Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Implode Experiment
Bottom
Topic Subject:Implode Experiment
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 08 January 2010 09:40 PM EDT (US)         
Well, I was exploring things with explode, modifying it's protounits, and transforming the units.

But, besides finding things like that the effect only lasts as long as the Sphere AND Sphere effect are alive (it will NOT explode if they die early, all the units will just drop out), I found that, if you set the sphere to one of the pestilence sfx's, then the units will never go into the center, they will continue buzzing around the center and shrinking to a very small size, this will not end until the time limit for the gp.

And as a side note, I managed to make a Banishment GP from implode and transforms/modifies that looks like a Tartarian Gate, and kills units inside with no corpse left over that go inside, while not damaging any buildings.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 01-08-2010 @ 09:51 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 08 January 2010 10:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Ya messing with implode is a fun thing to do. The banishment thing does sound rather amusing
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 08 January 2010 11:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
And implode can time out if it takes too long sucking in units, it happened online once, the guy was spamming oracles, and there was an implode, and it timed out and left all the oracles it had sucked in in the exact same spot. Implode is cool

AOM Scenario Trigger Editor Official Thread!

Chat Contains without OOS for online!
Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 13-32-2011 @ 13:60 AM).]
Guard of Osiris
Mortal
posted 09 January 2010 04:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Also, if you implode a large number of anubites, and then delete the implode sphere just in time, then the anubites will be in a circle-spiralish sort of thing. If you change them to buildings, you actually get decent eyecandy.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
Guard of Olympus
Mortal
posted 09 January 2010 04:29 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Actually, a lot of cool stuff can be done with the implode.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 09 January 2010 04:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Implode is awesome.
If you damage the implode SFX 100%, you get a really bright flash that is really useful for teleports or powerful magic (as used in Ripto).

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Guard of Olympus
Mortal
posted 09 January 2010 05:14 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
And in this video

~Guard of Olympus ~
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 09 January 2010 05:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Very nice.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
andrewv42
Mortal
posted 09 January 2010 08:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
And as a side note, I managed to make a Banishment GP from implode and transforms/modifies that looks like a Tartarian Gate, and kills units inside with no corpse left over that go inside, while not damaging any buildings.
That sounds really cool!

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • shuch_ya_mouf
    Mortal
    posted 09 January 2010 12:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
    Guard of Olympus, what screen recording software did you use for that video? When I use any of the three that I have (Camtasia, CamStudio, HyperCam 2), it always has this random blackout every second or so. Are you just using the 'record game' feature?
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 09 January 2010 12:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
    FRAPS

EDIT: Thanks for the comment lostrozzcavalli

~Guard of Olympus ~

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 01-09-2010 @ 12:43 PM).]

Green_Turtle
    Mortal
    posted 09 January 2010 02:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
    Heh, no. Record Game in AOM doesn't make video files. XD It'd be impossible to convert one to a video file without running it in AOM, and the mouse wouldn't be there, and you couldn't see what the person was doing.

I want to get FRAPS but the site is blocked because of some virus on it, and weather or not there is I am not taking chances.

AOM Scenario Trigger Editor Official Thread!

Chat Contains without OOS for online!
    Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 13-32-2011 @ 13:60 AM).]
    lostrozzacavalli
    Mortal
    posted 10 January 2010 05:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
    No problems

It's really what I think about that video

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames