I'll see if I can get that video posted tonight.

EDIT: posted the video link in the main post at the bottom.

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 01-04-2010 @ 10:49 PM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 10 January 2010 09:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
What do you guys think of the cinematic? Need work? Adjustment? Modification? Lighting change?
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 10 January 2010 10:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
It's pretty good. I'm no expert on cinematics, but I thought it was pretty good, the only thing I think you should change is the boat position, if they had just got off it, wouldn't it be closer to the shore? As I said, I'm no expert, just my opinion.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 11 January 2010 09:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
I suppose that would depend on the size of the boat. Many boats in those days had to stay away from shore and deploy smaller crafts to get the men ashore. But that's a good point.

Maybe I can find some thing to stick up there that might look like a small boat...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames